BeautyHacker

My experience with DocfinderKorea and Banobaji

I’ve been contemplating plastic surgery for a year and now, and I’m super excited that I'm going to Banobaji for rhinoplasty in a week's time! I’ve read horror stories about how some clinics, even established ones, switch surgeons in the middle of surgeries because everyone wants a piece of their most popular surgeons. I engage DocfinderKorea (DF) to have a peace of mind.

I contact DF through email at [email protected] and within a couple of days, I receive a reply from Shin Park, the co-ordinator of DocfinderKorea. I am pleasantly surprised that DF does not charge the patients anything, and offers all kinds of help including medical advice, hospital and doctor information, appointment booking, hotel reservation, translation, pick-up & transfer and bargaining & solving problems with the clinic. The most important thing is, Shin will be accompanying me to my consultation, surgery and even post-operative care.

Shin provides suggestions on the clinics but the final decision totally lies on me. We also communicate through Whatsapp so there’s timely response. I must commend Shin for his patience and putting up with my constant bombardment of questions.

I'm skeptical about DF at first so I contact the clinics directly for quotations to see if there's a difference. You can see from the comparison that DF is very honest and transparent about its pricing. Patients of DF also get 5 - 15% discount from the clinics usually.

Banobaji: 6.8 - 7.8m (clinic) / 4.95-6/6m (DF)
DAPRS: 3m (clinic) / 3m (DF) - tiplasty only
JW: 5m (clinic) / 5-6m (DF)

I choose Banobaji over DAPRS and JW because:

1. I prefer the B&A of Banobaji to JW. Dr Suh of JW is famous but his results may be "too natural". In some of the B&A, I can hardly see a difference and in others, I see the "barbie" nose which I'm not particularly fond of.

2. DAPRS's Dr Lee Sang Woon is famous for facial contouring but not a lot is known about the other surgeons doing rhinoplasty. Besides, I'm interested in rhinoplasty to raise my nose bridge too but DAPRS only suggested tiplasty.

3. Dr Lee Hyeon Taek from Banobaji has good reviews on rhino and one blogger attributes her minimal swelling to his superb skills.

I'll keep you updated when I'm in Korea and more reviews on DF and Banobaji! I'll either post the B&A pictures of my rhinoplasty here or publish them on my blog.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! can't wait for your next posting! I'm also engaging docfinderkorea for my breast augmentation, which I will be doing next year February. Haven't chosen any clinic yet, as I still need to do my own research. But the options I got from docfinderkorea sound very promising ^^

Hey Seoul sisters! I just have the first plastic surgery in my life! Am I anxious or unsettled? Surprisingly no. No doubt I’m excited, but I’ve done all the research that I could, engage the services of arguably THE best medical tourism agency in Korea to give me a “FREE PASS” to logistics, transport, and reliable insider information, so I tell myself, there’s nothing to worry about!

DocfinderKorea (DF) is one of the most reputable medical tourism agency. Shin, my DF coordinator picks me up from my hotel to Banobagi. I cannot tell you how glad I am to see him because it’s drizzling and I have no idea where the clinic is. Hero Shin just saves me an hour of sleep! I must say that he’s more suave in real person than in pictures. He stands tall at about 1.8 meters, and he has an endearing mannerism about him that emanates dependability, professionalism and genuinely wants what’s good for you. It’s not just me OKAY, even my hubby says that he has rarely seen someone who takes his job so personally. Here’s a picture of Shin and me! Shin is with me through consultation, payment, surgery, recovery and he even helps me take my medicine and drives me back to the hotel.

Banobagi is a white colour building with several floors – reception, consultation, surgery, etc. Despite being the busiest month of the year, I hardly have to wait at all! The whole process from registration and consultation to surgery and recovery is seamless, fuss-free, and effective. The flow is clinical, but there’re a lot of personal touches along the way by the consultants – Stella (I like her the most! BTW, she spends 12 years in Malaysia and she can totally relate to Singaporeans and Malaysians), Susan (aww … the new doe-eyed consultant who likes Australia and it’s only her fourth day at Banobagi) and Chloe (the second last boss whom you must defeat to get a good price).

Chloe quotes me 4.95 million krw for rhinoplasty (including lengthening the columella) and 0.3 million kwr for fillers under my eye. Me, with my unpolished bargaining skills, manage to ask for a 10% discount for rhinoplasty. Just when I am pretty proud of myself, Shin nudges me gently and shows me a text message saying, “not good enough, ask for more discount”. Lol! In the end, Chloe relents and I got the filler FOC! The final price – 4.5 million kwr for rhinoplasty plus fillers! Thank you Shin for the cues!

