BeautyHacker

My Facelift Experience with Dr. Joo Heon Lee at April 31

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not be able to find your ID?

• 2 weeks later...
I am one of the people who fell for this fake post on Dr. Lee at Area88 and went to Dr. Lee for a facelift. I paid 19 million won and I don't see any obvious change between my before and after pictures but have scars. Actually before I went to Dr. Lee because of this post, I went to many doctors in the US and all told me the only thing they may do on me would be fat transfer. Many great doctors like Dr. Eshima who is one of the most expensive doctors in San Francisco, told me he couldn't do and would not recommend anything on my face. I even went to View and Dream hospitals here in Seoul and they all said I didn't need a face lift. View only recommended Botox in my jaw line. But Dr. Lee even the first time I sent him my pictures said I needed an extended face lift. I thought after he'd see me he might say I wouldn't need a face lift because all these great doctors in Beverly Hills and NYC said they wouldn't do a face lift on me.

As soon as Dr. Lee saw me in person he said again I needed 2 fat transfers and an extended face lift. He was so nice in the first visit and looked at my face in different angles, pulled my skin in a few directions and seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I asked him to show me some of his works and he showed me some of his works and I thought they haven't changed and when I told him what I thought he said many of his patients don't want a drastic change and only want to look refreshed! I showed him pictures of my ideal face and he said he could achieve my goal through a face lift. I really wanted to believe him and honestly I didn't see any signs that make me question his skills.

since I was already in Seoul, I asked him to perform the first fat graft and he did a very minimal fat transfer. He said the first time he would just make my face look more symmetrical. He made me pay $3,300 for a fat transfer and a PDRN. After the fat transfer I didn't see much change but I thought this is only to make my face symmetrical. So went back to the US and came back in May for the face lift. He told me I needed to wait 2 months after the far transfer. I did the fat transfer in November but could go back to Seoul until May. I received a few messages from his office that if I wait too long he wouldn't do the face lift and i need to start a new treatment plan. Originally he said 21 million if I pay with credit card and if I pay in cash, it would be 18 million. He said he was giving me a really good price for 2 fat transfers, 3 PDRN and a face lift..

I went back in May and he performed the face lift....He charged me another extra1 million won to inject fat in my jaw. The fat transfer was also minimal. For 10 days he wrapped my face was in extensive bandage and i looked like a mummied alien. The wound care was horrible. Every time they changed the bandage they had to cut my hair because the tapes were all sticking to my hair and they couldn't detach them without cutting my hair. The bandage was overkill and unnecessary. I couldn't tell how i looked due to the bandage covering all my face and only a small portion of my face was showing. He would change my dressing every 2 days. When he unwrapped my face after 10 days I saw one side of my face looked droopy. I told him and he said it was due to swellings and it would go away in a few months and I should not worry about it. My face wasn't droopy like that before the face lift but I trusted him and after 13 days I went back to the US. After a 2 months I realized my right side is different from the left side and looks droopy and one of my ears has an odd look. I contacted Dr. Lee translator and sent my pictures. She showed them to the doctor and he said I was still healing and I shouldn't worry. After 3 months I went back for my 2nd fat transfer and he performed a fat transfer. The fat transfer on my face was even less obvious that the first time. no swelling or bruising and no change either.

My face looks the same as when I started. It might be a little tighter around the jaw line but my jaw line was not droopy to begin with. One side of my face after 4 months still looks droopy. My ear lobe has a misplaced stitch that makes my ear look weird and screams face lift. I paid 19 million won plus three plane tickets from the US to Seoul and the accommodation for a month. Overall I spent more than $23,000 for a face lift with no obvious change but now I have scars and one side is also droopy.

I strongly believe miame44 and many of these people who started this thread and praised Dr. Lee and his skills are promoters. I have received many private messages from people who went to Dr. Lee because of this post and they all regret it. not even one of these people are happy.

I waited until now and gave Dr. Lee a chance to correct my face but he told me that I have to wait another year before he can correct it. Also he received the money in cash and when I asked him for a letter that says I had a surgery at his office in case I am questioned by immigration about my bandage and also about the $17,000 that I enter South Korea, he denied it.

My advice to anyone who is following this thread is do NOT believe what you heard about Dr. Lee being the best face lift surgeon in Korea. He is a regular surgeon who charges the prices of the best and most famous Beverly Hills doctors and uses old techniques. In my 3 trips to Korea I can tell you that i am not a bit impressed with the skills of the Korean doctors. they cannot be compared to the US doctors. i have friends who have done face lift in the US and their recovery was smooth but me being a perfectionist I thought I can see a better result if I go to Dr. Lee.

I will not go back to Dr. Lee even for the correction. He'd probably will charge me again and i'm afraid of more complications and more scars.

Miame44 stopped responding to me after I booked my second trip for my facelift. She has sent me some fake pictures that showed a drastic before and after change.

Hi EvaCandy,
I'm so sorry that you aren't happy with your facelift results at Area88. I'm also considering a facelift done in Korea and really feel discouraged after reading your post. Is that possible if you could share you B&A photos or your kakao ID for a private chat? Thank you so much and I hope you'll find a right surgeon for your future revision.

Hi evecandy, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with area88, and yes, I do agreed they are many fake post and fake reviews here which is quite sad that those promoter post here just to earn commissions. It will be nice for some one like you to share the experience here to alert some one like us. I hope you can find a good surgeon to fix up the problem that create by area88 Dr Lee. In fact I also got some one approach me by telling me area88 Dr Lee is good etc.. and I really hope this post can alert other top. Thanks so much for sharing your painful experience here.

My very best wishes to you

Thank you for your honest review. I hope you find a good doctor to fix your concerns. Did you do the revision surgery with Doctor Kim? which Clnic is Doctor Kim from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi guys

I did my facelift/brow lift with dr Lee after Vline surgery at Cinderella which now I do not recommend both clinics as people are saying here there are not much difference before after only I was left with a scare and hefty bill.

Since then I did months of research and finally found a fantastic doctor, who is an artist when it comes to plastic surgery.

He does not have a big clinic nor adversities anywhere, I have done 3 procedures with him last June and I am so happy with my results.
I am going back to dr. Kim with my friend in December to do cheek lift (no one can do his technique of cheek lift) and genioplasty my friend is coming with me for facelift and cheek lift.

This doctor has very unique techniques and approaches when it comes to plastic surgery. The prices are also reasonable, I am not here to promote him and if you wanna do anything with him do your research before.

I’ll update you guys after my surgery in December and happy to do a video call if u wish but please do not ask for before after.

I’m sorry at first my skin was tight due to surgery but a year after surgery I saw the real result.

I am now fixing my concerns with help of a fabulous doctor I found in Seoul. I did few surgeries with him and going there in December to do more.
I am so happy with dr Kim but I do not wanna rush in share info about him before my other upcoming surgeries. Contact me on KakaoTalk malm22

• 2 weeks later...

EvaCandy

I am the same as your situation. I have very bad experience at Area88 with Dr Lee. I hope I never done SMAS facelift in Area88.