BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I follow this forum since 2009 and want to do the surgery with dr Park this November. I will consult him today , to safe a surgery date. blood tests are all done

Is anyone also going there in November and wants to meet up ? I want to stay in hotel and I think I will come alone to Seoul

Regards

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 10:
Last appointment, Dr.Park showed me how to aspirate my legs, he draw a circle with a pen, so I will know where to insert the needle at home. With an ice-pack before, it is ok, not that painful (seringue, 10ml, 21G, 1”1/4). He withdraw only 6ml of each legs but he said It will probably more at home, since I will be working. In Korea, i just rested, elevated and stretched. I didn’t go on any tour, I wanted a safe and effective recovery...
Day 11: return home
I took the bus 6009, 15 000W, around 50 minutes, from Sinsa dong station, nonstop. (can also be taken at Sinsa station) I think it is the fastest and the cheapest option and you are sure to have a seat. I didn’t wanted to take the subway, because there is so much stairs and no elevators, I wouldn’t have been able with my suitcase ... I walk ok, not so fast, I tired easily and going down stairs is difficult. But I definitely didn’t needed a wheelchair service, I guess my recovery is ok, fortunately.. I am now at the airport, waiting for my first flight, of 13 hours.... The teletubbies exercice and squats are strange movement to be done in public so for now I push against a wall or a chair.

Hey Girl, I told my relatives that i rolled down the stairs because i was drunk, to explain the bruises and the bandages. My relatives stopped probing after i told them that i was too drunk to remember what happened. Maybe you can try this excuse haha. People around just got used to the bandages and limping after a few days. Try not to stress over how people will think :smile:

Day 11:
13h flight, 3h layover, 1h45m flight. I asked my airline to have empty seat next to me (there was a lot left the day before my return), they were absolutely of no help so I paid 120$ to have a sext in the first row, next to the toilet, I couldn’t elevate my legs, but I could stretch when I wanted. It went better than I expected... not to much swelling. I was able to walk in the airport, my walking was ok, not so fast, but ok.
Day 12-13:
Spent the day stretching every 15 minutes and elevating, dealing with the jet lag of 13h.
Day 14:
Back to work for a 13h day, job is a mix of sitting, standing, walking, no breaks. I got up 1h earlier than before to stretch a lot. So when I arrived to work, my walking was normal, nobody asked questions. I took muscle relaxant (methocarbamol) and anti-inflammatory (naproxen) to relive the pain. I could stretch only while going to the bathroom, so the pain and the tightness increased more and more during the day. I wasn’t walking normal at the end, really slower. I told colleges that I was tired from holidays.
I didn’t had time to look at my bandages during the day, so when I arrived home, I realized that they had loosen up, not the same compression all along the calves, my calves looked like waves.. ! and there was a bulge of swelling under the knee cause the bandages were lower than where I put them in the morning... So now I have decided to wear compression socking first, so my calves would be in the right shape, with the bandages on top. Dr.Park gave my 20-27mmHg socking, I thought it would be more like 30-40mmHg...?
I drove to work (1h) without problem.
I did my first aspiration alone, 6ml and 3ml, I push and pull the seringue a couple of time to be sure to remove all the blood, but I think I over did it. The following day, it was really painfulll and I started wondering that maybe I had infected one of my leg and that I would have to go to the emergency room and told the doctor what I have done... but it the pain resolved, so it was probably just inflammation related to the movement of the seringue in the muscle.

Day 15-16-17:
I have to work for 8 day before having a day off, the week will be long ... I do not sleep well, elevating the legs, jet lag, in comfort.... I had to go to the birthday party of my niece, after my work, all my family was there, and they didn’t notice anything special. But I am really making effort to walk normally. I still struggle to walk downstairs but since i live at the third floor, I practice a lot!
I feel like I am back to square one every morning, after 10 minutes of stretching, it is better.

