BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK GIRLS WHO HAS HAD CALF REDUCTION SURGERY WITH DR PARK...DID YOU HAVE TO PAY 10% TAX? BC IT SAYS IN HIS WEBSITE UNDER OZ TALKS THAT THE TAX SHOULD NOT BE APPLIED TO CALF REDUCTION SURGERY. HERE IS THE QUOTE.

"10 % tax on the cost of surgery from July 1st

From July 1st, value added tax (VAT) will be levied on cosmetic surgery like double eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, breast enlargement and reduction, liposuction and facelift procedures.
Tax will also be charged at animal hospitals, athletic facilities such as health clubs and dance academies.

There is one good news.
Tax will be levied only on the five procedures that mentioned.
So, there is no added tax on other procedures like calf reduction, mandible and zygoma reduction, chin surgery, forehead augmentation."

guys, thanks for the well wishes all. im booked for april. can't wait but im so upset because im keeping it from family. has anyone been under similar dilemma? i cant imagine telling them but if the results of the ops are good, surely they will notice the difference. oh god....anyone? i cant believe this is worrying me more than the op itself. now that ive decided to go for the op. it's making me sick literally. it's the guilt the guilt....anyone has any views?

I heard that even after the surgery the calves will be back to it's original shape and sizes in time. That's what some of the ladies were saying on this korean website. So can anyone pls tell me? I dont want to go through so much pain and trouble if the result isn't permanent. thank you...

Kren.. I read that you went to korea recently to visit dr park and decided not to do the surgery with him. And i know you said it is because he does not touch the soleus muscle and he told you your legs will look bowed if you go through with surgery. Was he not able to predict that your legs will end up bowed d/t large soleus by the pictures you sent him via email? I just want to know i may have a big soleus as well and am deciding between dr park and dr jong.

Which korean website were you looking at? This is actually the only website i've seen with people writing about their reviews and experiences with partial calf reduction surgery. Does anyone know any other website?

I believe as long as you come home without any major complications after surgery, you'll be fine. just be concerned with how happier you will be. Your the one who has to live in your calves. I had plastic surgery years ago and only told one person. No one ever new about it and there were no complications. I just became happier with myself. If they notice, you can always say, you've been stretching more and took up yoga or something. hehe. sorry just trying to be optimistic

Just wondering why dr park could not offer you the surgery? Was he able to tell you soley based on the photos you emailed him?

I have not heard of that and ive read through this forum pretty throughly. one of the early contributors to this thread, i think im spelling it right, ashmii, hasnt had a problem and she posted photos 3 years post op and nothing about regrowth. To my knowledge, calf muscles are very difficult to build. It is mostly genetic. Once the physical bulk of muscle is removed i'm sure it will be fine as long as you dont do any exercises to intentionally REbuild calf muscles. So i would just stay away from calf workouts post op.

For me, I am a very physically active individual and for me to go through with this procedure innn, less than 2 weeks im actually giving up a lot of what i love to do for how i look but for me, this will be worth it. after my procedure ill keep you guys updated on my physically activity levels. Im very excited for this procedure. I actually have asymmetry and this affects me a little differently than most here. I have asked Dr. Park and he said that I should be able to return to my regular routine in 6 months. I love working out and and love being active so i will definitely update you guys on how i cope post op.

Contrary to what others, who arent in our position believe, calf muscles are a very difficult muscle group to change. because it is mostly genetic. Obviously if it is fat, it can be burned off. But like i said, I am very physically active and ive done every suggestion suggested on this thread from running more to yoga and pilates, stretching....even though i knew from the get go the calf muscles wouldnt budge and to no surprise, they never did and why i have opted for the procedure.

I am going to book for mine sometime in may or June this year. I might go to Taiwan dr Jung since he focuses more on shape and I have super muscular calves. Is anyone interested to go during that period?

Yllom

When will you be doing the procedure and who are you doing with!

I completely know how you feel and I wish you all the best in your surgery.

i've heard of korean calf reduction surgery for awhile now. this is one of the most painful procedures next to jaw reduction surgery. it is permanent, but it's risky. the credibility of the surgeon is crucial. any mistake in the muscle atrophy and it can handicap you for life. on top of that, directly post op, there are intense muscle strains and daily exercises that you must follow to prevent paralysis.
i heard dr. park is famous for calf reduction. just be aware that OZ clinic spends most of their money on advertising to international clients (most of the local koreans've never heard of them). so be careful!
i hope i didn't scare you with this post, but i hope all goes well for those of you who've scheduled your operation!

hi misswallflower, yes you are scaring everyone but if it is true, we dont mind being scared! if it is not true, yeah, pls dont scare us!

how did you know that it is the second most painful procedure? also, how do you know that Dr Park is not famous in Korea and spends most of their money on adverts to international clients?