Dr Lee Hyeon Taek (a.k.a. the final boss whom I’m totally at his mercy) appears to be a little impersonal compared to the “(Char)Lee’s angels”, but he is actually a good listener who offers his professional advice and tries his best to understand what I want. The feeling I get from him is that he’s very down-to-earth, he’s neither interested in sponging money from me nor making lofty promises.

Although I’m under anesthesia, I can still feel something during surgery. It’s not very painful but I can feel the pressure and occasional dull pangs of pain. Banobagi also has a complimentary vanity bag for me to bring home. It contains masques, ice bags, cotton buds, mouth-masque, anti-septic cream & more! Pretty cool huh?

Swelling will intensify tomorrow and peak at Day 2. I've taken the gauze down already and I can still breath through my nose about for about 30-40%. Not as bad as I thought!

Later, Shin will pick me up in the evening to go to the clinic again to change my dressing and for a de-swelling treatment! Stay tune for more photos and details of my recovery process. BTW, I can only wash my hair after 3 days… It’s winter, save water! Follow closely! Here's a photo at Day 0 post operation!

(PRE-SURGERY POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

I wrote this pre-surgery and I thought It would be good to share with you here. These are my motivation and contemplation leading to my plastic surgery yesterday morning!

I’ve been contemplating plastic surgery for a year and now. I’ve read horror stories about how some clinics, even established ones, switch surgeons in the middle of surgeries because everyone wants a piece of their most popular surgeons. I engage DocfinderKorea (DF) to have a peace of mind.

I contact DF through email at [email protected] and within a couple of days, I receive a reply from Shin Park, the coordinator of DocfinderKorea. DF does not charge patients anything, and offers all kinds of help including medical advice, hospital and doctor information, appointment booking, hotel reservation, translation, pick-up & transfer and bargaining & solving problems with the clinic.

Shin provides suggestions on the clinics but the final decision totally lies on me. We also communicate through Whatsapp so there’s timely response. I must commend Shin for his patience and putting up with my constant bombardment of questions.

I'm skeptical about DF at first so I contact the clinics directly for quotations to see if there's a difference. You can see from the comparison that DF is very honest and transparent about its pricing. Patients of DF also get 5 - 15% discount from the clinics usually.

Banobagi: 6.8 - 7.8m (clinic) / 4.95-6/6m (DF)
DAPRS: 3m (clinic) / 3m (DF) - tiplasty only
JW: 5m (clinic) / 5-6m (DF)

I choose Banobagi over DAPRS and JW because:

1. I prefer the B&A of Banobagi to JW. Dr Suh of JW is famous but his results may be "too natural". In some of the B&A, I can hardly see a difference and in others, I see the "barbie" nose which I'm not particularly fond of.

2. DAPRS's Dr Lee Sang Woo is famous for facial contouring but not a lot is known about the other surgeons doing rhinoplasty. Besides, I'm interested in rhinoplasty to raise my nose bridge too but DAPRS only suggested tip plasty.

3. Dr Lee Hyeon Taek from Banobagi has good reviews on rhino and one blogger attributes her minimal swelling to his superb skills.

Hey hey! It's my second day post-op and I've started a new thread to talk about my experience and recovery. Do check out my Day 0 post op photo! # I'm closing this thread and all my updates will be in the other thread.

She's very corporate and business-like, quite a typical sales person who speaks very fluent English. She offers the initial 10% discount quite readily but very difficult to ask for more after that. It takes Shin and myself some effort to get the fillers FOC. I want to bring down the price to 4mil but didn't manage to do so. I suspect if I'm more insistent and sit there for another hour, I could. But I'm not a very good negotiator, indoctrinated by Singapore's fixed price culture. Advice is when she gives you the first discount, don't stop, keep pushing for more. How much more will depends on your "skill level". Be thick skin, be nice.

Two ways
1) Consult Prof. Google and delve into the Internet. Dr Lee's profile is on Banobagi's website, there're blog articles about him e.g.@alexischeong, @miyake, search for negative reviews on realself.com, plastic surgeries forum, literally cast your "intel net"

2) Insider information from DocfinderKorea. Shin knows a lot of friends and ex-colleagues in the industry and he also keeps a database on the the success rates and complaints of the clinics and doctors. As of now, Banobagi and Dr Lee still has a good success rate. Banobagi is expanding very quickly and the doctors are very busy. Will the standard continue to be good? Who knows ...

I'm there with my family but I'm pretty much alone in the hotel while they go sight seeing lol. I engage DocfinderKorea who's everything in one - translator, coordinator, nanny, chauffeur! If you don't want, Banobagi has English speaking consultants. I prefer to have someone on my side though but the choice is yours. :smile: