BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

So I've been doing some research on double eyelid surgery in Korea and it looks like a lot of Korean people get a procedure called 눈매교정. What is this in English?
I looked it up and one of the pictures that came up was a drawing of an eye that is cut (incisional) but a surgical thread is looped into the area close to your lashes but under the skin...?

Does anybody know?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! I am looking to go Teium for eye PS in Aug. Have not booked my flights yet and is looking for travel buddy. SQ got promo at $1300 for 2 to go. Anyone interested? If not, I will probably go for the next cheapest option, which is vietair~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I googled this and checked out the images. It seems like it's ptosis??? There were photos that referenced the lids lifting up higher for people who have thicker/heavier fat on their lids that droops or make it lazy.

Hello,
I'm going august 21 to teuimps
Looking for the buddy also, I'm Korean but don't speak any Korean.

Hi, I really want to have buccal fat removal and I'm curious why you had 2 buccal fat removal operations. Can you please share your experience? Also, what is facial lipo? Is it lipo in the neck and chin area?

Anyone else here has had buccal fat removal? Can you please share your experience? I am thinking of going to Taiwan or Malaysia for my buccal fat removal operation but still need to do lots of research before I choose clinic/surgeon.

It sounds like non incisional pyrosis where they tie the muscle instead of cutting it. I had that. Think they access the muscle from under the lid

Hello everyone! I figure that it would be great for me to start a thread so that I can document the journey and also just my overall experiences with the various clinics.

Surgery: Incisional Double Eyelid, Epi, and under eye blep (maybe)
Travel dates: 10/27-11/07/2014

10/28 Consults
  • Teium - this is my #1 choice
  • DAPRS
  • Oz

10/29 Consults
  • Item
  • Abujeong
  • JW

These are the prices that I've gotten so far. I added a column for 30% because these are the rates that I am aiming for as other people on this forum have said that this is how much you are able to negotiate. All of my pricing is in USD. Don't mind the highlighting. I am traveling with a friend and gave her the list to choose her choices. :smile:

Let me know if you guys have questions, suggestions or just any input about the clinics.

Errr. I guess this is gonna be my first post. I have spent some time reading all kinds of stuff on here, even tho I am only looking to do a double eyelid surgery.

From reading this forum as well as others, for double eyelid operation, I have a pretty good impression on Teium so far.

I know ppl have been saying it is expensive for an eyelid operation. For me, cost is not really a factor here, after all, it's my face, we are talking about, although I am not looking to get completely rip off neither.

Keep us posted, dude.

Hey Tyler! Yeah Teuim has been the most expensive, but through portfolio work that I looked at that like Dr. Kwon's and based on forums he seems to be the most knowledge and caring as a doctor even post surgery. His photos are also full of explanations and more importantly they weren't photoshopped (at least I don't think) like a lot of other clinics that I searched, which makes me feel better in terms of his skills and capabilities.

I think I am okay with the price and I am preparing myself for it as well. Who knows because my choice can change once I actually get there for consultations. But I feel the exact same because it's only going to be a couple hundred dollars more if I go with him and this is my face that I will live with for the rest of my life so for me to pay a couple hundred more but to live for the next 50+ years with good results is worth it! haha :smile:

Also, just scheduled my appointment with Oz and there is a $5 USD consultation fee that he charges for anyone who happens to be interested!

Ohhh. That's ptosis correction?
I still don't get what that is. Some clinics are recommending ptosis correction, others are saying incisional will be fine... How do you know you need ptosis correction?

Ask yourself if u appear sleepy when u don't use your forehead muscles..
Do u like that look?
Ptosis has 2 methods: incisional and non incisional. Non incisional is for non severe cases.
Prefer non incisional since it can be undone if u don't like the look. Esp if u look shocked should there b an over correction

From my photos, I don't need ptosis right? When I don't raise my eyebrow I just have RBF (resting ***** face). Lols...

Why do consultants keep recommending it to me?!?! D: