BeautyHacker

My rhinoplasty revision experience in Seoul

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they took a holiday recently--I'd try again. Their kakao is ps101. I don't know about the website--maybe it's being updated?

• 1 month later...
I am going for my revision surgery on April

Hi,
I am not yet even 4 months out from my revision--so I don't think my photos at this point would show a true representation of the final result, sorry. I'm also not sure I'd be comfortable sharing pics online. I really admire those who are brave enough to do so though. :smile:

What I did, without seeing anyone's before and afters on here, was go see him and he showed me before and afters that related to my particular issues, and that was very helpful. In fact, he was the only one who did that, which is partly why I chose him, in addition to the fact that he only does one nose per day.

My advice is to go see him, email and/or Kakao. Good luck!

If you are not comfortable sharing pics, why would bother writing a review and make people wondering about the outcome. A review without B&As is not much helpful anyway and usually it means results are not good enough to share. 4 month post-op is not a true representation of final results but long enough to see if the work was good or not.

• 2 weeks later...
The review was fine without pictures. Catelet was quite thorough in her review and is satisfied. It was kind of her to take all that time to even post all that she did.

It's selfish and mean spirited people like you who keep people from wanting to share anything with the board. You're never happy. I was on another board and not only went into great detail, but posted numerous pictures. Yet it still wasn't enough for some. It was, "Can I have picture from this angle, that angle and from here?" I never posted there again.

She said she wasn't comfortable posting her pictures. End of discussion. We're lucky when anyone gets surgery that they report back at all. Attitudes like yours are going to ruin that for the rest of us.

Thanks, Catelet for your thorough review.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow. That's very rude of you. Its a personal choice whether someone choose to share (or not) their pictures of b&a in open platform like this or even more personal platform like SNS and we should respect their choice. You wouldn't like it too when other people told you to do things against your will.

Some people DO need refill on their empathy cup.

I'm so sorry @catelet for the rant. I just read your thread and i'm grateful to read such a detailed write-up!

I did not mean to be rude but this review reminds me of what happened with me before. I went to a clinic based on a raving review on the internet and GOT BOTCHED. The person kept telling how brilliant the doctor was, how amazing the clinic was etc. but when people asked her for a B&A photo, she kept telling exactly the same as the OP here that she was not comfortable sharing photos and that she was still swollen and it was not the final result yet… I know I was dumb for trusting an online review, which literally ruined my face but I had never had any PS before so I was so naïve. I’ve learned it the very hard way now that never ever trust any reviews on the internet without seeing real B&A photos. Sometimes, reviews like this (which people even thank them for writing) can do more harm than good.

I later found out that some people use writing reviews on social media as a means to get discounts from the clinics, so they are doing it for their benefits, not for helping you. I am not saying that the OP is the same but I find her review very dodgy in that she answered all the questions but then when someone asked her about the price, she ignored it. And then when people asked her for B&A photos (even through PM only), she said she was not comfortable sharing, which made me very sceptical of her motivation behind her posts.

I am just saying what I am thinking from my own experience. I am not trying to accuse anyone of anything so please stop replying to my posts because I am not going to respond anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
I already knew that 101 was a good clinic. Someone who has nothing to do with the board told me they were good already. Hearing it from someone else was just the capper (Lollipop chiming in when she has shown pictures saying that she's met you also helped).

I think sometimes people forget that everyone here isn't Asian. Taking and showing before and after pics isn't normal for Americans. Neither is talking about getting plastic surgery. So expecting us all to post before and afters is unrealistic.

If you go to RealSelf, most people don't post pics. However, they do go into great detail about their experiences. Are all of those people lying? No. Because here in the US, no one is sponsored for surgery. It's not promoted with fake pictures like in Seoul. It's more known than it was, but when people get surgery it's not something they are proud of or they can walk around showing. It's simply not a part of our culture.