BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

hi creative flowers
I've decided to go this summer to dr.jong,can you share more info with me if you don't mine
[email protected] thank you so much

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ffxlulu, do you remember how many days post opt before you could walk comfortably with heels on? This is my 2nd day post opt and it's very uncomfortable and painful to walk. I know I need to be patient and it's still very early on, but I hope I can walk normally in one week or at least walk with heels and no pain.

Beauty3333 I will send you and mail shortly!

hey creative flower,

what type of heels are you talking about? wedges?
I have not put on heels until a while later, i found that heels just delay the process of healing.

I can walk normal with wedges in around 2 weeks..

But because I was relying on wedges alot, it delayed my healing process. As a result, I can walk normally around a month after.

If you want a more accurate information in terms of the number of days, i would suggest you to look at my previous posts. I have created a daily entry for around 2 weeks post op.

I have been stretching every 30 minutes everyday for 2 weeks. Then I reduced it to 10 stretches a day until i am around 6 months post op. Now (7 months post op), i have been stretching for around 4-5 times.

Thanks ffxlulu! I'll check out your older posts. Unfortunately I'm only staing in Taiwan for 8 days. Do you think if I used crutches while wearing wedges it would help me move around at work? I have a desk job and won't need to walk around a lot. I'll probably be pushed around Ina wheelchair at the airport.

np! i dont think you need crutches, but i will suggest you to start wearing flat shoes to speed up your recovery. Yes, wheelchair services makes a lot more difference! I definitely recommended that !

Hi ffxlulu
I walked a lot for about 4 hours whilst I was in Korea during a day tour did a bit of walking at the airport on the way back..I had to do some house cleaning yesterday for about 4 hours standing on my legs and was doing stretches as well..went for half hour walk after that..this morning to my surprise, my right leg,my lower calf muscle was swollen which made my right leg look awkward with a hump in the lower area with the muscle contracting..

As I read your post I noticed I am going through the same thing you went through..
Any word of advice?
How was it for you after you bandaged it tighter as Dr Park had advised you

I would say to anyone who's done the surgery focus on the stretches before rushing into walking for the first couple of weeks.your walking will come gradually and you can then focus on that..but do the stretches it's important not only for the recovery but to maintain the shape of your legs

ffxlulu looking forward to your reply..I'm just hopping it's early days and this is just a one off and I can look after my legs from now on..

Hi creativeflower,
Wishing you a fast recovery. Can you share your experience with dr jong? It seems to me that most of people gone to dr park; it would be nice to have some information from the people that went to dr Jong. I'm planning to visit my parents in Taiwan this summer; I thought it would be easier to have surgery there vs taking a separate trip to Korea. Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

I swear I always had very muscular calves and I was convinced it is genetics and that there is nothing to do about it but I have found the solution: lose weight, stop building muscles(=no cycling only sports that do not involve legs too much, e.g. dancing is great and most important: stretching it is unbelievable but it has done wonders to my calves. I now have very skinny calves due to stretching twice a day for about 15 min. I recommend trying this it worked for me!

Hi Kristina

Do you have any before n after pictures to share?

thanks!

Sorry I did not take any photos, but I measured my calves so I am absolutely assured it did wonders to them. I always was convinced I wanted to do surgery and I searched on the Internet for advice, so that is why I was sharing it because I did not know myself what to do. Nonetheless my calves haver never been very very muscular(they did not fit my upper leg and my upper body, but this certainly depends on your view) but I did not like my legs because I always admired girls having super skinny model legs and now I would say I have them too :smile: I always thought I am very skinny and that my legs did not fit my upper body but now I am content. I even assumed it was a disorder lol

Hi Babz

may i check what were your original & current measurements and how long are you post op now?

Do you also know how much muscles were removed from your calves?

Cheers.

Hi Babyangel,
How are you recovering from your surgery?