BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Thank you for reporting back about your experience. I was suppose to be in Korea next week, but decided to postpone the trip bc I found out a lot of the comments I saw on The Line were fake. I decided to wait and research more about primary rhino & FG before I finally take the leap. I appreciate tPFers like you who share your experiences.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wechat: 194481537

sorry, forgot their kakao id. i know it's somewhere on this forum though. Hope you can get a hold of them because i've been trying to contact Opera via WeChat and Kakao for days and I'm not getting responses!

I think if there's a language barrier / issues with getting in contact / non-responsiveness already even before booking a consultation... to be more careful with those clinics, and that it might not be the best place for you to go to... Because a) they are obviously not making a marketing effort, much less have other (non translation) auxiliary services to cater to international/foreign travelers b) higher probability of miscommunication about objectives (which are subjective opinions too, on aesthetics) of surgical procedure(s), and c) how likely / how much harder would it be for someone respond to you if you have concerns AFTER surgery (eg. if it's so hard to get connected with someone to care about you when there's money to be made... it's probably going to be even harder for you to get in contact with anyone after they made your money already... and that's not a good scenario, to feel worried about something after you left the country already, and then have even a simple question like 'should I be worried about this redness' and not get any answers from them)...

I also think there's more government regulations for clinics who are allowed to market to foreigners (I posted a report on the government's medical tourism campaign/initiatives/resources on the "ultimate... resources" thread), which in my interpretation, means those that cater to foreigners are slightly safer / less chances of being a chop shop...

just my two cents

That is a very good point!! Shall keep it in mind. I also read that there are clinics that were very responsive and friendly at first, however after surgery is done and money is made, there is change of attitudes, start ignoring emails and stuffs. Those are super realistic & i would hope to avoid them at all costs.

I think she was paid for my everm trip but so what. lol.if i had to do it myself i probably wouldve ended up disappointed due to misommuniation

the clinics probably paid bock soon, my translator, commission but so what,she spent the day driving me around in her benz and showing me all these clinics and the the end of the day,it was my decision on wht clinic to go to. So the first time I ended up paying more money than my second time around. I told Bock Soon im not paying a penny more over $25,000 and I didn't.So idk if she got commission or not for my second trip but I paid what I wanted to pay. Anyway, I love her to death and shes awesome and made my plastic journey worth while

srry i meant to say I paid $12,000 usd flat for quite a few procedures. $25,000 usd is what I brought with me but they didnt know that

Hi Sodium,

If you don't mind, kindly elaborate: For nose revision, they quoted you 2mln KRW. Does it include only bridge rhino or tiplasty rhino revision? Also is it by cash?

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome!
Don't give up.
Yes, they are very famous with locals and they do not need the business of foreigners to keep going strong. I feel as though clinics that try too hard to accommodate foreigners are just trying to make money instead of reputation.

I don't recommend The Line. No problem :smile:

It's only tip plasty using septal cartilage, columella reduction and hump reduction.

Yes I would be paying in cash. I did not ask for a discount. This was the price called low because I did not need any translator and spoke in Korean to negotiate. I could've probably gotten it for lower if I had asked.

Do anyone know the difference between cheek fat grafting and cheek implant? The reason i am asking is that i have contacted JK and they have said that they dont do cheek implant because it may cause side effects so that is why they dont do it. They recommended me to do cheek fat grafting witch according to them will give me a natural look. I want permanent results and natural looking cheeks so should i go for a cheek implant or a cheek fat grafting?

Thanks in advance!

Umm..Cheek implant would be an implant made of silicon which would garner more permanent results as silicon can't be easily absorbed by your body, where as fat graft is inserting fat into the area which is semi permanent and is eventually absorbed. The reason (I believe) they would reccomend fat graft over implant, is as they said less side effects as fat grafting uses a material (fat) that is already present in your body and will be accepted easily. An implant is a foreign material and has a higher chance of being rejected by your body and, thus, leading to side effects such as an infection. Implants are usually firmer and when put in a larger area like a cheek or a forehead, have a chance of being visible, shifting etc. fat grafting just makes the area more plump as if you had more fat in the area.
Both options are viable, but I think for you implant would suit you better as it is permanent and is more customised than a fat graft because you can control the shape and height better than if you just inject fat as it is a little unpredictable. Also fat grafts can get a bit annoying as they require maintainence of re injecting every so often when it starts to disappear and be absorbed.
Good luck~

Thanks for your well written answer. According to you cheek implants will give a permanent result so i will go for the cheek implans and i think it will give me a beautiful natural look.

Thanks Sodium

and good luck with your surgeries, Sodium

I have contacted some clinics and asked them what surgeries they do and how much they take for them.

Dream: They quoted me between 19.6 million won and 20.41 million won ($17 600-$18 300) for eyelid surgery, forehead lift, chin implant and cheek implant. This are all the operations i plan and want to do.

JW: They quoted me between $11 000 and $15 000 for eyelid surgery, forhead lift and chin implant. I guess that i have to the cheek implant somewhere else.

JK: They quoted me 12 million won ($10 700) for eyelid surgery, eyebrow lift and chin implant. I guess that i have to the cheek implant somewhere else.

What do think about these prices the clinics quoted me, are they reasonable for foreginers? Personally i think that the prices are cheap and reasonable if i compare the prices to my country. What do you think?

I'm curious about why you don't recommend The Line. Can you give your reasons?
Also, do you know Unique clinic? Two surgeons left Opera at 2014 to open this clinic. Since surgeons are more important than clinics and you seem knowledgable about clinics, can you recommend what surgeries/surgeons are good in Opera/Unique?