BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi, thanks to everyone for sharing. I’m new to this forum but I have benefited from the information here & would like to share my experience.
I had both RF nerve ablation (1x) and RF muscles ablation (2x) done between 2007 – 2009 but saw no results in reducing my calf size. In fact the shape change to asymmetry, where my outer calf is thicker than the inner. I finally decided to do the procedure with Dr Jong last week.

The day before surgery, I meet up with Dr Jong for consultation. He looked at my calves, took photos & measurement & used ultrasound to assess the 3 muscles thickness. He drew markings on my calves & then went through the surgery plan with me. For my case, he suggested to include liposuction for my knee & calf too to give better results. I’m asked to fast from 12 midnight onwards.

The next morning Dr Jong repeated the examination & ultrasound one more time before surgery. I’m then taken to the operation room, scribe down from back down to disinfect the area. Dr Jong inserted an IV drip for antibiotic & other drugs administration during surgery. The anaesthesiologist arrived to give the spinal injection & within minutes the legs were numb. Dr Jong started to perform the surgery, other than some pulling sensation, there was no pain at all.

After the surgery, a drain was put in each insertion to drain the blood. Dr Jong asked me to lie in bed for at least 24 hrs (no sitting up). He said to rest the leg & to prevent back pain from spinal injection. A catheter was inserted to drain urine, so no need to go bathroom. He checked on me almost every few hrs to make sure everything was ok. 1st night will have to stay at his clinic.

I stayed at his clinic for another night cos I was sensitive to the anaesthesia & started to feel nauseous ½ way through the surgery & was throwing up until Day 2. On day 3 I went back to hotel. I rested with legs elevated most of the time. Only walk when necessary to go toilet or for check-up. Pain wise was bearable but have to limp a bit. On day 7 calves pain were slightly worst & Dr Jong aspirated my calves for the 1st time.

In terms of size, I went from 36.5cm to 33.5cm right after surgery. Dr Jong told me that 33.5cm looks natural in my case. Any smaller will make my calf looks funny. Currently due to swelling, the size is ~35cm. Shall see how it goes after 1yr when I fully recovered.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello thegorgeous

Am so happy to realize you'll be going to Dr. Jong. I just feel so strongly about him and have written to him a number of times as well as Dr. Park. I intend to go before June this year. I'll really love to know how you heal with him after your surgery. You can always write to me at [email protected].
take care girl and all the best
Javla

Hello thegorgeous

Am so happy to realize you'll be going to Dr. Jong. I just feel so strongly about him and have written to him a number of times as well as Dr. Park. I intend to go before June this year. I'll really love to know how you heal with him after your surgery. You can always write to me at [email protected].
take care girl and all the best
Javla

Hi Girls,

I need your help...

I had my calves reduction surgery few weeks ago with Dr Park, everything went fine, I had no complication. :smile:

I am back home now, and am currently on my 18th day post operation. Before I left Seoul, Dr Park showed me how to do the aspiration by myself, and he asked me to do my first aspiration tomorrow (sunday). He told me I should see yellow fluid.

I felt nervous, so I wanted to try today, just to see.
I tried, and tried again on my left calf, no fluid came out at all.
I think I use the syringe properly.

Do you girls think it is normal? I have emailed him, and am eagerly waiting for his answer. I am so afraid of not doing things properly, please help me. :confused1::sad:

Thank you for your answers girls.

Sorry girls,

I forgot to attach the picture.

data.imagup.com/5/1109764038.3254png

imagup.com/data/1109764038.html

The red circle on my skin has been done by Dr Park.
He told me to insert the syringe in perpendicular to the flesh, and then pull.
Have you been doing your aspiration(s) this way, girls?

I feel so worried, because I don't like needles at all, having to do the aspiration by myself is a real challenge for me :cry:

You can see on the picture that I have inserted the needle, and pulled on the syringe: nothing comes out. I have tried repeatedly, and at the end, when I removed the syringe, there was a "point" of blood at the places I put the needle in, but nothing like fluid coming out.

I think this isn't normal, because my calves' circumference is still very close to that before operation, and I feel my legs are swollen and heavy.

Hi Cutesnoppy
Am really happy to have found you. I've always been very interested in Dr. Jong but it was never easy to find anyone who had seen him, so am realy happy to have found you. Please let me know how you are doing and if you are healing properly. What are your results so far? you can write to me at [email protected] or on the forum

take care girl and best of luck
Javla..............

Hi Javla,

I'm recovering well. The size of my calves is now ~34cm each side and I started to walk in flat since Day 10. Because of the nature of my work, I have to be on my feet all day, my ankle is swollen but is subsiding as day past. It has been 3 weeks since my procedure & I'm happy with the results so far.

Hi Gingersnaps,

And thank you for your kind answer.

Dr Park wrote back to me days ago, it turns out that I did not insert the needle properly (wrong angle and depth).

By chance, a member of my family helped me, and as a result, fluid has been successfully extracted! (5 syringes from the left side, and 2 from the left side). It wasn't painful at all, I didn't even felt the syringe on my left calf (and just a kind of bee sting on the right side)

I hope I did not frighten potential patients.
I forgot to mention also that I had lipo done at the same time as my calves reduction surgery, this explains why the residual swelling takes so so long to go away on my entire legs (starting from the hips).

hei everyone, i just my procedure done in Taiwan with Dr Jong and this is my day 8 post op..everything is okay and i am back in my country already..still a abit limping and sore on the back of my kness but over all i am doing fine..Dr Jong and the nurse was really nice and Taipei is a great city! still waiting for the day i could walk normal again:biggrin: