BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

Nope not yet. I had some medical issues requiring surgery (non elective) which took precedent. Yay for medicare and medibank private I was covered. Surgery in Oz costs a bomb :S Anyways im doing my HA end of the month :smile: I never did the macs lift. Dr Mendelson was super reluctant. According to him for such lifting procedures, SMAS and MACs alike, one reason why younger patients are advised to avoid it when possible is because we scar more easily and visibly at the incision site when compared to older patients. I was a tad surprised to learn this because I had always assumed ppl in their 50s and up will be more prone to scarring since they generally take longer to heal. Apparently its actually the opposite.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry boo I am really not the right person to ask about this because I don't find the dolly look appealing and thus do not actively seek our surgeons who perform the surgery to that style. I recall being in lotteria (shame on me lol) at 3am to buy me some shake shake fries and seeing a girl who had the dolly look. It was so obvious she had zygoma and v line because she face was literally bubbly and doll like with sagging fatty tissue and deposits. It really irked me. Anyways each to their own but you should always steer more towards the conservative side when it comes to facial contouring. Too much resection can cause premature sagging. Exhibit A right here. I had visible sagging after my mandible reduction and required a concentric malar lift to reverse it.

Ooh I hope everything is ok now with your health:smile:

Really? I thought the opposite too, the younger the patient the faster and better the healing..

Please keep us updated, I am super interested in getting HA in my folds as well, plus I am researching HA because it is part of the materials used in dissolvable screws when doing facial contouring!

One more question, why did you want to get a macs lift after the concentric malar one? Was the puling not enough or the effects wore off cause many years passed?
Thank you!:biggrin:

Thanks :smile: So most of the "after" pictures from the plastic surgery clinics are not achievable as well as Photoshopped I guess. Lol.

Sorry to hear that. Did you just do a mandible reduction and not zygoma/V line too? I am thinking of going in for V line, jaw and zygoma. As these are a lot of changes so I am researching first ^^

I am not sure if I want conservative surgery or not as I already have a square face shape so if I don't get a lot of change I think I might still look masculine? My face shape is like hers but with a wide chin too:

http://images.thehairstyler.com/attachment_resources/attachments/5552/original/miranda-lambert-hairstyle-dos-and-donts-for-a-wide-face.jpg

I was thinking of going somewhere like Regen if I did go natural. Plus the staff sound nicer than at TL. Do you think these are conservative? (if not, do you know any surgeons who do do a natural look? Thanks :smile:)

http://www.regenglobal.net/index.php?page=board&file=list&board_cd=eng_bnf&mc=45&srchCate=Facial&menu_gb=EN

I'm fine now thanks for asking :smile:

When u say dissolvable screw are you talking about Namu's patented pin technique?

Because my concentric malar lift was like nearly 10 years ago, its effect is wearing off. PLUSSSS I did something to reduce its effect. I removed some granules in 2013 even tho Mendelson advised me not to AND I was also obssessed with having a slim face so I removed fat with facial lipo and acculift which caused sagging :S Its not too bad Im just really OCD about my looks lol

I'm sure some of the after pictures are achievable. But like, I mean if you have a big face no matter what surgery you do, you will always have a big face. Facial contouring just smooths out the harsh line and minimizes the size to an extent. But at the end of the day we are born with a ratio of eyes : nose: cheekbone : Jaw : chin etcetc which make up our facial dimension. Often, simply by reducing the outer features is not enough to make significant difference. And the actual position of the internal features can never be modified.

Anyways for me I never touched my zygoma. Only Jaw. I wanted to do zygoma too but most surgeons said no. And Dr mendelson also pretty much told me if I touched my cheekbones id be running back to him for a facelift again lol.

I regret my mandible reduction not just because of the sagging it caused but also because my issue with my jaw was the width, not the angle. I loved my sharp angular jaw pre op. I was like 18/19 at the time and didn't bother to research what a Jaw reduction actually is and how it is performed. I ended up with the same width as before but without my angular jaw. What actually helped tremendously on the width was botox. The actual Jaw reduction did nothing. That is in my case because I did not have a protruding mandible, just very strong jaw muscles.

Curious, what do you think of Angelina's bone structure?

