BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have experience of extremely swelling after more than 2 weeks?

I'm currently 18 days post op. My eyes are still swelling and the creases appear high like I've sauage eyes. My whole face looks puffy and swelled up every morning I woke up and see in the mirror, I just got more depressed.

I got my nose revision via open, it recovered quite well compared to my eyes. I can felt the height have gone down and my tip is slightly elevated. And had fat graft touch up on my under eyes and smile lines 3 days ago. But the areas are still numb and a bit hard.

My concern are now on my eyes. I liked fierce and the swelling isn't anywhere better than 2 weeks ago. Does anyone had same experience as me??? Please enlighten and share with me.

I'm getting depressed every single day, worrying if I'll get the sauage eyes and how to get back to work in 2 weeks time.

Hi All, I'm heading to Korea in a couple of days and planning to get my eyes done at GRAND plastic surgery. Anyone had any experiences there or heard anything? I've been doing some research and it seems the best when taking into consideration the number of celebs that go there, the companies reputation and other bloggers previous experiences. Would still like to have further input if anyone has any.

My line of thought is if your going to the Mecca of plastic surgeries (Gangnam), and you go to somewhere reputable, that is also pretty big and local celebs go there then you can't go wrong. I hope this thinking is correct. Smaller places don't have their reputation on the line because they haven't built one yet, but if you go to a big surgery and that is all they do then by probability based on experience I would like to think my eyes are in safe hands. Any thoughts?

Jaseaus, big clinics (eg Grand, BK) have a very mixed reputation here on TPF. It would be a good idea to check out the threads on those clinics for more information. One concern that people raise with these clinics, is the possibility of a doctor switch. I'm not sure how common that is, but it would be something to factor into your decision. Also, try to make the decision based in doctor rather than clinic, as these big clinics usually have multiple doctors, some better than others.

Yes. This clinic has done plastic surgery to one of the blogger in Singapore.

I agree with Lanvinfield regarding the big clinics - most of them operate like factories and devote very little time to each patient. It's even worse for foreigners for obvious reasons. This apathetic, money-oriented attitude can lead to botched jobs or unsatisfactory results. Having said that, DES is considered to be one of the "easier" procedures so I suppose the risks are minimal compared to more invasive surgeries. Definitely agree with Lavinfield's recommendation that you base your decision on the DOCTOR, rather than clinic. Choose a surgeon that caters to locals, and don't write off small clinics simply because they're not as famous. From personal experience, a smaller clinic will be more inclined to accomodate to your needs. Mind you, a "small" clinic in Gangnam can refer to one that takes up "only" one floor of a multi-level building so it's not some hole in the wall. If you feel more comfortable with bigger clinics, perhaps you should also book consultations with Teuim, Banobagi, Item, and Cinderella?

Medial epicanthoplasty is prob most effective at elongating ur eyes. But do note that not everyone likes the result, it may or may not change the shape of ur eyes overall ie the horizontal axis/slant. Lateral canthoplasty doesn't do much in my opinion. Ptosis correction or levator muscle surgery can increase the vertical height of ur eyes but that would make ur eyelid crease appear lower too, also some complain of the surprise look they get after Ptosis surgery.. Hope this helps..

Thank you. I'm considering either medial epicanthoplasty or bridge augmentation to pull in the inner corners of my eyes. I'm leaning towards epi because I don't want to have to deal with implants and epi is cheaper.

hey guys,
i will be in Seoul during Oct14-22, and planing to do double eyelid surgery and Epi at pintangui. maybe also will do fat graft. ( by myself, dont speak korean at all... speak english and chinese/M )

I booked a place near gangnam area, would like to hang out ( shopping. grocery ..etc - -) if you are at seoul during that time :smile:

kaokao ID : vovobengal