BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

Thanks for the informative post! My friend and I are traveling to Korea next week for consultations and surgery. We have a host of questions and were wondering if it were okay to send you messages on kkt? Thanks! :smile:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh docfinder's an agent so they definitely jack prices up. Its one of those agencies that do not level the prices so its a win for all 3 parties. The clinic, the patient, the agent. Its just a win for the clinic and the agent. Price wise I am refering to. I'll give you an example. A friend of mine did lipo to the abdomen for 1 million krw at a reputable hospital. He went with his friend who is an agent. Anyone who has inquired or done lipo know that a price like that for abdomne lipo is like dirt cheap. That's what a good agent does. One's like docfinder actually has enough bargaining power to push prices down ALOT and still benefit but they just choose not to.

Also, when they say the find that prices are similar is because they only see opening price. I'll give you an example. When I got my first quote at Dream for Acculift, consultant quoted me 3 mill. When I got my final price, the acculift went down to 1.2/1.3 (cant remember exact figure). You will only truly know the final price after you sit down face to face and bargain with them. That is how docfinder and agents alike conceal the fact that their prices are higher.

I for one NEVER bring cash. I always use cards. I spoke to a friend about this recently. Basically, if you have a high rewards high points accumulation credit card then don't bother with cash. My cards give me triple points more than most cards and I use it for everything so i rarely ever pay for flights. I also get the best exchange rates using credit. I also hate carrying cash cos im a klutz and have a habit of leaving ma purse in taxis lol. So it all comes down to your situation. If you are in the same boat as me then credit is better. Also remember not all clinics will give you better prices paying cash esp now with the VAT tax return.

About JK and rhino, there is no hard and fuss rule about the market rate for rhino. It depends on which clinic it is, what the current economic situation is, how busy the clinic is, the seniority and skill of surgeon etc. With JK don't expect to get prices which Item or Da etc are giving out. It won't happen. JK is one of the few high end hospitals who manage to maintain a steady inflow of premium patients despite the current economy. And the economy is **** right now lol. But thats a good thing for you cos it means you can bargain more than usual!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I actually tried these. Still healed slowly so I'm not sure it makes a difference. I think supporting your body with anti-inflammatory and healing drinks and foods probably helps just as much. Can't hurt though!

Thanks for the useful tips!!!!

Can share what anti-inflammatory items u meant?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I just saw your reply. Things like vitamin C, bromelain, and B vitamins can help. I read through way too many sites, and in the end I don't think supplements do that much themselves, they're all just to support your body's natural healing. So I'd say don't worry too much, grab a few supplements that are easy to obtain and not too expensive, and get plenty of rest!

http://www.drsinatra.com/maximizing-the-surgery-recovery-process/

Thanks @acq

• 10 months later...
Hey Guys, I already decide go to Korea in this month, I'm new here and I have a lot of questions, May I ask you some questions?
1. Which Hospital/Clinics is better to do double eyelid surgery. Why? (introduce some Hospital to me please)
2. What an average or normal price for double eyelid surgery in Korea?
3. Anyone knows how can you to avoid clinics to scam me?
4. If you are Korean you will cheaper than foreigner to surgery? I will get low prices if I come with my Korean friend?
5. June is peak month?
Thank you very much!

Considering going to Top Class, Nplus, Nano, Iwells and Banobagi for Rhinoplasty Revision! Please give me some reviews on them.
I can't find Nplus website. Do you guys know what's their website?

• 2 months later...
Thanks K Couture for such an informative and helpful post! Will read em thoroughly. Anyway I been meaning to ask what map do you use in Seoul? That use english.. I tried kakao but it's all in korean. I wanted to check what clinics nearby what hotels.. Is there any hotels you would recommend that has reclining bed? For healing purpose of course. Thanks in advance!

i never stay in hotels. I use airbnb. You dont need a reclining bed. Sleep with 2 pillows at a angle. Regarding maps.....god i am terrible with maps lol. I just know the general area. Usually clinics are centered around Apgujeong - Sinsadong and Gangnam Station area. I always stay at an apartment at Gangnam Station cos its right in front of the Exit and taxis usually wait in front there so its convenient.