BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

What kinds of stretches did you do? I would like to try something less drastic and see if I can get a good result before I consider calf reduction ....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone who has gone to Dr Park for calf reduction surgery share with me how much it cost you? And if possible send some before and after pictures to me at [email protected]

I love to do yoga and I wonder if the surgery will affect the ability to do yoga.

My lower body is proportionately shorter and my calves genetically bigger (lots of muscles I can see), so it looks so big on me. Sigh!

Wished to do the surgery but Dr Park quoted 7.7K USD. It's too expensive for me and this wonder if anyone could share with me how much you guys did it so I could negotiate with him?

I don't think that's a good idea, you should stay at least a week because you won't be able to walk properly and will still need to wait a few days for check up and aspiration

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I have been off from the forum for a while and came back again and saw that it is getting more active these days!
I am going to do the surgery with Dr.Park in May ( I was planning to have it done earlier as I mentioned in my previous posts but I couldn't because of some reasons) and wondering if there's any of you guys who wants to do it with him at the same time! You can email me at [email protected].

Hi there!

Happy that you came back to the forum as you were not posting for a while.
As I remember, you used to complain about the knee pain and I'm wondering if it is gone thoroughly. Also wanna confirm that the post op posture that you complained about is just a habit that you got due to the post op discomfort and now, you can fix it ( walk pretty straight as you mentioned) with no trouble once you notice that you are unconsciously in a bad posture.
My final question is about your heel pain after walking for a long time and the numbness:cool: In your previous posts, you mentioned that you feel numbness on your feet and in a recent one, you said that you still feel numb on your right foot. So does it mean that your left leg is already recovered in the sense of numbness? Also, do you feel that the numb area of the right leg is getting smaller with time? If so, we can be hopeful that the remaining numb area is gonna fade gradually. How about your heel pain? Can you walk longer than before with no heel pain?
Sorry for my long detailed questions:smile:

Hi did you use any Scar gel to try? There is also this reuseable scar sheet which you can place on them ie from Cica I think. But im not sure if these scar gel or sheet would work?

Babz: sorry for the late reply. I think the only advice is to really stretch often and don't be lazy! I hope your recovery is doing good!

JooJoo2704:
I'm now around 9 months post op now..

FYI, my knee pain has been with me even before operation. All i can do is keep in-taking glucosamine because I am very active and need to use knee joints a lot. My posture is normal now..

I do have heel pain when I stand in the subway for an hour. I still experience numbness on my right feet. I started massaging my calves with a strong heldheld massager, and I do see better improvements. (numb area is getting smaller) My left feet do not feel numb at all.
I walk non stop for 30 min (max) everyday, and I don't experience heel pain.

I still need to stretch for around 3 times a day. I really hope the stiffness will be gone soon because I still havent wear heels yet. (stopped for many months now)

My scars are still very visible, it is sad to know that they will be with me during summer, although I do put anti-scar gel on everyday.
I still do compress my calves because I'm scared they will grow bigger. But they usually don't grow when I stopped compressing them for a couple of days.
My calves are around 32cm-33cm now. I think they will be 33cm. Even though it seems like they only reduced by 3cm, but the shape is not bulky at all.

I workout 30min 5x per week. I usually do fitness & aerobics. I do not have any problems working out. I used to go snowboarding like 2 times a month during snowboarding season.

My other concern is my right calf is not completely filled up. I really hope it will soon.

Thanks for your reply....:smile1

Hi girls,
I've been lurking on this forum for a while! I'm thinking of getting the procedure done with either Dr. Park or Dr. Jong this summer. If anyone else is thinking of going in that time frame, please feel free to message me! :smile:

hi eury.dice
I'm planning to go this summer too,email me please [email protected]