Hi everyone! for some reason i can't start a new thread (perhaps i can only do so after i hit a certain no. of posts?) i'm a newbie to PF and I truly appreciate all the wonderful info that this forum provides. :smile: Especially to K Couture, thank you so much for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experiences with us!!

anyways, I’m interested in doing eyes( ptosis correction + epicanthoplasty), primary rhinoplasty, fat grafting and probably a zygoma reduction (I can only do them after I officially graduate from university hehe ). I have already consulted some of the more popular clinics like VIP, ID clinic, and REGEN but I don’t feel comfortable with them…After doing some research I have list down several clinics that caught my interest…

Has anyone done cosmetic surgeries or do u have any knowledge/experience/reviews of these clinics? Can’t really find much info about them =/

Shortlisted clinics

April 31 ( heard they are really expensive but good in nose?)
Opera (read some good reviews)
IWELL (mixed reviews)
TOPCLASS (really love their B&A)

I will be going to Seoul at the end of this month to check these clinics out ☺ are there any other good clinics that I should check out as well? Thanks so much in advance! :smile:

Well,I wouldn't really say it's a patent, it's more of a gimmick name since the procedure is a basic 3d zygoma reduction using dissolvable screws (if you see the images on their website). At least that's how I understand it..A few clinics use them actually, not only Namu.

The dissolvable screws are made of a material called Osteotrans, composed of HA and PLLA, which is a synthetic polymer.

So acculift caused sagging ultimately? How long ago did you have it? I don't remember sorry:rolleyes:

I feel you, I am as well REALLY very OCD about my looks as well, it has reached the point of obsession I'm afraid lol (:/)

Also, when you have time, could you tell us more about your HA experience and research? Cost, amount injected etc..I suppose you are doing it with Bryan Mendelson, right?:biggrin:
And are you gonna have a touch up for the concentric malar lift as well?

Aah!! I can't, I want to ask you so many things since you are here again! Like, what it your opinion on using autologous bone to fill the nasolabial folds while doing fc? 2 birds 1 stone! Do you think it would feel annoying, like the silicon ones? And would they need screws to stay in place? I think silicon doesn't need screws..

If you want pm me your kakao so that we can chat privately if you prefer it from pf :smile:
Sorry for the bombardment!
Thanks again!

Yes, I am happy with my features apart from bone structure but maybe bone structure is something I would want to change. Being mixed German/Asian I have both small features and big jaw and chin which does not look good (IMHO) :biggrin:

Why did surgeons say no zygoma for you if you dont mind me asking? My zygoma is very strong. Strong cheekbones are considered beautiful here in Europe but I prefer the Asian look I guess

They offer botox here (much cheaper of course) but I don't know if I have strong jaw muscles or a large mandible. How can you tell? I might do both

I think she is very pretty ofc, I have a friend with similar strong features from Mexico and she is stunning. However I don't have big eyes/lips like she does to balance my jaw and chin out. My face can sometimes look more pear shaped (so jaw/chin bigger than forehead) too

you can generally tell by the shape of your jaw bone and feeling it. I mean do you feel any protrusion?

Tho at the end of the day a 3d ct and xray will be most accurate.

I wasn't a zygoma reduction candidate because mine wasn't an issue of the lateral bone, nor was it an issue of anterior projection. I have natural facial asymmetry in the entire face within reasonable range. Natural asymmetry cannot be fixed. Noticeable asymmetry can. Plus the only method to even make a minor improvement would detach a very important muscle from the bone and cause sagging so...yeah....not happening haha.

Damn it now im getting surgery obsessed again and thinking "what if I took the risk, went for it then got a face lift after"......err me and my crazy thoughts. Gotta shrug it off haha

A lot. Yes I am waiting for consultation ^^

I didn't know that, that's weird that they can fix the noticeable one but not the natural one. My cheeks are full but idk how much is fat lah.

If your happy with your face dont get more surgery.. ignore me! hehe :biggrin:

Put your hands on the sides of your jaw and clench your teeth. This flexes the masseter muscle and you'll be able to feel it expand with your hands. That should give you a feel of how much muscle is there.

thank you ^^ I can feel a lot but I am going in for V line anyway because I have a lot of bone too.

Should I do Botox for the muscle before or after bone surgery?

Well because visible/noticeable asymmetry, when fixed becomes natural asymmetry. No one has a perfectly symmetrical face. There's an acceptable degree of asymmetry for anyone's facial balance, anything beyond that is defined as noticeable. Im one of those unfortunate individuals that fall very closely on the fine line between the two categories. If I showed you my CT scans you would see why.

• 1 month later...
Hi! Do you know the going rates for rhinoplasty/eye surgery? I've paid my deposit to do my rhinoplasty in JK clinic and need to know the rates for negotiations =( Also I've done this through docfinder only to find out they jack prices by a lot. Is this true? I've read posts that people have compared prices before reaching out and after reaching out to docfinder and found similar prices actually. I don't know what's true. Also do you have recommendation or advice in bringing so many thousands of dollars to Korea? Should I pay them in USD? Should I bring USD to korea and exchange there? THANK YOU SO MUCH!