BeautyHacker

Airbnb South Korea

Hi guys,
My plans to go to South Korea for DES is getting more and more serious. I was wondering if you have any tips for good air bnb not to far from the clinics. I looked at airbnb on the app. But there aren't many on it.

My preference is a classic Korean stay. Just to get the full Korean experience.

It takes at least 1 month for the eyelids to subside fully and look natural.
For classic Korean stay, do you mean staying in Hanok? Would you be comfortable with others looking at your swollen eyelids when you are staying in Hanok/guesthouse? Staying in Hanok/guesthouse is good because you get to interact with others and won't be bored. However, if you feel uncomfortable with the thoughts of others staring at you, then maybe its a good idea to stay alone in an airbnb.

I don't know which clinic will you go but clinics I've gone they offer me the hotel room. Usually clinics have partnership hotel so that you can book the room with good price rate. Also most ps clinics are located in Gangnam but classic Korean houses are located in near Jongro so after surgery, I might be bothering you to move far

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking about getting a room for myself. I think I wouldn't mind after one week to be with others. But the first 2 or 3 days after the surgery will be rest day for me.

I'm planning to go to Namu ( my preference) and View (not sure about this though, they charged me quite high for DES). I wanted to go to MVP as well. I heard good things about Dr Seo for DES. But after that death I don't want to anymore.

View is pretty well known so I Think they might have partnership with hotel. Of Namu I'm sure.

It will be a good idea to have a good rest for the first 3 days as you will need to put ice packs on your eyes so that the swelling can go down faster and that means you will be lying on bed most of the time. :smile:

I am also look for boarding too. I am going with my boyfriend and so I want a lot of privacy. I was looking for a traditional experience but didn't see a hotel with such, and I want privacy so no guesthouse for me.

So far I have hotel Senne at the top of my list. They are 10 minutes from my top clinic choice and the rooms look comfy. And so cheap! Anyone have experience or recomendation?

With regards to Airbnb/hotel stay, I definitely recommend staying in or around Gangnam-yeok. Not only is that the main hub for Gangnam (and all the clinics that are around there), but also has access to a lot of the other subway lines to visit other places. The nice thing about Namu is that it is literally next to Exit 9. I definitely recommend asking clinics about accommodations and deals they might have.

If you're only doing double eyelid, you should be able to be out and about after a few days, but be sure to wear sunglasses and a hat for protection. This is probably more of a Korean thing, but don't feel self-conscious about your surgery in Korea, especially in Gangnam area. You'll see a lot of people, both native and foreign, with bandages, nose guards, etc. It's just sort of the how it is there. Have fun in Korea and hopefully the weather will be for you!

You won't find traditional Korean lodging for rent in the Gangnam area, these are dotted around Insadong/Gyeongbokgung. If you are really keen on this, another option is to look at splitting your stay to 2 areas, since realistically, your visits to the clinic will only be on the first 3-4 days (inclusive of consultation, surgery), and probably another visit a few days later to get your stitches removed.

[​IMG]
If you looking to try ondol room, maybe you can consider Ibis Gangnam.. i saw that they had one on booking.com[​IMG]. I tried to upload the room pic through imgur but it failed :confused1:

• admin locked and unlocked this topic
I see it, it does looks nice. Thank you for these suggestions. Makes me remember not to jump the gun on organizing this trip

That's a good point. Around day 5 I may want to change my environment anyway, and my boyfriend can tour some hotels because he is very picky and I am sure he will find something wrong with whatever we pick beforehand lol!!!!