BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

It is nice to see you are happy! Didn't you noticed the cement change shape after the procedure is done? Do you feel the edges where the cement ends or you can not detect any edges and it feels smooth everywhere? Thank you!

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to see that things went well for you. I have been considering this procedure for a while and I am pleased by your results. May I ask what you think the next step would be for someone like me?
Thanks

@zuniha: The cement stayed the same. I didn't notice any changes. I can't really feel the edges unless I really look for it. And even then its kinda hard.

@Wowy: I'm glad this review helped you out! First step is to find time to take 5 days or so off. I suggest contacting Dr Song and Item and set up consults either by yourself OR contact Tony (I wrote a review about him in another post) and he can set up the appts for you. Going through Tony can reduce the procedure price for you, but you'll pay about $65USD for his apartments, which is moderate but with free translation and clinic transportation. It's possible to find very decent places for as low as $35 on Airbnb without Tony. Your call. Good luck!

Thanks Ashley117 I will have a look at those

@DIDIER: Hey, yeah, I've had this problem too. I think he gets very busy and may not actively check his emails. Try following up every 3 days or so. I followed up and he will respond. I wish he was better in this aspect of the process.

Alternatively, if you know Korean or have a Korean friend, you can have them call directly.

• 3 weeks later...
Im at Jogak now about to get my forehead done. What made me decide on Dr Song was his journal article publications which cant be faked. Hes done like hundreds of these surgeries and you csn see what his rate of error is in the publications which is extremely low.

Also in our consult I felt like I could trust him. We spoke in korean with a little bit of english mixed in as I have a korean background. He explained the procedure and its limitations regarding the temporal areas. I hope i can also have a drastic life change like ash.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,
Im a new member and so GLAD I found this discussion online.
Very happy for those had successful surgery and goodluck to those who are planning to. I have a flat head on the back and am also looking.I have a consulation with Epply but I think after Ashley success I may consider Korea. How do I contact Tony ?
Is 10 day period enough to go to Korea, have surgery and remove stiches etc and travel back?
Eppley suggested an implant but if its gets soft and need revision then I feel I better go with versabond- what you all think? What are cons of using cement vs implant?

thanks

DO NOT go with eppley, the guy is a complete douchebag and scammer. The staff are *******s as well. Also bone cement is so much better, it looks and feels natural. Im so stoked by the job that Jogak did Ill be going back later this year to do the back of my head as well. My new forehead is still a little swollen but looks amazing, its life changing surgery and im so glad that I cancelled on Eppley. Almost went with him because he has so much spam online but the more i interacted and more i knew , i knew in my gut i did not trust him. Check out the jogak website and thr journals that the doctor has done. Thats what convinced me, his success rate based off of a large sample size.

thanks theriksta. the only problem is jogak doesn't reply..i have sent many emails but still no answer.shall I just go directly - also the airbnb host Tony is his contact info available?

This would LITERALLY change my life.. but what if the back of my head is literally too flat for them to be able to fix it? There are limitations right? Imagine not having to back comb my hair every single day every ~2+ hours to give my head volume..

hi everybody,

I am so glad I found this discussion here as well. many thanks to ash for your postings and sharing in detail your experience... much appropriated and I very pleased to see that your surgery went well for you. I have been considering this procedure for years and I am very interested to do this as well in South Korea. I can't even wear any baseball caps due to the lack of volume... A friend of mine had his wedding ceremony in a synagogue and I need to wear a Kippah (a traditional Jewish cap) and I looked ridiculous with a flat-square head and felt very uncomfortable. This is the year to change.

@Ashly117 did you get your VAT back at the Airport? and how did you pay for the surgery? and shall I just email Tony and the clinic?

I know how you feel... I have pretty much the same problem. Also worried that my head it too flat to fix. Perhaps I will send pics to the doc first before i book my flight.

Hi theriksta,
how do you feel and how was the surgery? are you happy with the outcome?