BeautyHacker

My Zygoma Facelift Experience at IDEA Plastic Surgery Clinic - Oct 2017:

How do you take it? Like 2 tablet every 6 hours? Sorry for the questions. I bought arnicare but not sure how to take it before surgery

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a scar across the dome of the head, however concealed by the hair. I did not experience any hair loss, in order to see the scar, the hair needs to be brush aside.

Below are some pictures on the scar n CT scan on how my bones are healing at 6mths.

Usually I took one capsule on the day before ops and about 6 hrs apart per capsule after as per instruction in the box. I had it dissolve under the tongue.

I guess it depends on the potency of each capsule as well.

For my case, Dr Jin shifted and repositioned my zygoma bone upwards rather than forward. Incision was made bicoronally across the head to allow better view with minimum separation of soft tissue from bones.

I was told that by shifting the bones upwards together with soft tissue attached, lifting effect will be more sustainable than a traditional soft tissue lifting since mine was pretty thick n heavy to begin with. Previous lifting had all failed to sustain on me. I do not have protruding zygoma, but sagging cheek after acculift n face lipo done previously.

• 8 months later...
It has been quite a while (19 months post ops) since my surgery and I'm here to update my results. Knowing that this is somewhat the most invasive surgery undergone, I do want to allow ample deswelling time before writing this.

During this 1.5 years of recovery for my zygoma n smas facelift, I've been to Korea for other enhancements and shared in other threads, shall not touch into the details for those, you can PM me if wished to know more:

1) Rhino and Double Eyelid revision https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/986767-my-experience-n-review-on-view-plastic-surgery-clinic-revision-rhinoplasty-double-eyelid-surgery/

2) Genioplasty https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1002220-my-genioplasty-experience-to-remove-chin-implant-at-idea-plastic-surgery-clinic-by-dr-jin-hoon/

Long story short, throughout the recovery period, I experienced no complications other than the tightness on the skin. I could feel deswelling continues even after 1year mark, and my face looks smaller than it was before. However, I somehow like my 2-3 months result most with slight puffiness, super tight glowing skin and my chin looked sharper.

Scar wise, they are well concealed in the hair and I did not encounter any hair loss or bald spot. Scars from smas facelift around the ears are barely noticeable except for a raised scar behind my right ear which Dr Jin had given injection to soften it.

I'm glad I did not encounter any sagging from the zygoma surgery via bicoronal incision. Before that I've read sagging is unavoidable after zygoma surgery which made me kind of worried, since I'm not very young and having more soft tissues on my face. But actually I feel my mid face looks lifted now compared to before. I have my latest CT scan taken 1 month ago. Both the cheekbone n chin were well secured and remained intact, no sign of bone nonunion.
20190507_004351.jpg
Having said that, I recently returned from Seoul and visited my clinic. During my visit, I met another patient (Male in late 20s) from US who just had zygoma revision by Dr Jin via similar technique as what I did and we had a chat with each other. I got to know his revision surgery was a complicated one. Felt sorry about what he had been through after his previous zygoma surgery but happy that he found a doctor who could fixed the complications he had underwent for past 5 years. When I saw his before, it freaked me out a little, at the same time felt blessed n fortunate that I had went to the right doctor for my primary zygoma surgery. I couldn't imagine if it had happened to me. When I last met him in the clinic, he was recovering well and looking good from his surgery. This is the before n after CT scan of the patient which I saw from IDEA clinic facebook and I thought of sharing it here. (Source:
mmexport1559180989563.jpg
Back to my update, so far, comments I received are all positive. My friends n even doctors from other clinics said my results was impressive.

So how do I feel about my result? Well, after going through a long journey, this is the most worthwhile procedure out of all the surgeries I've undergone. Though most invasive n recovery process took longer, the result has the greatest impact. It was a great improvement for me and I literally feel it. People said I looked pretty now while some said I looked younger than my age. Sometimes you received bonus n got treated better, it feels so good! So if you ask me would I still do it after been through all this? My answer is a definite Yes! I did not regret and am pleased with the results. It has helped me regained much of my confidence too!

The only concern I have now is perhaps the persistent tightness n tension on my lower face n around the ears. My bottom right face feels slightly tighter than the left. Despite that, it doesn't bother me much as I thought it could be part of the recovery process. Nevertheless I'll continue to monitor and update on the progress.

wowow im so happy for you omg!!! if possible could you tell us what price you were quoted? im thinking of idea!! im not sure what the price range is.

I would suggest you contact the clinic directly for a more accurate quotation since you may not need all the procedures that I did, so price could differ. Moreover my surgery was done sometime back, it might not be updated too. =)

Hi, I've not heard about zygoma done via incision under the eyelid n intraoral so I'm not so sure on that. Perhaps it is just a technique difference?

From my understanding, via bicoronal incision allows better exposure of the zygoma area hence it can be more accurately adjusted n secured. Also cheek sagging is reduced as separation of soft tissue from the bone is minimised. Scar can also be concealed in the hair such that it is not visible.

I heard a transconjunctival incision and be used to lift the fat pad over the cheekbones without having to do a bicoronal?

So it is done to lift the fat pad over the cheekbones. What about the underlying issues of the bone structure that is causing the sagging of the cheek? Can it be fixed concurrently the same incision as well?

I would think it is important to fix the actual underlying root cause than just the surface. Perhaps you could find out more from the doctor.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Shermainetsj, I fill out the reservation form in IDEA website but kept receiving the error message. Do they have kakao or whatsapp? Please help me get a hold of them for a consultation.