BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

hi K, may I ask how you find out the price range of a clinic (if it is low-end, low-mid, mid or high-end) before you visited the clinic in person, if you do not ask for email quotes? Do you gauge it by looking at the surgeon credentials (like which university he graduated from and experience)? I have been trying to guess the price range of clinics based on that but I am confused because some clinics like Opera have surgeons from prestigious medical universities but from the reviews here in PF it seems the prices of Opera is not high. Could it be the case of charging foreigners similar prices as locals?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think educational background, certification and credentials are just some factors to look at. Most of it you should decide during your face to face consultation. I said don't bother asking for e-mail quotes cos they usually are over priced as the clinics expect u to come in to bargain. I mean its asian culture to do so and this is elective surgery. Anyways, in that sense I meant don't take the quotes seriously and know that you can push the price down 100% of the time from the e-mail quotes. Some clinics quote higher in e-mails, some quote closer to their market value, it just depends on the clinic and their pricing strategy. You'll figure it out when you go to korea and begin your consultations. I literally did a consultation only trip 6 months before my first surgery in seoul and hopped to my shortlisted clinics just so i can make as an informed a decision for myself as possible. From there you can have a better idea of what route you should be going with regards to your surgical journey. It especially helps if you can speak to a plastic surgeon back home for some guidance as every surgeon will give his or her opinion which may or may not coincide with another surgeon's

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for clarifying K!

• 3 months later...
BeFor - [email protected] (Dr. email)

its different from docfinder. Missoda is only negotiating the price for you.

Hi K Couture / Others

Thank you all for the valuable insights. This is my first post.

I'm firm going to Dream without planning to consult with other hospitals. Reasons being:
1. I know what needed to be done - smas mid facelift, neck lift and DES revision. Won't consider other procedures as it's already too much at one go.
2. Online consult with other hospitals basically concurs on these procedures.
3. I haven't read many negative reviews on Dream tho not too much info on Dr Yoo (who's going to perform all the surgeries) can be found on the web as well.
4. I don't have the luxury of time to do a pre-consult.

I've been asked to place a deposit of 10% to secure the surgery slots. My question is if a substantial amount of deposit is already being placed, why would the clinic want to negotiate with me?

Can those who have surgeries done by Dr Yoo share your experience?

Many thanks!

• 2 months later...
Hi
Hi Violetink, have you get your rhinoplasty done?

• 3 months later...
Hi girl, did you get the answer to your questions, because i was wondering the same ??

• 4 months later...
Hi MaryMe
Did you end up at Dream and doing the procedures with Dr Yoo? How is she?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I read another post of someone saying you got acculift would you mind telling me where you got the acculift done at? I am also interested in getting acculift.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi K Couture,
Thank you so much for the detail guide. It was very helpful. I'm going to get my DES, ptosis done in late Sept. I've booked Dr. Kim at D&A Plastic Surgery Centre. D&A = Doctors & Aesthetics, and it has been renamed to DNA (http://www.dnaps.co.kr/renewal/introduce/introduce_1.php#intro1)

For some reason, I can't find any review of this clinic in English, but I know the doctor is a winner of the MedicalAsia 3 times. He specializes in DES and I was wondering if you have heard of his clinic.
This is my first plastic surgery and I must say I'm very nervous. I know that you have a list of food to eat post surgery, but I don't have kakotalk. Any other way I can get the info from you?

Thank you
showbb

• 3 weeks later...
hey showbb, why did you pick DNA as the clinic to do your surgery with? haven't heard too much about them!