BeautyHacker

Zygoma/jaw reduction changes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

i had the same issue. i went for 2x zygoma reduction in Seoul, my face did looked smaller, but at the same time i noticed my cheeks become flatter. So i went to have cheekbone implant with Dr Oh at REGEN, unfortunately the result is not what i want. Whenever i smile, the implant went sideways instead of protruding front-out. And when i laughed, my face feels tight. So after a year, i went to another clinic to have it removed, and did threadlift and fat grafting on my cheeks. But sadly, it did not help. Now almost 1 year, i noticed my face start to droop abit, and my cheeks is very flat. I think perhaps the threadlift has gone.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone who faced similar prob, went to a good clinic and found solution to this, please share ur experience. Thank u!

Hey PLastic surgery addict,

You had cheekbones reduction done twice?

Or did you mean-you had cheekbone reduction, then went back for cheek implants?

Did Dr. Oh use silicone malar or submalar cheek implants?

Have you though about custom cheek implants?

Maybe talk to a cranialfacial surgeon about using an interpostional bone graft to help with your cheekbones?

I hope you find a solution. I'm dealing with the same issues for a few years now-really hope to have my life back.

• 2 weeks later...
I had cheekbone reduction twice in total, at a small clinic and at Regen.
I think is submalar implants, i remember the implant is white, round and 'pop upwards'. But i dont know why the implant move to the side whenever i smile or laugh.
Have u consult any doctor in seoul about your issue?

Hi

im flying off to seoul next week. Been trying to find H plastic surgery contact. Do u have their email or kakao ID?

Thank you

I think their kakaotalk username is in Korean so you'll have to copy and paste it.
H 성형외과

Please do share your experience with us if you do end up having a consult as I'm interested in consulting with them as well.

I think the reason it moved to the side is bc the surgeon didn't use screws to prevent implants from moving or shifting.

Hi all, I’m doing research into cheek reduction because it was one of the things recommended to me based on one online consult. I was wondering what lead to everyone on here to decide to go ahead with the surgery? Were you desperate? Did you have 100% faith in your doctor? I’m really sorry to hear about the experiences on here but I really do believe things will work out for you all. I’m very scared to make the same mistake.

• 1 year later...

I consulted with a craniofacial surgeon who also advised to use bone grafts to fill in the gap and reverse the zygoma reduction to bring the frame back to my face. Have you found a solution similar? I think i'm going to go ahead with this procedure.

The only thing with bone graft is it’s unpredictable. Bone graft can reasorbed a bit. I consulted with almost all cranialfacial surgeon. DM me and we can chat more.

• 3 months later...
Hi all, I had zygoma reduction and deeply regret the results. I am desperately searching for ways to reverse this. I spoke to Dr Lee at The Face Dental and he said it’s possible to push (rotate) it back out to create more volume in the front of the face. Does anyone have more information regarding this or any experience in this? Thank you.

I’m so sorry you are experiencing this madambutterfly89! I could have written the exact same post. My eyes have definitely changed since zygoma reduction. They look somewhat hollow and lifeless. I’m so depressed.

This thread is seriously making me reconsider cheekbone reduction. I have prominent cheekbones but one is super prominent and larger than the other. I only want that one reduced slightly to be the same size as the other, I hope this is doable. Can you guys share the clinics where you had a bad experience with? That way people will know to avoid them. Of course, only if you are comfortable doing so. Thanks for sharing your experiences