BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

yeah.for sure they only know about the implant.Most important is i'll have to make sure jogak can do the procedure or i'll waste my money to go there.So whats your plan now in the near future?i am currently stay at malaysia.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if possible can u share your picture before and after..thank you

Hi everyone,
I'm having my surgery tomorrow, actually in less than 10 hours or so...
Can't sleep because of the jet lag, so decided to drop a line or two here, since this was the forum I have heard about this possibility and I knew that was it, from the first word I have read about it here.
I'm from EU and this flat head thing has been a pain for me since my childhood, as I soon realized, my head was looking weird and sadly it ruined so many great moments and opportunities in my life, as it is killing my self esteem to the point I just couldn't stop thinking about it all the freaking time.
I will post some more news tomorrow probably but so far it was like a few guys already stated here.
Decided to go with Jogak, dr. Song is super responsive, always replied the same day.
Actually we exchanged probably just 5-6 mails, as I went straight forward with it, saying that I want it to be done as soon as possible, offered him a date I would like to visit him in the first mail, he confirmed and here I am. :biggrin:
Didn't mail him any pics, as he will see the situation in person anyway..
So stay tuned...
Oh, I'm staying at same hotel as Ikho was (urban place gangnam), so this info was super helpful, as the whole forum thread is!
Thank you guys a million times, you can't imagine how excited I am. :smile:

This is so great best of luck to you, and I understand. I cant even tie my hair up or wear any kind of hat because it makes my issue super obvious and has ruined my self esteem so much. If you could share before and afters that would be great

Yeah idk... when I can go and have the surgery i'm just gonna go to Jogak as well. Probably a year or so from now on?

Wow! Its great. I hope the procedure is going well and the procedure will be a turning point and bmgive u a big positive change in your life. I really hope a
i can go there this end of the year. Need to save money from now even i do have enough money for procedure but still need a saving for my family first.Hope u dont mind to share before and after.. If possible.thanks!

Hello Rodney,

I am super excited for you. :biggrin:

Your message touched me because I know exactly how you feel. When everyone around you has this nice round head and you are looked at funny, or insulted because your head looks like spongebob at the back. Its not a nice feeling and it can defo interfere with ones self esteem. You cant be free and you will constantly be checking your head to ensure there is enough volume there etc. I personally get anxious and paranoid when the wind blows because it moves the hair all out of place. Its not a fun way to live !!!

Please keep us updated on your journey/progress and your procedure.

Thanks a million.

Also how is the hotel you are staying at. Is it nice? clean? good service etc?

I personally cannot wait for when you get the procedure done. You have been on this thread for a while and it would be nice to get your thoughts on how the procedure went for you aswell.

ok, a small update :smile:
all went super smooth, the pain started after a few hours but it's nothing special, felt kinda like a burn or scald but really nothing special, today it is way better but you will feel a tension on the back, which is of course normal, as the scalp is stretched and this feeling will be like that for a wile I guess, until the skin stretches.
Really nothing to worry because I'm all smiles now and here's why!
Guys, this is really life changer for me, I look sooo better, the result is way better than I was even hoping it would be! I dunno if dr. Song is telling everyone the same but according to his words, mine scalp was super flexible, so he could add some more cement. He told me that girls scalps are more stretchy and usually they get 50 ml of cement, opposed to boys which get 40 ml at average, I got 50 ml though.
I had a cast around my head but it fell off somehow while I was sleeping and I was a bit worried but after meeting him today, he said it was not a biggy at all, he didn't even apply another one, as my wound is looking great, so I'm without it after a day from the surgery... I'm seeing him on Thursday morning again and the the last check on Friday morning as well. It's super handy to be that close to the clinic.
And boy my head looks so good, can't believe it! :biggrin:
I had quite severe flatness, quite comparable with the flattest from his pictures on his site and I'm loosing my hair, so the pics he made before surgery were quite horrory and after asking him how severe he thinks my flatness is, he just smiled and notch head like saying, it's bad and we both cracked, he's super nice and kinda goofy. :biggrin:
I will make you some pics after I wash my hair, which should be on Thursday.
Also, if you work out, you will not be able to do it for 2 weeks, which is a bummer for me but I think I will live. And I have the gym on my floor in the hotel. :biggrin:
About a hotel, don't expect too much, I would rate it with 3 stars but it is literally the next street from clinic, which was the most important thing to me, you are exactly 4 minutes away from it. And it is cheap.
I haven't eat in it as there is sooo many fancy food options around the corner, like 2-3 minutes away from hotel and they have soo good food it's beyond me.
Clinic it self is located in a building on the 3rd floor and I had some problems locating it at first as there is no english signs about it, nor people know about it if you ask around, even the next building didn't know, so the best is to have some app like Naver or Kakao maps for help. And even then, you'll probably have some trouble locating it, even though you will be standing in front of it haha..
Also, clinic is nothing fancy, I mean here in EU where I live, we have an average dental clinics looking way more fancy and updated. But it is cute and the girls that work there are nice and so cute, the whole team is just spot on, so don't worry about anything, it was a super nice and relaxed experience.
Another thing, I opted with intravenose sedative but somehow I haven't fell asleep and I could hear everything but haven't felt anything. I know that I'm kinda more resistant to those drugs, I had similar experience with another surgery here in EU, when they just couldn't put me down haha. :biggrin:

All in all, I'm, super happy with the result, so far no hematoma or anything, it is hard to realize I have a round back of the head! :biggrin:
Even dr. Song said he was a bit surprised of how nice it got.
Like I said in the beginning, I wasn't expecting that good result really but anything more than what I had would be better, so this is just a miracle. :smile:
If someone is expecting you will have a head like Michael Jordan out from this flatness, forget it. But trust me, you will be knocked off how way better you will look, I mean I still can't believe it and I'm so happy I can barely hold on not to start kissing every one that I meet haha!!

I have another 4 day to spend and explore this beautiful city, I've been around a world a bit and Seoul is just another level. I could stay here forever, totally in love with it so far. And definitely coming back.

Cheers everyone!

That's the thread I've been looking for. Also struggling with a relatively flat back of my head. When googling skull reshaping surgery, Barry Eppley is the first guy popping out. Glad I read the critiques and know to stay away from this guy. Given this thread, Jogak is the best way to go indeed. Considering to do it by the next year.

@rodney_gene_jr that sounds nice mate. How much did you pay for the surgery itself? And how much for the flight and hotel? Did you need a Korean translator? Dr. Song is speaking English, but is English enough for the travel itself? e.g. airport, travelling and staying at the hotel and travelling to the hospital.

And a question that might sound silly, but how does the head augmentation change your hair? Does it affect the density of your hair, since your scalp becomes bigger? And what about the height of your hair line? I played around with my scalp a bit to test how flexible it is, and as I was pulling my scalp to the back, the hair line was also pulled slightly back. But judging the photos in this thread, it seemingly stays all the same.

Hi,
I paid 6000$ and 1000€ for both, the hotel and the airplane ticket together in those 1000€.
English is the best for traveling anywhere, so you'll be fine.
I'm not sure about movement of the hair line, it surely moves a bit but I don't think it moves that much it would be so noticeable tbh, although I was thinking it will work as a free facelift haha, and it really does, as my forehead looks tiny bit smoother now, with wrinkles smoothed out! It's a double win for me, as I'm getting 40 this year and have some forehead wrinkles (or should I said I had)! :biggrin:
Hope it stays like that.. :smile:)

Thank you so much for this detailed response.

I am super happy for you and glad that you are very happy with your results. I googled Michael Jordans btw head and well I dont like it and its not that round lool, but yes I am glad yours came out so well.

Looking forward to seeing your before and after photos.

TC :smile:

hahaha Michael is my hero, careful with your words! :biggrin:

Sure its round, look at that pic!
[​IMG]

Mine is nowhere near, I have just a slight curvature but honestly, I think it really fits me better than if it was more prominent. Besides, there are another things to consider when talking about the whole shape of the head, shape of the forehead being just as important as the back of the head.
And usually flat head goes in hand with very sloped forehead.
I have it quite sloped and I already talked about fixing it, just before I had a surgery of the back.
But seeing my profile now, I don't think I will do it, as I think I achieved the look I was dreaming about.
We will see after my occiput honeymoon ends.
Oh another thing, my scar is bigger than 5 cm, it's more of a 7 cm or so, but I real couldn't care more, as there is nothing better than finally see my self in profile looking like a normal human, good god what a relieve, still hard to believe.

Same here. A flat back of the head alone wouldn't be too much of a problem, but the combination of flat head and sloped forehead is quite an annoying combo, as it makes the head pointed towards the end. But I think back of the head augmentation alone would do the job. I have seen a lot of guys having a sloped forehead but a round back of the head, which makes it fine. As for the sloped forehead, I thought about injecting some stuff into it, like hyaluronic acid (which is usually used as a filler in beauty cosmetics) or fat grafts. Fat grafts can achieve quite the result. But wouldn't overdo it. Just to have the forehead slightly more rounded than straight up sloped.

But those fillers aren't permanent, are they?

When I spoke about my forehead with dr. Song, he showed me on the picture how much he would add, he said that 0,5 cm in thickness would be more than enough and he would also add some volume to the top of the head. Both areas would be possible to do through one opening spot.
The thing is, that's quite a lot of money for me, as the cos is the same as for the occiput, and seeing how I look now, I'm not sure about doing it anymore. Honestly, I think I could even dare to shave my head and walk around with it, feeling like a boss, which for me was the biggest nightmare just a couple of days ago.