BeautyHacker

My rhinoplasty revision experience in Seoul

Oops one more correction: maybe my English isn't as polished as Lolipop32swiss thought haha! [​IMG]
The rib graft removal didn't leave a dent, the rib graft itself left a dent--an important distinction I thought worth mentioning.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review @catelet ! And congrats on your surgery :smile:
Could you tell me about your consult at marble? What are they good/famous for?
Also about ps101, how long did you have to wait for surgery after your consult? Just curious bcs like you said, they're quite fully booked.

Open rhinoplasty!! You are so brave!

Thank you. I recall the Dr. at Marble as kind, and a nice young lady working there acted as translator. The pricing was fair and no hard selling. He proposed using silicone. Although silicone can give a lovely result and is a viable choice for many, in my particular case I ultimately decided against going that route. If I'd needed more augmentation, however, I would have definitely considered it. I had read from another person on the forum (I don't recall the name now though, sorry) that she was happy with her rhinoplasty from Marble. I happened to be passing by there, and decided to stop in.

At 101, to guarantee yourself a spot for a consult and/or a surgery date, you do need to contact them well ahead of time like I said as he is normally booked months in advance. When I first contacted them well before I arrived in SK, I used email. Later I downloaded Kakao and communicated with that. I think either is fine to contact them, or even phone I would imagine. Thankfully, I knew to contact them well ahead of time due to another person's account of her experience with 101--her name here is smokococo. If you are interested, I would advise you to do the same. :smile:

That's something I don't know. There are a couple of other doctors there, though. Sorry I can't be of more help!

@catelet do you like the end result or is it too early to tell? I've booked a consultation with them a month in advance. Did you book the surgery appointment together with your consultation appointment? Or did you book the surgery date after your consultation?
The website doesn't have B&A pics sigh

Well, albeit I have lot of swelling, (which is to be expected), particularly where the rib graft was removed, but so far I see a smooth-looking, more feminine bridge, symmetrical nostril openings, a better scar for open rhino (I didn't even realize the previous one was that bad until seeing Dr. Paik's excellent handiwork), and everything looks good so far for what Dr. Paik had to deal with in my particular case. :smile: My family member is pleased as well.

As far as booking surgery, you could call them, send an email or kakao and inquire with them directly and see what openings are coming up for surgery--I believe the lady I read about secured a date for surgery before her consult which is what I would suggest. You may be able to do the same--although I don't know how the deposit would work--but it's worth asking about. For me, I was made aware of an opening during my consult but I had to change my travel plans and stay much longer in order to use that date (I didn't want to fly back home and return so I decided to stay--I have been here for over a month now). So if you could do that ahead of time somehow (again I'm not sure how that works), it would likely be best.

I hope it works out for you. :smile: Are you wanting a primary rhinoplasty or a revision?

Someone asked me why I think the rib graft left a dent and I'll answer that here. I can honestly say I don't know, perhaps pressure after many years? Or, perhaps the doctor that placed it there originally could have scooped my bridge out some before placing it might also be a possibility. :confused1:

I should add that this is a question that I haven't asked Dr. Paik, as it's kind of a moot point now. :smile:

It will be a primary for me. I called them but the lady who picked up the phone couldn't speak English so there was a long awkward silent haha
I sent them an online consultation inquiry and they did reply but it's a bit hard to communicate so I will try to kakao them
Glad you're liking your result.. from your description I think it will turn out great for you...
Did Dr Paik show how your nose will turn out during consultation using drawing or even stimulation or did he just describe how it would turn out?
Wishing you speedy recovery :smile:

Thank you for the good wishes Bubble2525. In contacting him, I just sent an email and waited for a response in the beginning. There is a helpful young lady working there who speaks quite good English. I'm sure you'll be connected to her either through email or kakao. :smile:

In answer to your question, before the surgery Dr. Paik drew on my photos and we discussed a proposed outcome, which is consistent to what he did with someone else I read about on the forum. He made sure we were on the same page. Also, he showed me before and afters during the consult (and before surgery as well as it applied to some point we were discussing) with cases similar to mine, which was more indicative of the kind of result I might get. I appreciated that. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Catelet, you mentioned 101 charge the same price as local so how much for primary do you know? How much did you paid for your revision. Is Dr Paik a ent? Thanks

@catelet Hi :smile:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I want to know the price range for rhinoplasty surgery in Korea (if you don't mind). I have undergo rhinoplasty surgery too 2 years ago due to health issue and I'm thinking of doing revision rhinoplasty in Korea :smile:

You can try looking this up at the visitmedicalkorea website, which is an initiative of the Korean government to provide some transparency into Korean PS prices. Rhino is also listed as a procedure there. Good luck with your research.