BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I'm still not sure whether I'll getting silicone or rib cartilage, I guess I'll know for sure when I get there and will definitely make an update here. I really don't want to get my revision with silicone AGAIN but they do have a point. So far it's been 10 months post surgery for me and I've yet to get infected so I guess infection to silicone for me is not a big risk but I just don't want the revision silicone to shift place again? Urgh I don't know.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using rib feels more natural to me. Since it's from my own body.

i'm interested in doing rhinoplasty , to make my nasal bridge higher.
well, I may sound annoying and needy, but um, I prefer the one using your own cartilage from your ears or ribs (autologous cartilage) and so far from the small internet-based research i'd done, the korean clinics only use autologous cartilage for the nose tip or revisional nose surgery.

can we make request to our doctor what material we wanna use and everything? they said using our own cartilage would b more economic, bcs that way you wouldnt have to use the silicone implant or goretex.
does anyone know abt this?
i was planning on going to korea this august
any good recommendations?

oh, do u think dr wang is good? i mean for rhinoplasty.
Is like somehow cheaper than the korean plastic surgeon?
I'm so happy that people said someone in China is quite well known for rhinoplasty:biggrin:

Congrats...get well soon...btw...How much does it cost you?

Maybe it wasn't well placed to begin with? And that's why it shifted? I have been talking to other forumers and I think that I will be getting silicone since it is not that invasive when compared to rib grafts. And in the event that I would like a revision or if something goes wrong, it would be easier to repair. Let us know what you will choose. Only a couple more weeks til judgment day!

well, I think the choice of silicone and rib depends on the skin thickness. So if you have thicker skin silicone is usually okay. I myself have medium thickness skin, my silicone implant looks natural from real person view but under direct strong camera flash especially in the dark room,I can see my picture with straight white gradation in the shape of the implant, really looks fake:nogood: . I don't know if it happens with anyone else? However some said silicone will continue thinning the skin, so it's like a gamble.

btw I want to ask people who got ear cartilage on your tip, is it soft and flexible like your normal nose? or hard like your knuckle? I can't seem to find the answer as so many people saying different things. For me it's important as my silicone tip now is rock hard and every make up artist and beauty treatment worker always notice I had work done, not to mention when i accidentally bump it, it hurts all the way until my radix :sad:

My sister used ear, it is definitely not soft. Seems similar to my rib cartilage tip - hard.

Many reasons or factors to why my primary was shifted especially when it was a L-shaped implant! Well I still have a few months to decide upon my trip in September so I'll definitely reconsider until the time comes. I do agree with you that silicone is less invasive and has more chance to reversing results etc. I guess I can always save my rib cartilage for future purposes, touchwood. :roflmfao:

I have very thin skin since I'm taking Accutane at the moment for my mild adult acne. I wouldn't say it makes a whole lot of difference. If you have a silicone tip like what I have right now from a L-shaped implant, that is when you are more prone to extrusion. And this is the reason why I'm getting my revision done! To get rid of this crap! I like the feel of my silicone tip though it is not at all hard as all the people with cartilage.

thank you for all the inputs I guess tip softness depend on original structure of nose not the material itself? What I don't understand is every surgeon I asked always said ear is the softest for tip only a little bit stiffer.

@addickshun You are right about silicone skin thinning,especially at the tip, I never did research before I got my primary, I am totally worried now it'll extrude, it's like a ticking time bomb!

I got myself L shape implant and it doesn't shift and the result looks good,I like it, but I am extremely scared of extrusion >.< Many people says it's like 90% chance of extrusion :wacko: and it's better to get the revision before the extrusion happening.
do you people think I should get my revision too?