@camber @Julia A @amici1992 @brobn
Hi girls! After how long did the tightness in your calves in the morning was gone? I asked Dr.Park and he said it was different from one patient to another... I am afraid I don’t stretch enough the days I work. I stretch a lot in my days off, I bought flat shoes to work and for home, but still... I can’t not stretch properly while working.....

Good luck to @Anoukmarie for her surgery this week!!

Hi , landed in Seoul and driving to the clinic right now .

Thank u Girl surgery is tomorrow

I cant remember exactly how long, but after i got back to Singapore which is 1 month post op, i gradually stop stretching in the morning. But even up to now, which is about maybe 6month post op, my calves sometimes feel sore if i have been sitting for tooo long. But they dont hurt or anything, just minor sores. When i was working, i remember stretching every half an hour or every hour. If i don't stretch throughout the day my calves will feel like they were "harden" and stiff. But maybe after 2 months plus i stop stretching so frequently throughout the day. I also took yoga class then, which i was 'forced' to stretch anyways haha

• 4 weeks later...
Ladies, I’m new here. I didn’t have enough time to read all the information in this blog but I hope yall can help me. I gad radio frequency done with Dr Perry Liu for the past year. I have improvement at all. He said I was the only one not to see any improvement. He suggested now that I moved forward with the surgery. Told me he has done the procedure many times. He charges 15k. The only thing is he doesn’t have a whole lot of pictures to show me from previous patients. The scar he said would be in the inner part of my calves. (I would feel just as bad with a big scar as I feel with the large muscle) I was seeing pictures here in the blog (julia btw thank you so much for sharing those photos my calves are itentical to yours) and seems like the scars are behind the knees (sounds way better than having the scars in the inner part of my calves)
I’m wondering if anyone here in the blog has had the surgery with Dr perry liu?
What would you ladies recommend should I really leave the country to get this done or Dr liu would do a good job?
I’m not sure if I have the balls to go all the way to korea to have this done. I have no family members or anyone willing to help me with these as everyone thinks I’m crazy to want a surgery. I’m just extremely self consious abt my calves I need to get this done. I’m ready for it! What would you ladies recommend?
Thank you so much in advance

I saved the money and I’m ready! If I could get away with having this done with dr Liu would be a lot more convenient for me to stay in the states. But if he doesn’t have the experience then I have no other choice. Plus I much rather have a scar behind the knee than in the inner part of my calves. Is anyone here planning on going to Korea in 2019 please let me know maybe we can do it together? I have a very flexible schedule but want to get this done asap so the sooner the better :smile:

Hey guys I’m so glad I found this group. I’m thinking of calf reduction for all my life and preparing for it with Dr. park Seoul Korea For all the ladies who’s went with him what are the price someone on here said 10,000 and I read one lady laid 7,500.. I don’t have the money right now so planning for maybe next winter and I’ll be traveling from United States. Anyone on here also looking into this?? And for the ladies who already undergone this surgery please please reply it’ll be highly appreciated. I’m so tired of my calves taking over my life. I feel crazy right now for considering this but I’m sick and tired of my muscular calves

Yes girl same here! Haha I was quoted 10k here in America with dr Liu plus the anesthesiologist fees was going to come up close to 15k. It would be more convenient for me to have it done in America but I’m not confident as I never heard of anyone that had this done here. Only thing pretty much stopping me are the scars. Dr Liu would cut the inner part of my calves and I don’t want to put a big old scar on my legs.
I’m just waiting for a confirmation from the ladies that had this done where exactly is the scar from the surgery located? I want to get this done now before summer
Another question I have ...After the procedure how long would it take to be able to wear heels and walk normal? How long do u have to keep wrapping?
About the trip is all I need a password to enter Korea? I have no clue I need guidance lol
Thank you in advance

I think so passport is all that’s needed. When do you plan on getting the surgery and whoever you go with I hope you get the results you want and smooth recovery... I did a little research and from what I read Dr. park specialized in calf reduction and has done over 700 calf surgeries. I don’t want to travel neither but with a surgery like this I’m definitely considering it