BeautyHacker

Double eyelid surgery experience at MVP Plastic Surgery

Surgery day:
I arrived at MVP for surgery preparation at around 1pm, with my scheduled surgery for DES around 3pm. Elizabeth asked me if i had decided on the type of crease i want amd I told her i had decided on getting tapered creases. After i had changed into the surgery gown, she explained to me what would happen during the surgery and I was led to a waiting room while i waited for the operating theatre to be available.

Finally when I was in the op theatre, I was given sedation via IV, and local anaesthesia administered after that. Honestly, I did not feel any pain when the LA was injected. As the sedation started taking effect and i aas getting slightly drowsy, Dr Seo came in along with some other nurses and the surgery began. I don't remember exactly how long the surgery took but I felt no pain at all throughout the whole time, and it was a weird experience as i was like a half-asleep robot, and I just opened and closed my eyes according to the doctor's instructions, along with short strange dreams. The only thing I remembered seeing were some different colours and something bright yellow like a giant block of cheese. After that, I kind of dozed off and when i was awaken awhile later by Elizabeth, I was already in the recovery room where my mum was waiting. Going from monolids to double eyelids, i could feel a slight change in sensation when I blinked my eyes as I opened them. Ellen (another consultant) and Elizabeth came in and told my mum and I that my results were looking very nicely done.

After a short rest, Elizabeth brought me my post-op medications and pumpkin porridge, and after explaining the dos and don'ts for the post-op care, I was ready to leave the clinic. As it was already early evrning as we left, Elizabeth was really sweet to help my mum and I hail a taxi back to our hotel.

Recovery:
I had a pretty smooth recovery aside from the usual expected blurry vision after surgery. To help with deswelling, I took Sinecch (Arnica for surgery), bromelain and vit C supplements. I also drank pumpkin juice (bought from the nearby pharmacies) on and off for a couple of days. My bruising and swelling were quite bad in the first 4 days following surgery but with the supplements, cold and warm compress and medication, it subsided quite well eventually. I also went back to the clinic twice for cleaning, IV vitamin drip and laser deswelling therapy before stitches were taken out on the 5th day after surgery.

Eyelid photos:
I have attached my B/A photos below regarding my journey so far for these 2 weeks of recovery. Please do not share or circulate these pictures without my permission.

Pre-op eyes:
IMG_20180324_205705168.jpg

Post surgery:
salt_20180531_004001_746.jpg salt_20180531_004823_327.jpg

salt_20180531_005304_632.jpg
salt_20180531_005618_427.jpg
IMG_20180531_010425608-01.jpeg
salt_20180531_011333_393.jpg
IMG_20180601_182547502-01.jpeg

I am now exactly 2 weeks since surgery and I am satisfied with how my eyes have been looking so far. I am thankful that Dr Seo did a good job and as I have been told the full result of my surgery will be seen after up to 6 months of recovery, I hope that my eyes will eventually turn out to be what I want. I am also really grateful for Elizabeth and Victoria for the help that they have given me, including arranging transport pick-up for my mum and I to the airport on the last day of my trip.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, the above was my initial post in another thread that I've brought over. I will be sharing my experience getting DES done with MVP Plastic Surgery in the next post.

As mentioned above, I had plans to consult a few clinics - MVP, Teuim and Namu, regarding eyelid surgery but due to unforeseen circumstances, I ended up only consulting at MVP before getting surgery done.

I touched down in Seoul in the morning on 17 May and had already scheduled a consultation appointment with Dr Seo at MVP at 11am that day and with Dr Kwon at Teuim in the early afternoon, along with deciding to do a walk-in consult at Namu but due to a massive traffic jam from the airport to Seoul and heavy rain, I ended up missing my appointment at MVP. I messaged MVP's consultants and they kindly told me I could still come as soon as I can and I may still be able to consult with Dr Seo. Hence, I decided to do so and was first attended to by Victoria, one of the English-speaking consultants. She told me that I may have to wait awhile due to many patients in the schedule, which I was ok with since I was late. Unfortunately, due to Dr Seo's extremely busy schedule, after waiting for about an hour, i was told that he would only be free after 5pm that day as he had back-to-back surgeries till 5. So i agreed to come back at 5. I decided to give the other 2 clinics a miss due to insufficient time to travel back and forth clinics and I already was kind of set on MVP before coming to Seoul.

