BeautyHacker

My experience with DocfinderKorea and Banobaji

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely you'll get Dr Lee. He did qiuqiu's eyes. After 5 months post rhino with the swelling subsiding, I can see a little of my cartilage through my thin skin at the nose tip. He agreed to see me in Oct when I go to Korea again. I read it's a common problem with thin skin and easily resolved. Other than that, don't really have any complaint. I think he's quite an experienced surgeon.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw on Banobani's english website that they have a mini bimaxillary surgery for mouth protrusion? It's supposed to be less invasive than 2-jaw. Has anybody here had that type of surgery and how is it different from 2-jaw?

• 4 weeks later...
Booked an appointment in Sept with Dr Lee to fix my tip, the edges of the cartilage is showing through my skin. Previously, I think Dr Lee just place the cartilage on top of my nose without trimmng the sides. Should I also make my nose less broad and also get alar reduction to reduce the width? Or I should just fix the problem and that's it? What'd y'all think? Let me hear your opinions.

image.jpeg

Do you mean the cartilage is showing on the sides of the nose or the front of the tip? It still looks ok to me! Sorry to hear about that :sad:

Can see a little around the edges. Read it's a common problem for people with thin skin.

• 3 months later...
As I'm reading this thread I'm actually in the process of healing from my surgery at Banobagi... my mother and I feel that Docfinderkorea was pretty much useless when it came to helping us bargain for prices. In fact they didn't even do much for us.

I was in contact with this lady, Jennifer, for about 3 months prior to the surgeries, she explained to us and answered our queries. But the usefulness of DFK pretty much ended here...

To give you guys an idea about what surgeries my mum and I did after consultation with Dr Lee:

Mum: mid face lift and lift sagging eyelids
Me: nose fillers and fat graft on cheeks

Upon arrival in Seoul we were introduced to different people every day - there's not one person that helped us consistently throughout our stay here. Essentially we were passed around like a hot potato.

On our consultation and surgery day, we met a lady named Kwan who was nice enough and followed us... but did absolutely nothing to help us lower the price (we had multiple surgeries each). During the price negotiation my mum and I did all the talking to the staff (who spoke English so Kwan was quite redundant). She didn't help us negotiate for a lower price nor any free services etc.

After surgery, we were pretty much left to our own devices. A guy named Shin Park texted us occasionally from time to time but did nothing important.

About 5 days after surgery, my mum was fit enough so we moved to a guest house. Here's the funny part - we were suddenly contacted by and passed to a lady named Clovis whose entire job was to help us hail a taxi to our guest house. WTF, right?

Then as we were boarding this taxi, Shin Park appeared out of thin air and said, "Hi I am Shin Park" and shook my hand and I got into the cab.

So there goes our encounter with Mr Shin Elusive Park. I have met celebrities for a longer time than the impressive 3 seconds this guy showed up to introduce himself.

On the day we had to remove our stitches, Player 4 named Anna showed up at our guest house and took us to the clinic. Her job consisted of waiting with us to get our stitches cut out... Then dropped us off in a cab.

Here's another frustrating experience I had with the staff of DFK. After my mum got her stitches removed, she noticed that the operation line on her eyelids were crooked and even had some bubbles on the op line. It was quite worrying and we texted Anna to ask about this. She simply replied, "this is your mum's skin." ??!!!!????

My mum's eyelids certainly did NOT have any bubbles or bumps prior to the op, only some slight sagging. We'd expected her to say something like "Show me a picture and I'll send it to the nurse"... but her replies made us even more annoyed and frustrated as it was almost equivalent to her telling us "that's your own bloody problem".

She then suggested that we have laser treatment at the dermatologist @ Banobagi. I was really infuriated at this point as it made us feel like she was telling us to pay extra money at the dermatologist in order to get rid of a problem that surfaced due to the surgery.

At this point, we turned to Shin Park and explained our predicament regarding the worries we had about my mum's bubbly eyelids. Guess what. We got reprimanded by him! He replied, "Why didn't you ask it to us earlier if she is not happy with that?" (pasted exactly from my Whatsapp conversation with him).

Is that aggressive or what? I don't know about you, Mr Shin, but anybody would obviously be unhappy with a bubbly, bumpy operation line. How are we supposed to accurately judge the finished product before the stitches are removed?

Essentially we felt like we were quickly kicked to the curb once our operations were finished. Shin Park even told me to contact him if I had any more questions. No thank you, I think I'll get even more furious talking to you. I've seen some nice comments regarding a Mr Shin in this thread, but I don't know if it's the same Shin you guys are talking about. Maybe the one I talked to was his loony evil twin for all I know.

As for our surgery satisfaction with Banobagi, I'm fairly satisfied with my nose filler and fat graft on cheeks.

My mum, however, can't comment on her surgery outcome yet as she's still bruised and slightly swollen. Bumpy operation line aside, she is impressed that she didn't feel unbearable pain. However, she recalled hearing two sets of doctors' voices during her op, which worried her a little as she doesnt know if Dr Lee was the one who did the surgery.

As mentioned earlier, as I'm typing this I'm still in Seoul spending my last few vacation days here. All these encounters are very fresh in my mind. These are the dissatisfactions I have with DocFinderKorea. I feel that they're quite redundant and only served to hail taxis (seriously) and give non committal replies to our post surgery queries.

