BeautyHacker

Facelift surgery

I also did facelift recently in one quite famous clinic in Korea. All my friends said the result was very good. I changed my nose too in that clinic. Nose still swollen but getting slimmer. Some of my new friends (facelift patients) in the clinic are very happy with the result, some aren't happy. Do your research, go to a few clinics to do the consultation (maybe 4 clinics), use your feeling. If you feel comfortable and have the chemistry with the doctor then you should go for it. Facelift is a BIG thing. It was so hurt for the first 4 days....ewwww. I can't even opened my eyes for 3 days. Huhuhuhu.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakao me if you want to see before and after photos. I don't want to put my pics here. Thank you. I don't feel sorry to take this crazy big step facelift, it's all worth it at the end. Result is amazing!

Hi Agaci,

My commiserations to you. I feel what you are going through because I am experiencing all the regrets and disappointment as you. My full face lift was 7 months ago and I can tell you things don't get better, in my case they get worse. I was so happy at 3 weeks but everything went down hill quickly from there. I had more than 6 months of online research on here, I was so set on getting things done that I had tunnel vision, I did not look into non invasive procedures to extend the time until I really needed a face lift, I'm 45 and was not really that old or saggy.
I had so much faith in the doctor that I did not tell him the do's and don'ts. He made my face so narrow and long and now the asymmetry is a lot worse. My right side looks very gaunt and the whole face has hollows and dents and worse when I smile or laugh, not to mention one side of my mouth looks weird not unlike the Joker. It seems each time I write something on here I mention new problems but like I said things get worse as my face heals. Half of my forehead and head is still numb but itchy at the same time. I still have tingling around the perimeter of my face and neck.

I want to fix my face but I don't know who is good or who to trust anymore. I look worse than before PS. Please let me know what you are going to do. You can kakao me, id is Motherhen. Again, sorry for what happened to you.

Think about naming the clinic or doctor to prevent anymore victims. Mine is Aone.

Hi agacci, I am also in my late 40s and planning to have some kind of lift procedure when I go to Korea in 4 weeks. I am so sorry to hear about your experience :sad: and also thankful that you shared with us so we have more personal testimonies to consider before taking the big step. Would you mind letting us know what it did to your mid face aesthetically that you don't like? I was actually chatting with a forumer yesterday about mid face lift and how it brings everything below and around the cheekbone arch to it, creating a full/fuller cheekbone, sometimes even protruding cheeck. I feel that the protruding effect can destroy one's previous elegant facial contour in that area. For people who need fuller cheekbone to look good lift may work very well. But for folks like myself who try to minimize the fullness, lift can be a problem aesthetically even though it corrects sagging and loose skin. I am curious what you think of this observation after going through the procedure.

When are you going again? I am going and will be there Sept.1- Sept 25. Let me know if you'll be there during that time. My kakao id is MrsKing.

MrsKing, my advice, don't go just for mini facelift or middle facelift. The effect is not long lasting. Especially you are in your late 40 already. Just do facelift and that's it, no more PS. Good luck.

Hi AsianLady, would u mind to share your B&A with me. I'm looking to do facelift in 2 months' time. My kakao id is daytona289
Thanks!!!

Sure Daytona. My ID: AsianLady72

Don't hesitate to do facelift, soon or later you still have to do it, the sooner the better cause younger age healing faster than oldies heheheheh. Good Luck.

Hi AsianLady, thank you for the advice! It's great to see you so happy with your result. How I wish I would end up feeling the same if I go thru with it later.

I agree with you that a true face lift will last longer and work better for older ppl when sagging is more serious. Mini or thread lift may not last as long. But I am worried about the aesthetic result of a full lift for myself based on what I see here on the forum. I'll kakao you about your pictures and talk more there.

Enjoy your new look :smile:

Mrs. King, it was nice talking to you by kakao. :smile:

Put the positive energy and mind before you will take FL surgery, trust me the outcome will be positive also. Why wasting so much time to be worried? Unsure?

Good luck, I wish you all the best!

To answer some of you

Where do I start

My mid face wasn’t too bad, but lower part and neck was showing earlier sign of laxity problem as I have thin skin. Dr has done a ok job with neck but there is rather a long scar under the chin which I am not happy about although hard to notice as it’s under the chin.

He has grafted fat to cheek area as I liked slightly them higher and fuller, but one side is significantly less in proportion, that I am hiding it carefully with my long hair whenever I am in public. There was a little dent in one side of jowl I asked him to fix with a bit of fat graft. He has injected a little too much on it now that area is hanging downwards.