Consultation time:
I came back to the clinic at 5 and was attended to for the rest of my PS journey by Elizabeth, who is really nice. I finally consulted with Dr Seo and asked him about all the procedures I had thought of doing and showed him some photos of my ideal types of creases, with Elizabeth doing the translation. Dr Seo was really polite and mild mannered, but he was very honest about what would suit me based on my natural eye shape and structure, which i appreciated. I had wanted to do undereyes as well apart from DES, but Dr Seo advised me against it, saying I didn't need it (which i am glad i did not do as both my upper and lower eyelids were pretty swollen after surgery for several days just from DES). He also did not think i needed epicanthoplasty, and just recommended full incision with some skin excision and fat removal. I was presented with two possible looks according to what i had discussed with him - a tapered but slightly slimmer crease or
- a crease like IU's with the possibility of becoming parallel lids due to my eye shape

Dr Seo and Elizabeth told me i could think about it before settling on the final type of crease I want on the surgery day. After the consultation, it was time to schedule the surgery date and payment. After checking Dr Seo's schedule, I was told that he was booked for surgery through till the next Friday, which I told Elizabeth was impossible for me because I would be flying out of Korea a few days after that. I told her I was on a tight schedule in Korea as I had planned to get surgrry the next day with a buffer time of a week for recovery and a few days after that to travel around Seoul ( i had already prebooked a tour for my mum and I after the week i set aside for recovery). Elizabeth was really sweet and told me she would try her best to fit me in as soon as possible due to my short time in Korea. Thankfully, she managed to and i was scheduled for surgery the next afternoon on the 18th.

Hi @MissOrange! Thanks for the compliments! I was actually hiding my bruises behind my prescription sunglasses for a week till my bruising got better towards the last few days in Korea. I am intending to get Lasik done in future so I don't have to wear glasses or contact lenses.

Could I check with you if light sensitivity is common after DES? After i returned to wearing glasses the past week, I've noticed that my eyes would feel sensitive to sunlight or natural light (on cloudy days) on and off when I am outdoors and i have to use my hand to shade my eyes or squint in order to make them feel comfortable to stay open. And they feel abit teary too. But once I am back indoors under artificial lighting, my eyes don't experience any of these sensations.

Not sure if this is a temporary side effect from the surgery or due to dry eyes? Do you know?

Hi I love your results! Did you end up getting ptosis? From what I read you just had Incisional DES? Was it expensive haha.

I’m going to Korea next week. But I had a crazy change of plans. Going to do lasek first then come back a few months later for DES and rhino. Will consult at mvp.

@MissOrange Thanks for the advice! Yes i do find i need to blink more after i got des done. I'll try using eyedrops, hope this helps to relieve my dry eyes. But i suppose this is just a temporary side effect from the surgery?

@Wondermuffin Hi there. I am not sure if Dr seo did any ptosis correction for me. Perhaps he only did a little or none, because when i consulted him face to face he did not mention anything about me having weak eye muscles. And prior to coming to Korea, I had also consulted a local plastic surgeon for his opinion, and was told i do not have true ptosis as my eyelids do not droop or cover much of my iris, just pseudo-ptosis which can already be corrected through des.

I actually found MVP's pricing to be quite reasonable compared to a lot of other clinics, especially for foreigners. PM me if you want to know the price.

Good luck for your DES and Lasik! And have fun in Korea! (I haven't explored and shopped enough there haha)

Wait, you had Elizabeth as your consultant? Does she usually wear her hair in a bun? I went there for a check-up last month and was told that she quit..

Yup Elizabeth was my main consultant at the clinic. Yeah she usually has her hair in a bun i think, and speaks with a British accent i think?She's still there. Maybe when you went, she was on leave?

I'm glad to hear that she's back! I visited in mid-April for my 8-month post rhino check-up. I met Victoria that time. I was thinking of doing lipo at MVP this summer mainly because they took such great care of me last summer when I did my nose. I had second thoughts when I heard Elizabeth was "gone" but now that she's back.. MVP is back in the running!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi @MissOrange, I 've tried creating a staright brow before and unfortunately it doesn't suit me (LOL it made me look kinda angry) as i have an angular face shape. Also, my natural brow arch is pretty high so i can only follow my natural shape like this but lower the top a little so it doesn't make me look too fierce.

I'm looking to get my eyebags/undereye fat sorted out next but still undecided whether to get it done with a local surgeon or go back to Korea (which i may not have time for since it'll be peak season for my work and my boss will definitely not let me go on another long leave).

• 1 month later...