BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to run everyday and then do 40 mins on the stairmaster... my calves got bigger and in my opinion, too muscly - it especially shows when i wear heels as the muscle is defined... (why cant my abs tone up so quickly???) I dont go on the stepper now.. but I had no fat before so maybe thats why they got muscly.

I have big calve muscles too =/ but that's cause I played soccer as a kid and they've stuck w/ me. Currently I'm justdoing lots of stretching and rasies.

It really bothers me whenever I wear my jeans cause I have to size up so that my calves can fit =/ I can't wear any dresses or shorts either. I guess I'm too self-concious. I'm looking into lipo if I can't tone up within the next year so.

I have bigger calves too because when I was younger I used to spend almost every day skating. I keep telling myself to start doing raises so that atleast they'll be toned.

Pilates is the best for this IMO. I saw the results on my bestfriend. She had the most humongous calves you can imagine and no ankles(!):amazed: After a year or so of pilates, her legs are very nicely shaped. It's funny because we practically grew up together and i'm still trying to get used to seeing her "new" legs.:biggrin:

I agree, Pilates is amazing!:biggrin:

I LOVE when my calves get muscle, dlasidjas. It's hot. I also love that bulging thigh muscle you get from spinning.:P

but, IMO slim and muscle-toned is the sexiest thing ever!

I saw, embrace your calves! :smile:

• 1 month later...
I find that running makes my calves bulkier. I totally agree with Swanky Mama of Three: PILATES! I did a Pilates tape 5 days ago and the next morning my thighs, calves, and abs were so sore! Also, if you have access to an elliptical machine, put the intensity and slope a bit higher than you're used to and voila, instant skinny calves!

• 2 months later...
I really don't like my calves. They're really big and not that flatter. My bestfriend is really blunt and he always comments about how big my calves are and it really makes me sad. :crybaby: Is there anyway to make them smaller? I read that the only way to make them smaller is to stop using them because they're composed of muscle and if they're not used they will just turn back into fat which you can work off?! There is no way I can't use my legs haha running around my university campus is pratically all I do. Does any one know a way to make them trimmer?

If your weight is normal, but your calves seem larger in proportion, a lot of it is genetic, IMO. I have the same problem. I think I look best when I'm exercising my entire body--bike, weights, stretching, walking, etc. A student's life doesn't leave a lot of extra time, but that's what works for me, along with eating right. Your calves will be firm, toned and look their best. Good luck!

I've heard about calves "bulking up" from too much exercising. I think it's different from person to person. Some people naturally have bigger calves. A friend of mine never does any sort of calf-building exercises yet according to her, her calves are so muscular that she never wears anything but pants (hence "according to her" - I have never seen her legs). As for me, my legs look best when I'm doing my 12km jog 4 times a week.

calve raises, pilates, stretches on the calves, swimming

Excercise to do: Stand on tiptoes and strain till it hurts a little. Then lower yourself. Repeat untill you can't.

Get a pair of good platforms.

GOOD LUCK.. tell me what worked, I am too lazy to do them, but if it works, I will definitely do it more than once a year.