BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Dr. Park seemed to think it was some sort of virus... along the lines of poliomyelitis. Pretty much my left side was weakened and the right side hypertrophy to compensate. It is virtually unnoticeable everywhere else but my calves. Doctors could only tell when I was told to push as hard as I could, my right side was always more dominant.

I think Dr. Park and Dr. Jong have both worked with people with asymmetry.

Dr. Jong did remove some sol muscle and aspiration was not needed because while I stayed over in the recovery room he had a drain in my calf which he removed when I was discharged. On my first checkup he did ultrasound to see if I needed to be drained again. I didnt even feel the drain.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am going to have my surgery at REAL tomorrow. He suggested me to do incision+epi+lateral epi ( open the outer corner of the eye). I am still not sure whether I will do lateral...because many told me that it does not make your eye big that much and your eyes may become even smaller. I am wondering have you done lateral epi or do you know anyone who has done it? How do you like your eyes with Dr. Kim so far? Is he very famous for local korean?

Hi B_nthie

Thanks for your prompt response.

Do you have an email that I can communicate with you?

Are you able to see the Shape of your Calves now? Did it become smaller and also did you get the shape you want? Did you operate on both calves or just the right calf?

Do you mean that Dr Park did not use any Ultrasound before the surgery?

Cheers.

Hi

I am now 11 months post op, I had calf reduction last year, and wanted to say something about my progress as I notice people don't really post this far on into their recovery.

I didn't factor in the risk of scar tissue when I had this surgery and how that may impact your recovery.

I've had alot of problems with 1 of my legs, it hasn't bounced back like I expected it to, I haven't full flexion in my foot and it is still extremly tight still and I am still stretching daily still! This isn't because I didn't stretch in the first few months as I was really vigilant and good about my stretching.

I am having a scan on it in a few weeks to see if they can detect what is wrong, but their initial thoughts is there is stubborn scar tissue which has attached to the muscle and nerves which is causing constant discomfort for me.

I am much happier with my legs than I was before but I have been warned I may have this problem with the 1 leg for the rest of my life, there may not be anything they can do I have had to prepare myself for having an uncomfortable leg for the rest of my days! Which is a bit of a nightmare result for me.

The other leg has recovered well and I am getting muscle definition back in that leg now which is amazing really, the muscle looks different to before but it has taken a natural shape again.

I wanted to let you guys know my recovery as this surgery doesn't come without risk. It is a major surgery and should be treated with serious consideration. You never know how your body is going to respond to invasive surgery, you may be fine or may have to pay out on treatments and appointments if you have complications.

I hope this is of help guys x

I had calf reduction a year ago and I would say my muscle has popped out in a strange place in one of my legs aswell. It hasn't grown back but it is there again just in a different place!

Thank you very much pcc1 for sharing your experience! I hope you can fix it so you can get rid of the tightness ASAP.
I just have some questions:
First, would you let us know with whom you did this surgery? And what did he say when you let him know about your tightness or the other problems in your leg?
Secondly, I am wondering if this scar tissue can be due to a bad or insufficient aspiration?
An important question: When did you first feel that something is going wrong with this leg in compared with the other leg?
Finally, if we assume that even after their para-clinic investigation, they confirm that the problem is caused by the scar tissue, is it correctable ( I wish again that they can correct it )?
would you let us know how your treatment goes on once you see something progressive?
Thanks

Hi,

Not been on here for some time ...for anyone who thinks that their calves are quite low in the leg you may find this of help. I have been looking into this surgery for at least 2 years ...Dr Jong says the partial resection will improve the upper two thirds of leg and liposuction the lower third if needed. I am hoping to visit him this year and have a couple of contacts with people from this forum who have visited him and been pleased with the outcome of the surgery.

Hi Christy2

Im contemplating to go to Dr Jong sometime this year too. Originally I was geared more towards Dr Park. May I check with you When are you intending to go to Dr Jong to do the surgery and what makes you go to Dr Jong instead of Dr Park?

Which country would you be heading from?

I can also be reached at sweetielove3399 atyahoo dotcom.

Cheers. :smile:

Hi b_nthie

I have sent an email to you, did you get it?

Im looking forward to do this surgery soon n im now deciding between Dr Jong or Dr Park.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Cheers. :smile:

Hi

I did email Dr park as well as Dr Jong though Dr park indicated that he thought the problem was lower in the leg ... he didn't really say anymore than that as I remember. I have shared many emails directly with Dr Jong who has been very helpful and informative so far. It is a massive decision to make going through an op though the conversations I have shared with others have been really reassuring. Apart from wanting to go this year I have not decided when as yet. I will be travelling from the UK so a fair distance to travel too. I am sure that I would have done the op already had Dr Jong been based here! Have you been thinking about this for a while... where are you from...and which Dr do you think can help you? How long have you been on the forum, can you send private messages?