BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

I've read about this Alladin Peel on LAMUQE's blog (she's quite popular in Youtube), it's in Korean though and google translate didn't do much. I wonder what kind of laser it is?

Also does anyone have first hand experience regarding PRP and other type of laser treatments in Korea?

I'm very impressed with this
http://www.realself.com/review/south-korea-kr-acne-scars-treatment-prp-and-fractional-laser-treatment

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's impressive! i haven't been looking at skin clinics bc my skin is already really good but if i look at it closely it's not perfect. i'm tempted to try some skin treatments even if i don't "need" them. i know fractional laser but what is PRP? i read the description about the skin being punctured with the needle thingy all over. but what do the needles do? what are the injections? what's the brown stuff? it seemed like it was a lot of liquids, are they all safe? what's in them? so many questions haha.

@shinyglitterry

if I were you I'll just eat really healthy and use natural skincare products! I mean you know what they say if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. :smile:

I want to know if some people here have first hand experience regarding laser treatments because I read that they strip off your skin real bad/ disrupts your skin's "natural" sebum production and its ability to heal itself.

I'm really into natural skincare and homeopathy so I really feel conflicted!!!

yeah but then again... you can have a brand new $50 bag and a brand new $5000 bag and neither are broken but they're still not the same thing... haha :smile: ah, maybe you're right, it's just a tempting idea. but what you said about the laser treatments scared me enough that i won't consider any skin treatments before i really find out a lot more about them. so thank you for that :smile: is it really true that they disrupt sebum production? because sebum protects the skin from bacteria and acne is caused by bacteria...

ps. if you want natural skincare use lemon juice and salt to exfoliate and avocado to give your skin moisture :smile:

well you do have a point :biggrin:

from what I've gathered on some Philippine forums, lasers don't really do anything spectacular (maybe 30-40% improvement after 4-6+ sessions, plus the downtime is 1 week or more).

but it really depends on the machine and technique that they use. maybe Korea is more advanced. I'm so intrigued!

but if your skin is already good then lasers would make a difference, right? like if they don't do anything spectacular and you had a really bad skin then maybe you wouldn't get a huge improvement but if your skin is already really good then maybe you can get super perfect skin? :biggrin: or am i just dreaming... i'll look more into the downsides. 1 week sounds pretty bad since you need more than 1 treatment. 1 week of redness? 1 week of not wearing any makeup/creams/anything? 1 week how exactly? i read on realself i think that the girl's skin was red for 6 days at least. i wonder if it was the laser or PRP or both.

it really depends on the machine. here is a detailed review from a Ph blogger:

1ST TIME:
http://herroyalbleakness.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-first-fraxel-experience-giant-leap.html

TIMELINE:
http://herroyalbleakness.blogspot.com/2012/11/fractional-co2-laser-timeline.html

btw her dermatologist is considered one of the expensive ones in the PH

thank you for all the links. i'm reading about the different lasers and downsides. there's an ablative laser, co2+fractional or something like that (2 different lasers) that can give you results in 1 session. that looks interesting. but the dr on realself that wrote about it wrote that almost no one has that kind of lasers?

Here's Maylin's website

http://www.maylin.co.kr/

I don't know about treatments at a skin care clinic, but I've heard using moisturizing oils like vitamin e or bio oil work really well to reduce the appearance.