BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi babyangel11,
I think I'm going to Parks! Now I just need to decide when to go...wish I could have gone yesterday...LOL!!! You mentioned March, May or June for you...I'm thinking late March or early April for me or I'll have to wait till October; i don't want to be wearing the stocking during the summer.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Madison

Im thinking of going around 10th March n return around 23rd March tentatively.

I probably need to be back before end March. Its unlikely i can go in Apr. If i dont go in March, then it would likely to be May or June. But im trying now to head in March if possible.

Park recommends Young Dong Hotel n if im not wrong, I think he ties up with them i.e. when we go n see him for consultation, surgery n follow-up checks, etc Young Dong has a driver to send us to and fro to visit Park so that it's easier.

Also he can does the booking for you with Young Dong.

I have sent him an email to ask if the rates he quoted for Young Dong are nett n inclusive of service charges, taxes, etc. Or is it exclusive in case there are better rates on internet.

If we can go together during or about the same time, we can share and split the room rates. :smile:

I can also be reached at sweetielove3399 at yahoo dotcom.

Cheers

I'm waiting for photos from sexy legs before I make my final decision; really looking forward to see them cause there isn't that many on parks website, plus they are probably old. Keep me posted, glad to know I'm not the only one with huge calf and there's something we can do about it.

Hi Madison

Sexy Legs has sent me her before n after photos. Great difference! :smile:

When are you planning to go to Park?

Cheers

Hi babyangel11,
I haven't receive the before and after photos from sexy legs...
I want to go ASAP but I still have couple things need to be taking care of before I can make travel arrangement. How about you?

Hi Madison

I have already booked my ticket n im travelling on the 10th March n doing the surgery 11th March.

Cheers.

Hi babyangel11,
Thank you for your email.... I've decided to go with Dr Park, I'm looking at August to have my surgery. I wish I could have it done earlier but I guess later is better than never. Are you excited about having surgery? Will you be traveling alone? I pray everything will go the way you want them to..... Good luck!

Calf reduction involving any adjustment of the muscles is a dangerous and experimental procedure. Some patients are no longer able to bend over, and in some cases, they can't even walk after calf reduction.

The dangerous type is commonly referred to by "partial gastrocnemius muscle resection" -- some patients report being unable to stand up for more than 30 minutes, even years after the surgery!

If you go for calf reduction, ALWAYS go for a doctor who does liposuction or botox, NOT incisional/surgical calf reduction. Surgery involving cutting the calf muscles to make them smaller is illegal in several countries for a reason.

Stretching the legs also promotes blood flow, which increases muscle metabolism, causing fats to be burned. After two months of good yoga or basic stretches, you get slimmer legs... a few thousand dollars less than surgery, if you ask me.

Hi Lautan

May i check where did you hear that Partial gastrocnemius muscle resection is dangerous and do you know of any patients who is unable to stand up for more than 30mins after such surgery? Did you read it in some articles or ?? If so, could you provide for reference? That would be really useful.

And in which countries is it considered illegal?

it would be good if you could share the details of the info you have just provided.

Did you manage to read the entire threads of those people who went for this surgery?

Im planning to head for partial muscle resection surgery next week so any vital information that are Real n not hearsay would be really good :smile:

i have personally tried Calf Lipo which barely produced any results and left my calves lumpy n one depression on 1 calf. So while you encourage Calf Lipo i do not recommend it having experienced it myself.

i have also tried botox but could barely see any results.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

It seems like this thread is becoming more active again. Good luck for those who are planning to do their surgeries soon, and really make sure you really want to do this. This is an extremely serious surgery and your physical state probably would not return to 100% as pre-op, which does NOT mean you can't walk nor run normally.

7 months post op now~

My calves do not feel tight in the mornings, but I still need to stretch everyday. Linney advised me to get a foam roller. which is AMAZING..
MAJOR RECOMMENDATION for those who plan to do the surgery, because you will be able to stretch whenever you stand on it. It is a lot more convenient and made my life a lot easier. I usually stand on it whenever I brush my teeth, wash my face, cook, watch tv, etc..
Dr. Park did say I can stop stretching for around a year.. I hope my calves won't feel stiff when I officially stopped stretching.

Good news! I am able to snowboard without a problem. I do need to stretch from time to time after a couple of runs. But I don't feel any problems with my calves. It was pretty difficult for me the first time I went (around 5 months post op), because I needed to keep stretching every run I made. But my calves grew right after I finish snowboarding, (but this also occurs for pre-op) I have not snowboard for 3 weeks now, and it went back to 32-33cm (32cm is my most desirable size).

I use Mederma scar gel everyday, and it's pretty effective. To be honest, I was really slacking off when it comes applying scar gel. But I'm getting worried about scar not disappearing and decided to get the scar gel and I see great improvement.

Some areas on my right foot still feels numb unfortunately. I tried to massage it from time to time. Dr. Park said this is a minor issue and will disappear throughout the time. I really hope he is right.

My right calf is still not completely filled in. I see a little lump on my right calf. Hopefully that is filled in. That is the calf which took out more muscle.

When I stand for more than 1 hour, I feel some minor pain on my heels.
Another thing I realized is, my walking stance changed a bit. But that is fixable and I just keep reminding myself to walk in proper stance.

I will keep you guys updated. I hope I won't scare you guys. And for those who are 100% considering getting this done, ask yourself if you can handle these situations..As for me, I really hope all these problems will disappear soon especially the calf tightness. I have been really patient, but I still do not regret doing this surgery because I am feeling a lot happier with all the dresses and skirts I've bought to prepare for this summer.

Cheers,

Hi ffxlulu

Nice to hear from you again n hope you are keeping well! ;)

May i check with you what is a FOAM ROLLER? Are you able to email a Picture to me at sweetielove3399 at yahoo dot com? Did you use this immediately after you have gone back to your country or ?

You mentioned that you still have a little Lump on your Right Calf. Do you mean there is a Depression, a Dent-like thing that is waiting for Muscle to grow and fill in or ?? Sorry as i dont quite understand. Are you able to email me a Photo too if its convenient for you?

Also what do you mean when you said your Walking Stance changed? Do you mean you cant walk straight or you cant walk well or ??? Did you ask Park why does this happen? Is it bcos there are more muscles being removed from the Right calf n hence caused this?

And the Numbness on your Right Foot? does it happen sometimes or is it All the time?

The scars at the back of the Knees - they still have not disappeared yet? Are they still quite obvious or have faded lots?

Apologies for the many queries but im supposed to head to Korea next week n hence im worried.

Many thanks for your kind assistance! :smile: