BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

hi jackkki, thanks for the encouragement. was it also calf reduction you had? only if you dont mind telling.....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I scared you! I myself have large calves and have been researching for awhile now for the same reason. I've always known that running and swimming only increases their size and it's always been a burden on me growing up to this day. anyhow I found out about dr park from a forum, which led me to his website, which then led me to contact him personally. I suggest asking as many questions as you can about post op and the procedure. in 2008 he seemed very eager to cater to the influx of international patients and was incredibly successful. over time, however, I do believe he has changed to fixate a bit more on money after going through a separate forum where people gave warnings on oz and bk's advertising to foreign clients. it's important for us especially to find out from locals because the doctors can easily overcharge international patients and get away with malpractice because insurance and medical laws are different across borders. there are MANY plastic surgery clinics and dr.park is not the only one. he speaks English, and he has been in the news but it's a good idea to look into other sources. this surgery is permanent and if you can endure the pain, I know I'd love to have slender calves as well.

don't be scared. ive been struggling with this for years and finally decided to bring it up with my closest family members. of course they were shocked and considered it a serious lack of confidence, but in the end, my mother finally understood when I explained to her that this wasn't just because of vanity. I don't judge anyone based on their appearances and she knows I'm my own harshest critic. I'm perfectionist and I've been struggling with it for years now. if you decide not to tell them, don't feel you must! to be realistic, a few will probably notice; those closest to you. if they ask, I personally believe it best to be honest. it's not a crime to do something for self confidence. it doesn't make you a vain person. if they decide to judge and criticize, take it. some of its probably true. but don't be afraid, if you need someone to talk to, email me at xxx. I'll be here for you!

Hi misswallflower

So do u mean that the often u jog, your calves will get bigger? D: I myself have really big calves since I was 14? Due to puberty I ate a lot. I became athletic in junior college and joined basketball which worsened my problem of big fat muscular calves. Zz I've been trying to slim them down my whole life my nothing works. I don't intend to undergo surgery for it cos it's way too risky. So if I stop jogging now, would my calves slim down?

Haha thanks :smile:

hey karagiselle,
sadly, i believe the size of our calves are very much influenced by genetics. active sports and jogging will cause the muscle to grow. abstaining from it will turn muscle into fat, which you can them burn off through proper dieting. it depressed me when I found out about this because I love sports! I love running! I found out however, that the best remedy is lifting weights to tone (not to bodybuild). that means focusing on more reps with lighter weights. i still run, i just limited my routine to once a week.

I just also want to add that I believe runners should be proud of their leg muscles! I heard that Latinos are especially in love with large calves and they're instrumental in competitions!

personally my mentality towards my calves fluctuates; there are my confident days and insecure days when I look up surgical techniques so I can understand either way.

hi misswallflower, thanks! please share more. what were the criticisms? as long as it is not about malpractice, i am quite ok. i guess for me, i dont mind paying more for someone who speaks english and who is good. but if he has ever failed.....then yes, i am worried. so please share whatever you know. as i said, i dont mind being scared. better now than later. i suppose there will always be some risk but as long as the surgeon is good, i think i can take a chance. i sure hope we can take many painkillers....i have asked a lot of post op questions and a lot of girls here also have shared so that should be fine, at least for me. the pain bit, i am pretty scared but as i said, painkillers painkiller

hi thanks! did u do the surgery then? after you told your mum? if you did, who did you do it with?

hi yllom, good luck! so envious. mine is in april. im sure you will do great. you sound like a decisive brave lady. i hope you find someone to go with, if not, you can always count on support on this forum. so excited for you!

Hi Scaredcat umm I understand you the guilty for not tell family I also didn't tell them with because I afraid they gonna stop me but of course I tell my close friend too make sure someone know where am I and what I am doing. All the best.

In my opinion, if you decide to go for surgery, you have to educate yourself first. Only reading forums is not enough. Misswallflouwer, what medical researches are you addressing talking about muscle paralysis that can be prevented by stretching ??? And what do you actually mean by "any mistake in the muscle atrophy"? Sorry, but it just sounds very very weired to me..

Hello Ladies,

I'm so happy to find this forum and can't believe I haven't found it before! I am in Korea 7 days post op and I'm laying in my bed, legs elevated, in the YoungDong hotel. I've been catching up from the very begining of this thread for the past two days now and it's been a great comfort hearing all the experiences, knowing I'm not alone.

One thing I've noticed for sure is everyone's recovery is so individual, and each day is different from the next. I feel the best when I'm laying down with my legs elevated. I've had a very difficult time stretching and haven't been able to walk without wearing my 2" platforms. I need to force myself to just do it today cause I think I will feel better. It's just getting over that initial pain.
One thing for sure is Dr Park is amazing and has incredible bedside manners. On day 2 I couldn't go to his clinic for my appiontment b/c it was too difficult for me to walk so he actually came to my hotel to bring me pain killers and made sure I was alright. Trust me girls, you are in good hands with Dr Park.

Has anyone else experienced severe trouble with stretching? Any advice?

if you have a lateral bulge that can be seen from the front, this is the soleus muscle. after surgery, you may still have the lateral bulge after surgery thats why some people who have had surgery complain the sides of their legs are still protruding

Those of you who have had surgery already, please post your bf and after photos so that people who are interested can get an idea how our legs can be improved. I've only seen i believe 2 people who posted pics throughout the whole thread.
I just find it odd that it is very difficult to find reviews about the surgery and the clinics offering it. I've been searching online forever and it seems that a forum is the only reference besides dr park and dr jong website.

hi christy,

just wanted to know why dr park said you would not be suitable for surgery