The biggest disappointment is jowl area. There is a slight improvement but after such a major procedure? The face became squar-ish, long, flat rather than voluminous because jowl hasn't been lifted enough.

I was told that the lift I had was a deep plane lift (or MACS lift) which lifts the smas layer. It wasn’t just a pulling the outer layer of skin type.

I still have some settling down to go as the lower part of face feels quite thick and heavy. I will give another few months, and if it doesn’t improve I may look into revision for jowl area, and that’s regardless more fat graft to even out cheeks.

I don’t know whether the other patients had similar problem with my Dr. I heard very positive review about him on this website, which was a big influence in my decision to go along with him, although that review wasn’t directly from the person who had surgery herself.

I had visited five clinics in total while I was in Seoul. It was late December and all the clinics were extremely busy. Average waiting time to see doctors was a couple of hours, and with one particular clinic I had to wait four hours to see the doctor as he was toooo busy. And the quality of consultation? How could you do a proper consultation in a few minutes, but that was norm everywhere. It was CRAZY and I SHOULD have stopped there and then. I should have planned for another visit when it was less busier.

Also all those information I had from various clinics were very confusing. I had done the research before going to Seoul but still I needed time to digest/check if they were valid etc. It was stressful I was thrown into a situation that I had to make a decision without confidence. In the end I took the bullet.

I don’t discourage people having the facelift. When it’s done nicely it will be a great booster. However it is a major surgery and you should be prepared for a long healing process (if it ever comes out nicely at all). There is no guarantee in the cosmetic procedure no matter how good the surgeon is. The outcome also greatly depends on the individual’s skin conditions and healing etc.

@ motherhen, sorry to hear about yours dear. Unlike you I looked terrible shortly after surgery. I was a freak and I feared looking at myself in the mirror then. It took a long time for my tissues to settle down and majority of irregularities to even out.

If your face is hollow and gaunt, a fat graft could be an option? Yes we need a sculpturing expert with good aesthetic artist.

About naming the clinic, I am going to give a few more months to fully assess the outcome as often they say the facelift recovery takes at least a year etc. Also I haven’t ruled out the possibility of discussing adjustment with him. Will see.

@ mrsking, like a lot of people I had bad asymmetry. My right side was perfect but left side was a lot gaunt and skinner. Dr said he would try to make the asymmetry less obvious but I will give 60 - 70% on his effort. But more concern for me right now is my bottom face which is very chubby in that some people commented if I have gained weight.

At this stage I haven’t got dates when I will visit Korea, but will let you know if I will be there similar time. Good luck with your research in the meantime!

agacci, I am sorry to hear your story....but hope everything turn out fine after months, and whether u done your nose in the same clinc???

And whether your dr is famous for facelift or nose??? please do give us some clues, as there are more people heading to korea in this coming few months.

Thanks agacci for explaining further of your situation. I appreciate it very much. I gathered from what you said that you had mid face and neck lift? I really hope that the heavy lower face that you are experience now is still the result of the residual swelling that comes from the lifts. I know it has been a while since your suegery, but maybe people at our age heal a lot slower?

I am going to do my mid face and neck lift in 3 weeks!!! so nerve racking... I would so appreciate if you could kakao me when you have some time:smile::smile: I just hope that I wouldn't choose your doctor - no offense :smile:

Thanks!

Hi forumers considering face lift, AsianLady seems to be happy with her result, I was too at 1 month post op which is about how long ago AsianLady had hers done. Bear in mind that there is still swelling so result is NOT accurate, furthermore, if there was FG involved it is even harder to judge. When all my swelling settled and fat re-absorbed, that is when you can see how good or bad your doctor is. Some of you have seen my pics so you know what I mean.

@Motherhen, mine is one a half month ago. I'm happy. Younger, prettier, the manicure owner lady told me, you're changed, you look like 10 years younger, what did you do? Hahahahhaha. I'm so happy. A few friends also asked me what is the secret, I look like 30 now. Even if the FG gone I still be happy cause my face will be smaller like a doll. Hehehhehe. But I like FG on my forehead and my chin.

@Mrs.King, Yaawwwww........happy happy scare excited hahahahhaha. Congratss...remember, to hypnotize yourself, I want young pretty me to be back, I want young pretty me to be back.....

Wow - Aone - glad you named the clinic. His marketing is just hype then!! He makes out that he is the best.
I have just re-looked at Grand's facelift and I really like their work. They seem to have the expertise to do revisions on all areas of the face.