BeautyHacker

V line neck swelling Dr. Oh Regen

She didn’t write any review but she got revision in USA

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I’ve seen those scary videos! These Korean surgeons are pushing two jaw surgery way too Much it is so scary

I’ll have to get my revision

still no reply from dr oh

Just to update everyone on my condition
I just heard from my Pulmunologist about my sleep study I did over the weekend. He showed me the report and it was so scary! I have very severe obstructive sleep apnea. I was not breathing constantly throughout the night, it was one apneic episode after another. At times I had desaturations to 77%!!!!
He said this was definitely caused by Dr Oh moving my jaws too backward and this is a dangerous condition.
It can lead to high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation, heart disease, stroke, heart attack, heart failure , motor vehicle collisions!!!!!
He showed how my chest was pumping hard to get me to breathe but my airway didn't want to open!
Dr. OH caused all of this by moving my jaw too far backward. Not only is it physically ugly and deformed with a concave mouth but my airway is severely narrow, causing severe obstructive sleep apnea and choking episodes and leading me who is a 30 something healthy person who doesn't drink or smoke and is normal /underweight now to significant health problems
Dr. Oh and Suyen have ignored me for over 4 weeks now.
They will not give me any operative or consent forms,
Now I have to get a CPAP machine to sleep at night and prevent these long term conditions. I also need my revision surgery to move my jaws forward and give my airway room.

EVERYONE I AM WARNING YOU!! STAY AWAY FROM DR, OH FROM REGEN. He is not an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, He illegally did v line on me and moved my jaws far too backward causing severe medical conditions.

Thank you for your post Enlighten. I'm sorry that this happened to you and that you're having breathing problems as a result. My heart goes out to you, and I wish you all the best on finding a more permanent solution. At any point during your interaction with him or with the clinic, did you have any negative gut feelings or were there any red flags in hindsight?

Yes there were many red flags
The biggest one was when I got the liposuction 5 days before with dr. Lee from Regen. It was local anesthesia or Mac anesthesia but it was not general anesthesia like no breathing tube. When I woke up Suyen was there and said that I had trouble breathing and they had to save me and intubated me and then knocked out my front left veneer and I looked at myself and my tooth was gone. They said it’s not their fault and they wouldn’t give me money for it. I asked to speak to the anesthesiologist to see what happened to me because I am very healthy and why would I have trouble breathing? She said I couldn’t ask them and I could ask Dr lee so I asked him the next day and she translated and he looked clueless and didn’t have an answer I was like wasn’t he there. Then she said I could ask Dr. Oh and he said no you misunderstood it is normal to have a tube in your throat and you didn’t have any breathing issue and that is normal that they can knock out your teeth. He said Suyen was wrong and doesn’t have good English. I said no it’s here in the text message she said I had trouble breathing and they had to save me. He was like no it is normal.
Then Suyen said see it is my fault I didn’t understand
I had to get a temporary veneer placed and pay 100 dollars and then after the jaw surgery I woke up and they knocked out my tooth again! I feel after I got the tooth knocked out the first time and they couldn’t explain what happened I really should’ve canceled the whole surgery
I think I already paid in full at that point

I really need my revision surgery to move my jaws forward and open my airway and reverse the sleep apnea And choking
I really hate him for causing me these medical issues
I don’t want to get a heart attack, stroke or sleepiness and affect my work
He is really cruel and so is Suyen
They ignore you when they don’t want to help you anymore
So I hope no one goes there !
Not only am I scary on the outside now I have major medical conditions
This is costing over one hundred thousand dollars to fix
Not including the veneers replaced,pain and suffering !
I have depression and have therapist and psychiatrist and am on an antidepressant now

he owes me some decency to say he’s sorry and my full refund and more

What the... That's terrible..... I get that surgeons are human just like everyone else, and that because they're overworked and see a million patients, something's bound to happen.... but I also can't deny that that seems like so many things gone wrong/ that sound sketchy....

I guess that apology = admitting guilt = potential consequences for the clinic. Which is very sad and, I imagine, can be very hard on patients.

But yeah, just a simple heartfelt apology would mean so much. And compensation for anything they did that you did not consent to (e.g., the jaw shaving in your case) or was done recklessly or whatever. Again, my heart goes out to you. I'm glad you have some professional supports helping you through this.

If you also remember any red flags you had noticed prior to starting any procedures (e.g., during consult), let us know, too. Unless it was only after surgery that you started seeing red flags.

