BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to look for their email on the website too! but can't find it too :sad: the clinic 'THE' looks pretty good too! Maybe I'll try to get my korean friends to find the email for the Emagic! :biggrin:

I called Emagic today and specifically asked for below treatments (which was mentioned by one poster)

Matrix IR
Paroxetine Fractional CO2
Growth Factor Therapy
Nose Fiji/Sebum Management

And they told me they only have 2 kinds of laser - VRX and Spectra.
Spectra laser, E-toning, Ulthera, PDT, VRX, hair cell, IPL, Ploracel and hair removal all are the laser treatments they have, so which do I want?

So I told them I want Ulthera (something I have some knowledge of) and the price is 1.2 million won.

The clinic doesn't have treatments with above names so I asked for PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) injection and some kind of treatment to reduce sebum production on the nose.

Nose treatment with PRP is 520,000 won (3 times) or 200,000 won if you just want the PRP treatment.

I wonder how did the earlier poster derive all the names for the treatments when the clinic don't have them at all.

Although I spoke to them in Korean (fluent, non-accented), they could somehow sensed that I am no local as they quoted me a 10% tax for all treatments.

Still checking out another clinics and will post about them when I have more information.

Skinology,

Plz do update us if u have a gd skin clinic, thanks, as many of us dunno how to speak korean!!
And thank you for your contributions:smile:

Leader Clinic (http://www.beautyleader.co.kr/index.php) replied to my email and their reply was really long...:oh:

Long story short, Ulthera (something like Thermage but uses ultrasound instead of radio-frequency to firm and tighten skin) costs 2.2 million for 300 shots, 2.75 million for 400 shots and 2.97 million for 450 shots.
Laser toning - 165,000 per session.
CPR - like PRP injection is 330,000 per session and best combined with laser treatment.

Overall, I think leader is a little pricey as they mainly cater to foreigners.

Skinology,

I just wanted to thank you for having shared your prices.Your prices are exactly the same as the prices I see on leader's korean price list. But I agree with you that they are really a little pricey.

I was so worried about your comment that they catered mainly to foreigners that I wanted to pull out of my treatments this morning. Thankfully I saw only locals this morning and that made me decide to check their published prices first before making my final decision.

I chose this clinic for 3reasons:

1.I'm a fan of their masks but they are so pricey in Singapore. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they have physical clinics here in korea much like Dr wu in Taiwan - that to me was a novelty factor:smile:

2.Someone on the forum had mentioned in her post last year that leaders clinic was recommended by the locals as they only catered to locals.

3.I had been reading the Korean expats forum and I decided to visit leaders because it was recommended by the expats. When I called the clinic, they couldn't speak much English and I was directed to the branch in apujeong where they had a Chinese speaking staff. If i remember correctly, only a one of the founders, a Dr jang can speak English *-expat forum*

My experience so far;
I didn't go as far as to question the chinese staff if they charged foreigners differently but I did do a screen shot of your prices this am and i checked against the korean price list myself , only then was I assured that i was not being fleeced as a foreigner *of course I don't read korean so I had to rely on them to point out the treatments listed in your post*

I had initially only wanted to do some stem cell treatment or any anti aging treatment but I was so touched by how sincere the founder of the clinic was in educating me about my skin and I was really amused that he was so affected by my pigmentation. He kept advocating excel laser for pigmentation! Anyways, I had a 1hour (at least) consultation with him on my skin and I ended up doing the following treatments today:

Fat grafting, chin and lower cheek lipo, excel laser for freckles, laser for pores and some laser for tightening.

I've done the above treatments this morning and i look forward to sharing my pictures and my review of this clinic in a few days time. I will let you know if my money has been well spent! By the way I have learnt from the Chinese staff that their prices are considered high by Korean standards and they don't practice discriminatory pricing.

I am liking the service and bedside manners of the founder so far. The ladies held my hand throughout my fat grafting, lipo and laser treatment because only local anesthesia was used, and certain parts which were more senstive did sting and I had to try not
To cringe:sad:

As for the results (most important bit), I hope to share it with you guys -this is my third post on this forum after lurking around for close to a year maybe? Time for me to contribute:smile:

Oh I went to huhsu to compare prices, leaders is still cheaper. Phew. I'm pretty sure the other clinics mentioned above your post would probably cost less but drats I had missed out on these posts yesterday before my consultation with leaders. I was pretty sour this morning but thanks to your post with prices, and thanks to the ethics leaders had, I didn't feel so bad when I realized I'm paying local prices, so I went ahead with my treatments! ;) thanks Skinology:smile:

Msahpui, you're welcome and thanks for sharing your experience.
After countless emails and phone calls, we (my non Korean friend and me) finally decided on a clinic.
Actually, she was the one who found the clinic and contacted the doctor and persuaded me to go.

The clinic was located in cheongdam area but the prices are reasonable as they don't try to rip people off.
As an experiment, I had to pretend not to understand Korean so that I can experience everything through the eyes of someone who can only speak English.

Clinic was owned by the doctor himself and he speaks fluent English as he studied in the states before. There's also a Korean translator for the Japanese and Chinese patients.

During the consultation, the doctor said that I don't need Ultherapy and that he will recommend a series of other lasers for me even though they are cheaper than Ultherapy.
So in the end, we decided on fillers, laser for pigmentation and pores and also skincare for maintenance.

I am a little hesistant about revealing the clinic's name as I don't want him to be inundated with people which may make it difficult for me to secure an appointment with him next time...lol

Will write about my experiences with him in more details in my next post.

Skinology, I cant wait to hear all about your experience.....Although I have absolutely like (110%) busted my budget and I probably wouldn't be able to do anything at your clinic but it's in the same area as the clinic that I will be doing my rhino in! ....it's so easy to get caught up in the act of trying to beautify oneself. I need to get a grip and be disciplined, stick to my budget:smile:

I'm so amused that you had to pretend you didn't understand Korean. Hahaha; )

I know what you mean when you say you are worried that you might not be able to secure an appointment if you reveal the name of the clinic:smile: . It's like me not wanting to reveal the name of my favourite indie cafe for fear that it would be inundated by the masses"). I want to share my experience in hopefully a week?

Right now I still look like a strawberry with all the scabs and my swollen forehead due to fat graft. I went to the grocery store at 3am last night to avoid the UV rays and to avoid being seen...It was such an experience. ...I should have brought my hoodies....you know how Koreans love flawless skin...you should have seen the look on the cashier's face. She looked genuinely sorry for me. She did point to my face and asked me stuff but I couldn't understand a single word of what she said and I just shook my head sheepishly")

I have some brown spots on my face (sun damage). I wonder if they can do something about it and how much....

Please do send me the clinic name by PM or email!!! My skin is bad, and really want to find a gd dr to deal with it:sad:((((( And thanks for sharing your experience and plz do update us!

Sorry for my lack of updates...too busy and tired.
Will list down a summary of the things I did each day below.

6.12 Excel-V with 2 modes, Microdermabrasion, laser toning, skin care
6.14 Laser toning for dark circle
6.16 Collagen stimulator filler injection(2 syringes)
6.17 Omnilux irradiation
6.18 Toning, Filler retouch, dural fractional laser including legato, PRP, cryocell
6.19 Omnilux, Cryocell

I am now red like a lobster but better now than earlier as I had to meet a lot of friends/family.

Hope u best recovery, omg tht much a lot treatments in 6 days, now all done, and no nd to do the treatment again???

u do PRP for the whole face?? and how long fot the downtime??