BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I hate big calves too, I'm trying to do alot of stretches to lengthen them and to encourage my body to grow. I figure they won't look as bad if I'm taller. Plus, mine are a result of swimming and dancing every since I was a kid. Oh well, at least we're healthy!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always thought my legs were "thick" but i've gotten so many compliments on the "muscularity" of them..so i'm feelin them...but i've always thought they were thick...(my hopeless mentaility) but it doesn't totally bother me. you could always do sliming exercises...like pilates...;)

Same here. I've always had more athletic legs. I gained lots of muscle in my legs when younger by doing gymnastics and dance. I love wearing wedges or heels to give a more lengthening appearance.

I always hated my calves and was sooo self-conscious about them. About 2 years ago I travelled to Seoul, Korea and had calf muscle resection (they basically remove part of the calf muscle.) It worked wonders and it is the best decision I ever made. I'm no longer self-conscious and I can still exercise normally and everything. If you have any ques. about it, PM me. I would love to help.

Yes, it's funny that. I wish I had long, skinny calves but my boyfriend loves my 'shapely' legs - says they are perfect in stockings! :graucho:

I have always been amazed when I've received compliments about my legs. I once had a note left on my windscreen from a guy saying he'd admired my legs. All I could think was, he must have left it on the wrong car!

I think we women always envy skinnyness (is that a word?) and can't believe that some men prefer more meat on the bones (even though they say it all the time!).

This is my problem- I have such muscular calves for some reason- I never played sports, or gymnastics or anything- I just got them! I don't think you can really do much about it because it's all muscle. My problem is I can never find boots that fit in the winter- they won't zip over my calves! So annoying!

I'm the EXACT height and weight as you... it's so annoying because big calves on short people=very hard to manage as you look short and stubby.

My calves are pseudo-muscular-- i avoid doing any calf specific weight training exercise as i'm afraid they'll make them bigger. any truth to this? my legs are paler than a sheet of paper bc i avoid wearing shorts and skirts..

This might be too weird for you but do you have before and after pics you can post? I'm just curious to see the difference.

I have big muscular calves too.

It's true. Toned, muscular calves are hot, especially when you wear heels and they flex!

my calves have been always quite curvy and big. when i was in middleschool i was so shocked about them that i refused to wear short clothes. what a ridiculous behavior! now i have accepted them, but sometimes i still catch myself eyeing girls with their stickthin nonexisting calves, since these make you look 5 inches taller.

Here are pictures. This is the ONLY picture I have of my legs before, as I never wore shorts or skirts! Then some "after" pictures taken at 5 months post-op. I am now 2 years post and do need to take some new pics. The swelling keeps going down for up to 1 year following surgery. Before surgery, my left calf was 13.5" and my right was 13". Now they both measure around 12". I am only 5 feet tall, so my big calves made my legs look even shorter!!

Of course the reduction couldn't fix my bowed legs. But I think they look much better and more importantly, I feel so much more confident! Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My legs basically look like your before pic. Mine might even be a little bit bigger. I'm about 5'2" too.

It might be my computer but for some reason the after pic isn't showing up.

Hmm...I don't know what is wrong. Okay, here they are again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]