Darling, I'm so sad to hear your mom's eye. I know exactly what you're talking about. My mom also had saggy skin removal surgery and after the surgery there was bubbles on the inner corner of her eyes. She was so sad at first so me and my dad tried so hard to comfort her. After some time her eyes healed and there was no longer bubble on her eyes now. I hope this will give some relief to your mom. It will get better but your mom and your family have to be patient. One thing I learn from my mom's experience is that it takes time to see a surgery result, her skin and her scar didn't get better overnight but it was a process.

• 2 weeks later...

On surgery outcome:

Hi everyone, it's been several days since I have returned to my home country. I'm healing well and my so is my mother. The bubbles and bumps on her op line are slowly receding and her bruises are now yellowing. She has also received comfort from a user on one of the forums that explained her own mum's similar situation in the past. Thank you @sugarbunnybaby! :smile:

On DocFinderKorea:

With regards to my comment about DocFinderKorea, I retract my statement and would like to say that there were some misunderstandings due to different expectations and fear of bad surgery outcome.

DocFinderKorea followed up on my case and the statement concerning my mother's skin was a statement that came from the clinic directly. Docfinderkorea did address all our issues to Banobagi, and forwarded us their reply as it is. I wish they could have explained more what the clinic meant and used a different expression, and docfinderkorea agreed to translate more carefully now.

They also explained that docfinderkorea is a team that works close together, and even though Shin Park as coordination manager tries to assign only one road manager to each client during their whole trip, it happens that other managers will jump in in between when the schedule doesn't match. They arrange so the aftercare process goes smoothly according to the schedule. All managers work hand in hand with the office managers and they are all up to date when it comes to the clients' records. All the managers we met had not been rude or unfriendly. They take very good care of us. But nevertheless I expecting to be having only one manager during my whole trip.

In the end I think maybe I judged too soon, and I wish I would have told Shin Park right away when I felt uncomfortable. After all docfinderkorea is a service company, so they will try to find a solution to whatever problem that occur.

I take back all the things I said previously as there were misunderstandings between us. DocFinderKorea is worth trying out if you want to have more service and comfort during your stay in Korea. Just make sure to address all concerns to any of their managers and keep in mind that after price bargaining at the clinic, you can still walk away if you don't like the end price they are offering.
Thank you."

Thanks @sugarbunnybaby for your reassurance! My mum is healing well and the bumps are slowly receding, just that she got a major scare and freaked out when she was in Korea and looked at her eyes in the mirror. Hope your mum's outcome was excellent!
Cheers!

It's wonderful that your mom's recovering well @amandalpaca. Facelift is quite a major surgery so time is really needed to heal, for the bruises to go away, and swelling to subside. Dr Lee is a great doctor, if not perfect. Give it at least 3-6 months to heal, and your mom can always go back to the clinic for checkup if needed.

I had rhinoplasty with Dr Lee at Banobagi in Dec 2015. Five months into recovery, I noticed the sides of the ear cartilage used to shape my nose tip showing under my skin. It basically looked like I had a ball at the tip of my nose. It's a very common problem with people with thin skin, like me, and it can be corrected very easily.

I raised this up to DocfinderKorea and Shin helped me to book an appointment with Dr Lee in Sept this year. Both DocfinderKorea and Banobagi were responsive and they didn't just ignore me or cover-up the problem. When I was there, all the consultants were super friendly, the atmosphere at the clinic was just great. I was super impressed that Chloe could still remember my name even though a year had passed. Even though Shin was not there with me personally, Kwan, my co-ordinator, was with me. She's from Hong Kong, and we really hit it off! She helped me make my follow-up appointments, accompanied me to/from the hotel and clinic, and also to the pharmacy for my medicine.

Dr Lee diagnosed the problem spot-on and did the corrections for me FREE. I just had to pay for the AlloDerm graft - product placed over the ear cartilage to camouflage the edges and the anesthetic. The procedure was super fast, like only 1/2 hour and another 1/2 recovery time from the anesthetic. My tip is slowly upturned now because of the swelling, so I can only judge the result in another 6-12 months time. But so far so good! I even had FREE de-swelling treatments and a box of pumpkin juice from Banobagi! I really feel the love. Kudos to Dr Lee and all the friendly consultants at Banobagi, and good job to DocfinderKorea.

• 1 year later...
Hi! I know it's an old thread, but just wanted to post my experience here since I got a lot of useful information from your guys's experiences!
I used DFK and got my surgery at Banobagi. Even though I read bad reviews about DFK, I thought that their services in general will be convenient and worthwhile since it was my first time in Korea.
The managers were really nice and super helpful during my trip. I honestly don't know how my experience would have turned out if I didn't have them to help me.
I read that some people got different prices quoted to them from DFK and the clinic, but I did an online consultation with Banobagi so I can check the final prices and they were the same, so I didn't have a problem with it during the actual consultation. My manager that was with me helped me to negotiate the discount too and I was able to get Banobagi's promotion which included free 5 day stay at their guesthouse.
Overall, I was satisfied with DFK. Personally, there were some things I thought could be improved, but I did really appreciate their services as it made a difference during my trip. It's been a month since I got my surgery and I will try to report back on my results once I find the time!

This thread helped me a lot. I'm in Seoul right now and got double eyelid with ptosis correction 2nd June using DFK's service. They are pretty convenient and the managers have been really helpful so far. I want to share my experience so I can help anyone who's thinking of getting surgery in Korea. I will update soon!