BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never heard of misooda. I knew Docfinder had much more experiences and sucessful cases then the other similar and small agency. My friends and I used Docfinder to have surgery done in Korea. So we trust only using them but not other agencies. And regarding to those promotions, Docfinder will help patients out to bargain the price, sometimes promotions are fake and not trustable. It's only my point of views but hope it's help :smile:

Hummm...me either

I've heard others but not this one which you mentioned ( ゚д゚) I can't tell whether it's similar as DFK... kkk
But~I can share with you my story about why I decided to use DFK to go with me for my 2nd PS~ just because it's popular, I agreed what @OliviaCom said~DFK has lots of experience and I also felt satisfied with them for my 2nd ps till I left korea... actually at that time I planned to stay in korea around 1month, even though it just took 7-10 days to do stitches removal and they could finish my case...but I still kept in touch with my road manager during the time I stayed in korea (⌒▽⌒) seems like I kept bothering my road manager huh~(о´∀`о) hahaha~

But DFK they are still very kind & friendly to me till now, now we are just like friends~we talk about fashion~ cosmetics~ Kpop stars~ drama or my recovery conditions now~

Well, at the first I also as ur thought, "is it true?" or "should i trust?" or "do I need them?" But~ seems I made a good choice with DFK, because I thought my result is good enough as my expectation tho, btw, they also tried to help me to bargain with the clinic, maybe u also can consider about them~ just my own experience la~ (╹◡╹)

I agree. They all sound too good to be true like the reviews from youtubers. Anyone that leaves bad reviews about them on here immediately gets attacked by others claiming how wonderful they are. I'm skeptical.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your long thread and your knowledge! wow! Are you work in medical field?? it would definitely help my surgery journey!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you yawn a lot like opening ur mouth bigger than u should or kinda ( like forcing it cuz when you yawn youre forcing your muscles too )1-2+ months after vline it starts getting inflamed at the very beginning of the upper jaw? lol because mine is a bit swollen and idk if its because of that

I noticed when I yawned right after v-line my jaw felt pretty tight so I couldn't really yawn fully it was more like a half yawn (if that makes any sense) but my jaw never got inflamed just felt kind of tight and was gone completely 2 months post op. (I'm now 4 months going on 5 post op)

yeah well im only 2 months post op and it doesnt swell that badly it's not noticeable. only when i place my fingers on it it hurts like a little maybe it's not serious.
i forgot but do u have screws on ur chin? when does it stop feeling sensitive? like when you touch it you can feel that it still needs time for the bone to reattach lol

Hmmm at first I could feel the implant slightly but I stopped touching my chin after a while. I would say around the 2nd month was when most things settled completely for me. My swelling was pretty much all gone by like week 3. By the end of the 1st month I didn't feel any cracking or tightness around my mouth and my chin just felt like my chin. I still had a slight numbness around my chin about 1-2 months in but now that I'm nearly 5 months all that is pretty much gone. But yeah, the sensitivity definitely goes away around the 2nd month.

Oh maybe because Im not eating properly or the things needed to heal quickly. I suppose you did take care of yourself more than im doing lol thank you for the answer.

• 5 months later...
Hi everyone, I am a new member here. I am planning to go to Seoul for facial bone contouring surgery and primary rhino and I am currently researching for procedures, surgeons, etc. If anyone here plans to have a similar procedure and wants to enquire about my research result so far, feel free to message me :smile:

Hi Kcouture,

Thank you so much for this very informative thread. I am currently researching procedures and surgeons in Seoul (because I am Asian and thus Korean doctors are better for me than western ones) and I must say, your posts have helped educate me the most among all other info out there.

I remember that you have mentioned before in another thread that we should not discuss surgical methodologies or options with the consultants as they do not have adequate surgical knowledge. However, my understanding is we should tell them what procedures we want and appear knowledgable about those procedures, so they will not overcharge us regarding the price? Please correct me if I am mistaken.

in your opinion, do you think we should make sure that we repeat stating all the procedures we want to the surgeon, in case the consultant doesn't tell the surgeon our requests completely?

I am also wondering if we can judge a surgeon/clinic by their website? I am considering Braun clinic seriously or facial bone contouring, however, on its website they mentioned that their surgical methods will cause no sagging for zygoma reduction. I know this is impossible and hence, I have doubts about Braun's honesty. But it may be that the surgeons did not contribute to the website at all, but the bad information is due to the web designer / marketing division's lack of knowledge? I would love to hear your opinions about this.

If you know any info about Braun surgeons' reputation (for facial contouring or rhinoplasty), clinic price range, acquaintances' experience etc, could you please share them? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
never judge by the website. Korean clinics use a crap ton of marketing to try to differentiate themselves. You might notice there are names of procedures which you have never heard of or some innovative new technique. This is often 90% of the time a marketing gimmick used to rebrand a standard procedure to make it sound more unique and exclusive. The problem here isnt only that you will be charged a premium price for a procedure that is worth a different market value, but also that you may be doing the wrong procedure for the results you desire.

Definitely treat your consult with the consultant versus the surgeon as seperate. The consultant is obviously entitled to their opinion but the surgeon's is the one that matters the most. You will find also that at times a consultant may recommend one thing but the surgeon recommends another. Basically the consultant's job is to, based on your facial anatomy, recommend the procedures based on what she thinks the surgeon will recommend, but that is not always in line with the actual diagnosis of the surgeon.

Braun Iost their best rhino surgeons a while back. I do not know who the replacement surgeons are anymore. As for facial contouring I think if you want dramatic results you can consider them. But do remember that dramatic results also means higher sagging rate and premature aging rate because the tissue loses its support from the bone. But if you are ok with getting a lift at an earlier stage then its not really a problem.