BeautyHacker

primary rhino. artificial implant? sunken face?

Hello sisters!

I am planning a trip to Korea for a primary rhino possibly after the winter. I didn't start looking for information and reviews until about a month ago. Right now I have contacted just five clinics, but I received various treatment plans/suggestions. When I first contacted them, I talked about I wanted a rhino surgery and would prefer not to have too much artificial implant. I also sent them pictures of my own face and the nose of my preference. 

Namu recommended silicon implant at the beginning and I said i would prefer not to have artificial implant if possible. After a while, the consultant said my mid face is sunken and my mouth is protruded so these should be my main concerns. She said that a rhino alone would only make my nose looked nice but not the whole facial view, because of my sunken mid face. She also claimed that sunken face would make the nose looking flat from the side view. In another word, a tall nose might not seem as prominent due to a sunken mid face. Therefore, I was recommended with mid face augmentation and a rhino. 

ps101 said to have tip plasty using ear cartilage and if I would like a taller bridge, they suggested silicon implant or dermal fat.

The other clinics all suggested both bridge and tip surgery and all of them recommended artificial implant for nose bridge. I have read about various pros and cons among different types of implants (artificial and analogous) for nose bridge and it seems like there is no such ideal materiel available. Please share you thoughts if you don't mind. 

Before, I tended to think the opposite of Namu so I was very surprised when they told me about my face and how it affects the looking of my nose. I thought a nose would look more prominent on flatter cheeks/faces. Wouldn't the prominent cheeks block the view of the nose looking from the side? I wasn't aware of face's sunken at all in the past, and I only thought about my flat nose. 

I heard 101 is quite conservative, which I am fine with, as long as they are able to achieve my desire look from what I have, but I am unsure about this part, since there is no picture available to see. I am not sure if what I want is fitting their frame. 

I am looking for suggestions on other clinics too, so I would really appreciate if someone could share their thoughts. 

Pictures of myself and the nose of my preference are attached.

Thank you for you time,

Good day. 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

11.jpeg

111.jpeg

WechatIMG2.jpeg

WechatIMG3.jpeg

WechatIMG4.jpeg

WechatIMG5.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nikki said:

I have read about various pros and cons among different types of implants (artificial and analogous)

Silicone is very common material and the vast majority of asian rhinoplasty use it as an option due to lack of septal cartilage and bridge height in Asian patients. Some people don't like the idea of using foreign material and prefer to use their own bodies material or autologous cartilage. Silicone can offer a very predictable shape since the material is already molded and sturdy. There risks of infection 

You are starting from a pretty good baseline. Meaning it will be easier to get you to a good result than if your baseline profile had less harmony. I think if you were open for suggestions then Namu's observations are worth noting. But if it came from the consultant only, then it still needs to be confirmed by a doctor. 

Although it seems counter intuitive to bring the mid-face forward, when you bring all the pieces and changes together it brings the face in balance. 

@nochu had a few rhinoplasty consultations and went to 101. You can view her profile to see her write up and experience. 

Did Namu give any specific treatment recommendations about how they plan to do these changes? Like cheek implant, fat graft, etc...

• Like 1