BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

@Julia A Wow your legs looks so good even with a swollen ankle! What a drastic difference in a really good way. Omgosh this is really giving me a push to really get it done. Imagine how much smaller it will get once it’s completely healed. Congratulation Julia your case is a success!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bambu you are too kind. I cant resist scratching the skin every time i take off the bandages. I know its bad :sad:
Every time i walk pass any reflective surface /mirror, i cant help but look at my legs. They really did help make me feel more confident. Before the surgery, i only wear slippers out ( it is socially acceptable and common to wear slippers in Singapore, because its so hot here all year round). I never dared wear shoes like sneakers or espadrilles because they kind of "cut off" my legs. My legs are already very short to begin with, the stubbiness just makes it look even shorter. But now, i am considering trying out new shoes and clothing options. It great

Today is exactly 2 months post op. I still tire easily from walking up the stairs or walking for too long. My feet also turn numb and uncomfortable every time i put on my bandages. The numbness goes away after maybe 30mins. However, i didnt experience any nerve pain or other form of pain. I also noticed that i cant jump as high as a normal person, my jump is kind of like a hop as compared to pre-op. My running looks/ feels like a fast walk as compared to before surgery too. I think its because my muscle are much much weaker than before surgery. When my relatives and close friends saw my "new" legs, they told me that they are really much slimmer - Even my near 80 year old grandmother said so ! I really want to try out sports like boxing and muay thai (Thai boxing), but with my current fitness/weakness level... i think it will have to wait. The swelling in my ankles and feet region, is going down very very slowly. Some days, my feet are extra swollen and i cant fit into my working shoes and had to wear slippers to work ( my boss understands my condition ).

if you girls have any more questions or want to see any pictures, just let me know. I am happy to help :smile:

@Julia A thank you so much Julia you’re so sweet and genuine. Thank you for posting your updates and photos, it really helps me with finalizing my decision with this surgery. I wish you continuous smooth healing and may your final results be as beautiful as your personality.

@Bambu once you have decided on getting the surgery, just push on with your decision. Before my surgery, my parents were very skeptical with the whole procedure. But now, i think they are secretly glad and happy with how things turned out. My Mum was amazed with how Dr park was able to take out a whole mass of muscle with just a 2-3 cm incision. What i am trying to say is that dont turn back from your decision. When in doubt, just re-read this forum and know that all who had underwent this surgery came out fine. The first 2 weeks is really tough, no way to sugar coat it. The healing process is also very very long and sometimes annoying. But as compared to how self-conscious and uncomfortable i was with my pre-op legs, i will much rather go through with the whole procedure again. If you have any questions regarding what to pack for the surgery, i will be happy to give you some advice :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone! I am from UK and would like to coordinate with anyone who is also from UK and planning to get partial muscle resection done. I actually got mine done by Dr Park almost two years ago now and my measurements were 35cm (L) and 35.3cm (R). Now they are both 33.5cm and don’t get me wrong, this was already a massive change and I had more confidence in my self with less muscular legs but my legs still look quiet big in terms of size and it hasn’t really allowed me to reach the level of comfort and confidence where I can start wearing shorts and dresses. This may be because I am petite (5’1) and my ideal calf measurement is actuallg 31.5 cm and of course mg current measurement is more than this. So now, I would like to know please if there is anyone here who is from UK and would like to go together again this year please email me at [email protected] or send me a private message. We can definitely support each other and the process would be much more easy! And since I had gone through the process before I can definitely offer you some mental support with your own recovery. I have another question, is there anyone here who had gone for a second partial muscle resection before as well? I haven’t yet emailed Dr Park regarding my interedt to go back to get further reduction on my calves but I have already made up my mind. I’ll be emailing him soon.

Hi Yuli,

Wow I think you are the only person I’ve seen on this thread (from the parts I’ve read) who is interested in going a second time to dr Park. Please keep us updated on your journey :smile: and hope you are able to achieve the results you want

Has anyone inquired about spinal anesthesia/spinal block en lieu of GA for calf resection with Dr Park?

I have had quite a few ruptured IVs and am used to being awake during surgeries so a spinal block would be significantly more attractive than GA or IV sedation. Also considering the distal location of calves I would imagine a spinal block sans sedation wouldn’t feel too traumatic as the puncture would be low on the spine.

Day 14 - Post-op, new shoes!
My mom got me new shoes so I stop using Dr. Park's platform shoes (which made it easy to walk, but were so uncomfortable). First time I feel like a person when walking as it allows me to hide my limp down to 50% obvious. I still cannot stand or walk too much because my heels still dig but at least I am better.

Hi @amici1992 what shoes did your mum buy? brand, style etc. please?

I used to have huge calves because my high school was almost at the mountain lol
But I started yoga and pilates as soon as I became adult, and I love how it changed my body.
Yes, my weight is still pretty much the same, but it really stretched my bulky leg muscles.
If you want your calves to be toned, I recommend ballet as well.
Some people say ballet makes the calves bigger, but I think it only happens when you do it everyday as a professional ballet dancer. Doing ballet only 2~3days a week for a hobby can be nice toning exercise, not bulking up like cra cra.

Agree, but if you have a surgical way to get it done, it will cause a trouble when you exercise or work out. Why don't you try botox injection first which will fade again eventually.