BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

At the begining, you are sleeping for few minutes (general anesthetic), the time for the surgeon to inject anaesthetic in the back of your head.
Step by step, you're waking up during the operation, but i felt no pain at all, just a strange sensation of my skull being rubbed.
And you may find this weird, but i found that pleasant, i wasn't aware if i was in reality or still in my dream. :P

The cut is about 5cm, and the skull is too solid for the surgeon to break it don't worry.

I got a haircut today, something which get me anxious before, but today the result is very satisfying, my head is normal, like i always wanted. I have no discomfort and i can't even feel the limits of the implant.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for responding. That really helped a lot. I think you said that you got general anesthetic because you are claustrophobic ?. i would imagine that the norm is local anesthetic instead ?. I wonder if that hurts.

Sorry just one last question. How long roughly should someone stay for. Would 7 days be enough? and how much roughly did you spend on flight and hotel ? Did you get to enjoy Korea as well as in make a small holiday out of it lol ?

The doctor said the general anesthetic was to avoid to feel the pain of the injection of anesthetic in the back of the head, but you can have only the anesthetic in the back of the head if you want, i had the choice.

I stayed 7 days in Korea, you must stay at least five days after the operation (in this case, you have to remove the staples in your country).
I got my flight ticket for 600€ and my hotel costed me 350€ (2 people) for the week (located in gangnam 5 minutes from jogak clinic).
And yes it was like vacation, there was only the afternoon after the operation where i rested, other days were tourism.

Hi

Please respond to this.

Im doing some research on bone cement and the whole thing sounds pretty scary. Patients can apparently die due to pulmonary embolism, cardiac arrest and hypoxia or whatever that is. Did doctor song talk to you about the risks associated with it ? because this cement gets in contact with your bone and such. Were you initially worried, maybe that you would not take to the anesthetic, or that the your body would reject the bone cement, or that you would get blood clots?

Sorry for all the questions but this procedure sounds so risky and I really want to do it but don't know if the risks are just too high.

Thank you for your response :smile:

The doctor explain to you the operation and all the complications that could occur after. He said to me that reject are really rare, and he has never seen this case.
And there is of course all the complications that can occur for every operation, it's never 100% safe, it's up to you to decide.
But it's not like you have 50% chance to die, this operation is safe.

Thank you Ikho for explaining this all to me. I really appreciate it.
I have emailed Dr Song now. I am waiting for him to respond.

Hi Ashly117 and Ikho,
I was wondering if the clinic is good at forehead augmentation as well. I have dent on my forehead and always wanted to fix it permanently. Did you happen to see patients going for forehead augmentation?

That thread caught my attention. I also wish to augment the back of my head as it is pretty flat. Seeing the reviews and the website, Jogak seems like the best choice. Given He speaks english very well according to the OP, i don't even need an airbnb host that speaks Korean, right? Just come there, take a hotel for a couple of nights and I'm good to go, right?

Wondering about how much size I could put on the back on my head.

Hey after reading your experience with jogak I emailed his office but I haven’t heard a response. How long should I expect till I hear back from Dr. Song?

I’m hoping to fly to Korea and get the surgery within the next few weeks.

I emailed him 3 days ago and he still has not responded to me either. I sent a follow up email to him today. He must be really busy.