BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hey MarioKa, I'd like to know if you showed them the hospital's receipt to get your refund? And, was the refund in your country's currency?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clinic will provide you with a receipt which you can show the refund counter at the airport. You can choose to be paid back in Won, US dollars and British pounds. They do not refund to a credit card, only cash. Do not worry about minor things, everything runs VERY smoothly in South Korea.

• 3 months later...
@Ashly117 Thank you so much for sharing your experience! After reading your posts I decided to go for skull reshaping surgery. The back of my head is unbelievably flat and it's been troubling me for years. Someone mentioned before that they had to curl or back comb their hair everyday to get some volumn. It's been my life as well and I'm so done with it.

it's been pretty quiet here for a while now, does anyone have any updates on this surgery? After reading this thread, I decided to to contact JOGAK and ITEM by email first to ask for price. Can some one please advise me if it's necessary to include some pictures of myself (well, my head)?
Also, I'm kinda hoping to get it done between the end of December and the beginning of January. Is it actually possible considering that I'm just starting now?

I contacted JOGAK today, i'm a 22 years old guy with an asymetrical head due to a pression exerted when i was born. It's a big problem for me in my everyday life. I linked them some photos and i ask them about the price. I will keep you in touch.

Me. I'm the one who said that. And I don't see myself doing back of the head surgery anytime soon so it's just me still suffering everyday with the same thing. I emailed Jogak a couple months ago and showed them my pictures, I'm quoting the price straight from the email ( about 6,000 ~ 7,000 USD(VAT included). This is the total cost including consultation, surgery, and whole treatment). And you can get the VAT refund at the airport.

Hi Ikho! Have you got any reply yet? I got one from dr song and he answered all my questions with clarity. He already suggested a time for my surgery. Actually I was hoping to do a face-to-face consultation first when am in Korea before deciding which clinic to go for. But I don’t know if they’ll be able to perform the surgery straightaway, since I won’t be able to stay in Korea for many days, it’s a big worry for me.

Hey Mlydzz, I totally feel your pain! But combing my hair backwards can only temporarily solve the problem, I’m too tired from having to worry how my hair is holding up back there all the time. So I’m very determined to get it fixed once and for all though to be honest i’m quite scared of undergoing surgery.

Btw, did anyone send email to ITEM and got a reply? I sent an almost same email to item and JOGAK, got reply from both, Jogak answered every single one of my questions and gave additional comments, item did not answer any of my questions but asked me to provide all my information, including my nationality, passport number and flight number. I don’t see how these information are relevant to my consultation at this stage, did this happen to anyone else?

ooh...yeah you're right. I keep re-doing my hair every couple hours, it's incredibly annoying and inconvenient but alas. And about ur other question, they sometimes ask about your details and then answer your questions I think that's normal though inconvenient too.

Hi, i didn't have a reply yet, but from what i read in this topic it seems to be normal.
I'm also worried about the conduct of the operation, do i have to make an appointment before going to korea ? How many days i have to stay ? How to pay ? I'm young and i didn't travel much so it's all new for me. (english is not my native langage sorry if i choose stranges words to express my mind)

Yeah.. I'm really hoping to be spared of all that trouble... Are you planning to undergo the surgery in the near future?

ok if it's how they do it.. but i just feel uncomfortable about providing my passport number to them when i am not even their customer yet. feels odd.

oh don't worry about your english Ikho, I understand you perfectly :biggrin:. it's not my mother tongue neither.
Yeah it feels quite scary to lie down on a table and wait to be cut, haha. anyway... i am still determined to go for it.
If you have enough time, I think it's the best to stay for 10 days, so you get everything taken care of before you head back home. If not, then at least 3 days as I am suggested.
I do prefer to make an appointment before going to Korea, since you never know if they suddenly get real busy and you are scheduled several days later. As for the payment, I think credit card and cash are probably the most common?
Do you already know when will you be going?

I got an answer from JOGAK, it was just some informations about the operation.

I want to do it just after my exams are finish, so in the middle of january.
I think i will also make an appointment before going to Korea, do you think we can contact them right now for an appointment in January ?

best earlier than late

Yeah i agree with mlydzz, better to do it earlier, you get better chance to find a cheaper flight ticket if you book early enough. I mentioned roughly around which dates I can stay in Seoul in the email, and dr Song suggested possible appointment date accordingly. I'll go already in the early January. Please keep your fingers crossed for me :P. I'll of course keep you all updated!