BeautyHacker

[mention=699216]Jenny01990[/mention] Hi!! Thanks for sharing in-depth review, it’s really help me a lot on my research. Same like you i want to do my first PS, but i’ll only do the eyes. i’m interested in wannabe as well after reading you and others review about it [emoji3526]

I want to ask something, on your 1st post, initially you said you want to do lower cantho and lateral for eyes other than primary DES and ptosis, but on your review about wannabe, you only write primary DES and ptosis, did dr. Cha suggest it was unnecessary for your eyes upon f2f consultation or did you change your mind later on? And the price also change a bit, is it depends on the difficulty of each case? And also i assume u didn’t need translator at wannabe?

I love the result, the eyelids look even on both eyes [emoji7] how about the scar from the primary DES? I’m really curious about it, because i heard if the doctor is not good, the surgery will leave ugly scar, and God forbid we all dont want that to happen [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Vee,

Regarding the canthoplasty, I wanted it simply because I keep hearing about it from others and thought might as well ask the doctor. After consulting with a few doctors, I learned that there are 2 types of doctors: Type 1: doctors who don't give opinion on what suitable for you but instead saying if they can do the procedures you asking for on you or not (they simply say yes or no to a procedure). Type 2: doctors listen to what you want and give opinion /explaination if they think it is suitable for you or not.

In my f2f consultation with Dr Cha, I mentioned about canthoplasty (all of the 3: lowering, lateral and epi). He used his tool to pull my skin and showed me how my eyes would look with cantho and explained. I have to mention that  before the surgery, my eyes appeared to be slanted and my friends decribed me as I have a resting bitch face ( I always look piss and unhappy/angry due to my eyes). Some doctors that I consulted said to do lateral and/or lowering cantho to correct it. Dr Cha is different. He said my eyes look slanted because of my dropped eyelids so if I correct my eyelids it should minimal the slanting shape already. Also he mentioned that if I try to expand my eyes using cantho, it might not look good on me since my eyes show a lot of the white part already, and the inner corner show a lot of pink already. Lesson learned: not every procedure is suitable for you, it is the harmony of your face features that will enhance your look.

I dont think the price changed so much though. From the online quote primary des and ptosis is 2.7mil, and nose is 2.65mil (without the short nose correction procedure which is 1.1mil), so almost 6mil. And I paid 6mil after the discount. Note that price will always change compare to online consult however Wannabe price is already consistant. If you look at my spreadsheet I made from all my online consultation, you will see there are clinics offer 20-50% off without f2f consult. Technically, they just bump up the price and then said they have a generous discount for you just to hook you in. I personally dont like those clinics. 

And yes it is depends on each case. Example: if i dont have the hump then I would' ve save 1.1mil from it or if my nose is deviated then god know how much is extra ( at Wannabe they do 3D CT scan to see if your nose is deviated or not). Basically, each person, each case is different. If you need more procedures of course you will have to pay more, and they can only tell if you need more procedures or not during f2f consult.

Regarding scaring, personally I think Dr Cha is good. As you can see below in my pictures, my nose scar is very minimal. My eyelids, one side is more obvious because it is more dropped and doctor spent more time on making sure it is even to other side. But this result is only 5 months and I heard from people that it could take up to 1 -1.5 years for eyelids scars to fade away so Im not complain at all.

Scaring.jpg

Online Quotes.PNG

Edited by Jenny01990
  • Like 2

[mention=699216]jenny01990[/mention]

yes, i try to sort out the money-driven clinics/doctors that only gonna say yes to every PS procedure i ask without actually give me feedback on whether or not it suit my face.

Thanks for the update on scar pic, and yeah i don’t expect the scar will disappear super fast, but seeing yours in neat fine line is definitely a plus point for dr.cha, because i’ve seen pic in other forum about other doctor/clinic with almost zig-zag scar pattern :(

It’s a bummer you didn’t manage to booked an appointment with mate PS, that one already on my shortlist but i’m still lack of reviews.

another question, did wannabe/dr. Cha give warranty? Did they talk to you about how long the double eyelid going to last? Or Did they give you info about things that can make the double eyelid disappear/getting smaller overtime? For example if the person gaining weight will it make the double eyelid disappear because maybe some of the fat travel to they eyelid area (it only from my imagination hahaha, but what if i’ll gain weight from future pregnancy, will my suppose-to-be permanent double eyelid disappear....)

I know the incision procedure gonna last longer than the non-incision one but i really want to make my future double eyelid permanent forever :D

Ohh wow thanks for the sheets comparison, gonna save it!! I see MVP on your list, i’m a bit curious about dr.seo from MVP (but i believe he’s no longer in MVP) i got mix review about him, some are good but the problem is initially the results are good, but after some time (1year/less) the double eyelid getting smaller/become hooded :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Vee,

I didnt discuss with Wannabe about warranty. None of the clinics will bring that up unless you start talking about it first I guess. But I did ask during an online consultation and said I want permanent result for my eyelids too and they said it will be permanent for incision, it is only when you grow old then your skin will be saggy and then you will need Blepharoplasty (a type of surgery that repairs droopy eyelids and may involve removing excess skin, muscle and fat). 

Regarding gain weight during pregnancy, what you gain should be the baby weight, try not to put extra fat on your body if needed. I'm 30 now and thinking about having baby, there can be so many complications so I will aim to get enough nutrition without gain unneccessary weight. I dont like the idea that doctor need to cut me up coz baby is too big. This is just theory Im thinking right now though, lol.

I think no matter with what surgery, you gotta take care of the result. A few years before this eyelids surgery, I used to rub my eyes a lot and one time it caused my eyelid on one side drooped permanently, I learned my lesson now and never rub my eyes or nose anymore. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...