Well also my partner had a thread lift and forehead lift a day before my jaw surgery and Suyen said she would call me after and.i was across the street getting lunch and she never called me and he ended up calling me and said he couldn’t see because he didn’t have his contacts and they threw him out in the waiting room with no help and bandages and black eyes and no one came to check on him and was wondering where I was and he finally found his suitcase for his phone. I rushed back and asked Suyen why she didn’t call me and she said she got busy. That is so rude that she didn’t let me know and then he was alone with bandages in the waiting room and unable to see. I helped him get his glasses and water and they just had these small little cups of water and then he I was getting him his medicines downstairs and he took some and threw up and no one cared. I should’ve canceled since it was such poor aftercare
They really only want your money and then don’t care about you

yeah the only time I talked to him after was when I threatened to post my real self review in February and so she gave the phone to dr oh and I said I don’t look normal and he messed up and he said I am swollen and I said give me a refund he said no you’ll see in a year how good you will look and what will you send me? I said why would I send you anything he said you need to send me double what you paid! I said are you joking I need my refund!! Then he said he didn’t want to talk to me anymore and this is why he doesn’t talk to patients and handed the phone to Suyen Then she said so you’ll have to wait bye

otherwise I did do consultations with doc finder and they didn’t think I needed two jaw surgery and only dr oh did and he pushed it on me and made me feel self conscious

If he were decent he would already have settled this with me and provided my refund and then some

these are serious medical issues that only a careless surgeon would inflict on someone

it’s way too backwards my whole jaw and not normal

I can reverse my jaw to forward but I can’t get my jawline back which I never consented to

thanks for the well wishes
He makes me so angry!

I can't even imagine what you are going through, I'm really sorry you and your partner are suffering.
From what you explained in the red flags, it sounds like they were negligent for not inserting the breathing tube from the start, this could have been fatal and sadly isn't uncommon.

Please, don't blame yourself for not canceling the surgery when you saw the red flags, the only ones to blame are these monsters who prey on people for their money. Thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure it will help others avoid this clinic.

Hi thanks for your support
The red flag was that for liposuction it is monitored anesthesia but not general anesthesia so there is no breathing tube, but they said I couldn’t breathe for some reason and had to put a breathing tube in and when I asked in detail what happened no one could explain it and dr oh lied about it and said it was always with a breathing tube and they just knocked out my tooth. But he was lying and covering it up. I doubly they have real anesthesiologists there I never met them and they didn’t review my history like they do in America
It was really ancient equipment in there and not clean

yes the most scary thing now is he not only deformed me
From the outside but also inside and I have severe obstructive sleep apnea, barrow airway and choking episodes. Limited jaw opening as well and food stuck in my mouth all the time.

I hope that people don’t get fooled into thinking they need the jaw surgery it’s an up sell and they make this surgery seem like it’s nothing but it’s so invasive and the recovery is awful! Also there is no follow up with dr oh and now I need a revision which is very expensive and full braces and wisdom teeth removal

further he’s not an oral and maxillofacial surgeon , and the technique no tie is very dangerous and not done in America

I hope I can prevent people from going there

I had liposuction done in Ecuador and two-jaw surgery in Seoul, and for both procedures I had several health checkups just to make sure I could withstand the anesthesia properly since even for MAC (monitored anesthesia) the drugs used can cause apnea or cardiac arrest during surgery. In both surgeries the anesthesiologists were present all the time.

It is possible you were the victim of a ghost surgeon and that the anesthesiologist was paying attention to several patients at once, otherwise they would have noticed on time there was something wrong with your breathing by paying attention to the monitor and prepared to intubate without haste. This is just a guess, but there is a limit to the mistakes that can be made during a certain surgery, and most probably they didn't even make medical records.

Personally, I encourage you to focus on your treatment for your physical and mental wellbeing, forget about Regen until you have recovered enough and ask the medical professionals you are currently working with to document all the health problems caused by the surgeries so you can decide in the future how to tackle the legal aspects if you feel like suing them at that moment.

I think it could’ve been a ghost surgeon I asked Suyen and she said they don’t use ghost surgeons
I did have a chest X-ray and ekg and met an internal medicine doctor for an exam in Korea before the surgery
I never met the anesthesiologist so it could be possible they weren’t present the whole time or it wasn’t an anesthesiologist at all and just a nurse

Thanks for the advice, yes I am going to focus on my recovery and planning my revision and treating my depression.

Suyen finally replied to me after 1 month of me asking for my reports and I told her I have severe obstructive sleep apnea and all she said was
She copied me writing I have severe sleep apnea now and answered
I will ask doctor on friday

I said what are you talking about it’s not a question it’s a fact and I need my refund and my reports now
Then she read it and ignored me again!

Hi I got my CPAP machine today and have to wear a mask over my nose and a chin strap. This is crazy that Dr. Oh caused me to have severe obstructive sleep apnea and I have to wear a breathing machine at night
I read my report again and I had 496 apneic episodes! That is so scary
That means 496 times I was not breathing for more than 10 seconds
My new surgeon says we can reverse it so I hope I can get cured

again stay away from dr oh

Glad to hear it can be reversed! Hang in there, the machine will be temporal :smile: