BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Like the left side of my head is round and normal. Then if you look at me from above its similar to yours with not much of a top to my head and it diagonally slants off to the right my that side is pretty flat from the side and an angle. The from left to right is slants and has a little indent above my right ear. I feel as if bone cement wont help too much and I still am so worried that if i went with an implant that wouldnt be too good either. I know the bone cement limits but i feel it wont give me the results i want. I know the risks to implants and they are certainly more costly but i feel maybe since im 19 and prolly wont be able to get any procedure dont for a long time there will be better options in the future. The other thing that sucks is tahiri and Deschamps-Braly said around 40k for the operation. Tahiri said because he uses a peek implant which is more sturdy i than silicone and holds up better. Still risks for infection but the implant itself is 10k. Does anyone think there will be more awareness and options for adults with plagio cases in the future?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Im glad it all went well and it looks great. Im curious to know how it is all holding up. Does it look good and round/ natural from most angles. Like if you were to have somone take a video of you spinning you’re head would look round and nice. If i do that on video my head is all sorts of messed up. It almost feels soft and has indents all over. When i look at my face in the mirror and i tilt my head back the left side in the rear bulges and then slants horribly across the whole back of my head to the right side. If i lay my hand flat on the back of my head its at a pretty decent angle. I feel bone cement wouldnt do too much for me so i have been looking at implants and results. Most of them really dont look too bad but they are really pricey and i almost feel like my case my be so bad there is no room for much improvement. I dont want to spend all the money of it feels weird sleeping with it or having to take it out at some point in my life. That would be a waste!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! From everyone's experience of visiting Seoul. Around how much did you guys spend on the surgery, hotel, transportation etc in total? I've been planning on saving up and finally having the courage to do something about my back flat head.

+Ashly117

I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for writing this in such detail and for providing links. I have been struggling with this since I first realized it in high school and I am 31 year old female. I first heard of these procedures a few years back but, due to lack of information and the extremeness of the procedure, I discontinued my search. I can't say I'll for sure do this procedure as a part of me still feels and is scared that it is too extreme and the possible future ramifications/complications...HOWEVER, just KNOWING that this is an option and all it takes is money is SUCH a relief.

The weight lifted off my shoulders from the feeling of helplessness was one I've been carrying both knowingly but also unknowingly since I was a teen. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking your time and the patience to really write this out in detail. You have really helped me in ways I didn't realize were possible.

You seriously look great!
I can understand your insecurities with the back of your head becuase I go through them as well, but I assure you that whatever you notice on your face is not noticeable to everyone else.

I totally understand that you see it; I have that too. But develop a sense of comfort that only YOU notice it and that even if someone does notice it (likely only after you point it out), it's so insignificant a difference. No one is symmetrical : ) Additionally, the back of your head is round enough that to a normal personal, it is not noticeable. (and you seem to have a good head of hair which is great at covering that - my suggestion? keep your head of hair as long as possible. Get good preventative hair loss shampoo and take vitamins/get good nutrients to have healthy hair (shampoo with biotin, etc.; do some research on what is best). Also, you are Caucasian so it's less noticeable with your facial features.

Know from your own personal experience that you did once do well with girls in HS. Now not so much; so what changed? Certainly not your head. But your headspace. Work on that! And all will be fine. There are more important thing about YOU that make you special and a guy that girls wanted to be around - on top of that, you're clearly a good looking guy! Once you realize this, things will fall into place. : ) Don't let this hold you back in living your life. I'm 30 turning 31 soon and I didn't. Emotionally it has been a drag but I still enjoy life. We are not that much different in age but trust me when I say 25 is still young so dont waste your years on letting this hold you back.

As for side effects on brain? I think maybe only very severe cases but your head is pretty normal so, yes, probably on aesthetic. HOWEVER, please know that our brains are forming until like 27 or something...your personality. I can safely say the person I was at 25 compared to 27 compared to now, 30/ almost 31? TOTALLY DIFFERENT. My point here is to BE CONFIDENT. BE SATISFIED WITH YOURSELF. LIVE. You had it once in high school and you've lost it since becuase of your insecurities. But it's back there somewhere. Find it again. Because it is going to shape who you are and your brainspace.

You are handsome and have a lot to offer. Don't forget it! : )

hello everyone
I had so much insecurities due to my flat head and it gives me so much relief to know that there is a surgery for that and that so many people can relate to that.
whoever is thinking of doing and who eventually did.Please do post about your results and feedbacks.it is really comforting to read how it impacted your life.i myself am thinking of it but the money aspect and time is still a limiting factor.

Hi Ashly117, how are you? someone mentioned that skin extension is necessary before the procedure. I thought in your case that the procedure was done without any such intervention. Is this frequent? do you now anything about skin extension? Also I meant to ask you how does the skin at the back of your head feel, is it a little tight?? Thanks for your help!!

Hi, I'm from India. I'm here in philippines already. I feel insecure in shape of my flat head on both sides. I too decided to go on surgery for having normal head shape as like others. I like to meet u personally here in philippines that we shall gather some ideas to move on next step. U can also contact me on hangouts or my kik id: Prajith.