BeautyHacker

My Facelift Experience with Dr. Joo Heon Lee at April 31

@Mimimari, Thank you for posting this question. I am also unhappy with the result and his attitude after operation. I decided to go to see Dr. Lee after reading your first post comment of his professionalism. My issue is I had lower bleph to remove the undereyes bags and didn’t turn out ok. I also had sagging jowl. I am in the upper 50s. Dr. Lee recommended to do cheek lift for the eyes and lower facelift for the jowl. He didn’t recommend the full facelift like other surgeons but his price is more than others’ full facelift. It made sense to me he addressed each issue. With great reviews and one post “I have only one face” on the back of my mind, I went ahead with him.

Operation day. Right before going into the operation room I had to sign the all Korean language consent form, one whole page in essay writing. I also was told to write Dr. Lee full name at the first sentence. After operation. The eye gel (Tetra….) he prescribed I found out later it is used for dogs and cats eyes infection in the US. Luckily I didn’t use it. The first time he checked the incision. He made the incision too long beyond the end of one eye. He said to me why there is this line. It is ridiculous, how a patient did any thing with it. Every time he didn’t want to hear of my questions and concern, showing different character than in consultation. The head wrap was only took off for cleaning the incision and washing hair and put it back until the day all stitch off. I didn’t see the operation site on ears at all. The day after all stitch off, I noticed my lower part of front ears were cut out. The undereyes didn’t look good due to still swelling. The jowl sagging hold up well due to muscle still very tight. Had he done the check lift as the undereyes incision is short about 1/3 of eyelid length instead of all the way under the lid. Now it is over 3 months post-op there is no swelling, only some tight muscle. The undereyes still look the same as before surgery. The jowl sagging come back, I understand it is only over 3 months but how the sagging will be resolved at one year? I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I'm sorry MY56 about this ! I had high hope for Dr. Lee for a long time. This is Dr. Lee at Area88 right? He's always been at the top of my list for facelift because I was reading rave reviews from Tom Tom and that other person. I wonder if they are promoters? He is the most expensive doctor but I was going to go to him because of the same comment "I have only one face" Gosh now I don't know who's good at facelift???

Hihi,

I just did my facelift earlier this year with Dr. Lee, and Im not too happy about it either. The result is not really worth the facelift fees paid. Some of my friends who knew that i went for facelift, didnt see any significant difference after the facelift. The result is quite subtle, probably Dr Lee's idea is something more natural, but what im looking at is a more lifted result. One side of my earlobe has the pixie ear look, so now im looking for a good surgeon for revision. =(
Does anyone knows of a good surgeon for facelift revision?
Anyone heard of Dr Chuang from wish clinic? Im considering to go to him for the revision, since I have been to him before, he did quite a good job at doing the lower blenoplasty. I emailed him, and he shared with me that he has performed over 1500 cases of smas facelift in the past, and of course cases like mine that need revision.

Im still considering Dr Chuang as i feel more comfortable with him, however , i have also read botched eyelid job done by him in the forum. So quite confuse now... anyone can shed a light?

• 1 month later...

Hi Tongpalfool, I have share the same opinions as you. There are too many compliments for Dr Lee. Are the comments genuine ? please update if you know any real and good facelift doctor..

Hi Mary, very sorry for the late reply. my Kakao id is: 17, I look forward to your call, thanks

Hi Victoria, sorry for the late reply. Glad to know you. Can I have yr Kako Id ? Shall we meet up ? I am planning for facelift surgery this year. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Blessedapple, did you manage to get a facelift revision ? After all he negative comments on Dr Lee, I have decided to strike him off.
Appreciate that you could share the outcome of
of your corrective facelift surgery ?

Hi Thank you so much for sharing! Im also in the searchin stage. And I am using this App called Charmfidence try to download it. It's very useful because you can search different Clinics there and see their realtime reviews and they have community feature on which you can see posts from so many likeminded people like us plus you can asked for Free Consultation and Quotation there from different expert surgeon.