BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything goes well! Can you please keep me updated. I really want to do this and love to see someone’s results. I wish I could get mines done by next month but it’s going to be a long wait for me

Hi Marrob,

I am new to the forum and I was looking for information on calf reduction. I wasn’t able to go back to all the threads and read your information, but did you get your procedure done by Dr. Park from Oz Cosmetics ?

When I google calf reduction he is the only person that comes up.

Do you recommend him ? There seems to be really bad reviews about him.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I wouldn’t go with Dr.Lui, I asked him and he told me that he had done between 20-30 calf reduction surgery which is really not enough to be an expert. Dr.Park has done over 900 muscle reduction.
I saw some picture on google of the scar in the inner part of the calf and it is pretty ugly... My scar is very small, 2cm long, behind the knee, I almost do not see it.
I am 2 months and a half post-op, everything is so far so good. Walking is normal, I did ice skating, cross country skiing already. I am tired earlier than before but I could do it normally. I can run small distances, like to catch the bus, but I cant run real distances right now. but I am confident that it will be back to 90% normal within 6 months.

Hi! How much of a change in circumference have you seen? I just spoke to Dr. Park, and was quoted for my surgery, but I have rather large calves and want to have a realistic expectation.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! Your experience is really encouraging! Im 6-days post ops. The biggest and most painful challenge would be trying to get out of bed every morning as the upper calf muscles behind got super stiff and it was excruciating just trying to stand straight. Im worried this will affect me for the rest of my life or if i might not be able to walk normally again. Did you have a similar experience in your first week post-op? Were you disciplined in keeping with stretching for 1 minute every 20 minutes throughout the day? how long did it take you to be able to walk normally?

Thank you so much for your post! I hope to hear from you soon!

In my case, i lost 3 cm right after surgery. 6 days post op and its still the same circumference.

• 4 weeks later...
I just had my surgery yesterday and I’m in so much pain. The first few hours after surgery was the worse it hurt to breath. It’s been the most painful experience of my life. My calves and knees are sore and so is my back and arms I’m not sure why. I think I have a little fever too. Stretching is painful. Walking is painful. It’s hard to sleep. I brought percocets and still hard to manage the pain. I hope I’m happy with the results and won’t need a revision. Doctor Park said I have a lot of scar tissues from previous radio frequencies so it was hard for him to remove the muscle. And I’m experiencing more pain the most people go through.

Oh my. I hope you will feel better soon.
Does that mean radiofrequency is a no-no if one is going for calves reduction surgery?

The radio frequency was a big mistake. It was a waste of time and money at least in my case because I saw no results and I had it done 3times. It created scar tissue and it made my calves look even bigger and harder than they were before. It was very frustrating to find out the scar tissue kept Dr Park from removing a lot of muscle. Going through all this pain I hope my calves look smaller and symmetrical.