BeautyHacker

My experience with DocfinderKorea and Banobaji

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very sure what you mean but my columella was already lengthened during the surgery. Can't have too long a columella because my face is on the long side.

• 2 weeks later...
Day 90 – The swelling is practically all gone. My nose bridge doesn’t seem to be as prominent as immediately after surgery, or perhaps I’ve gotten used to the new height. I like my side and 45 degree profile and my nose is straighter. My nose tip is more defined now but the sides of my nose still look bulbous from the frontal view. My columella is slightly lengthened but it’s still a little retracted. Perfection is a never-ending and dangerous pursuit which I’m not going to trap myself there.

bearlovebeauty.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/image11.jpeg

The results are very subtle and most people, even those close to me could not tell the difference. When I look at my old photos, I have to look very hard for the telltale signs that anything is even done at all. Perhaps this is what modern day plastic surgery is about, to enhance and not to give you something entirely not yours. You’ll know what I mean from my photos before surgery.

bearlovebeauty.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/image12.jpeg

Hello there!

So I was contacting someone from Banobagi and they asked me to paypal $1000 USD as a deposit and I wanted to make sure that this is part of the procedure and I'm not being scammed.

Please reply asap! I would really appreciate it :smile:

Thanks!

First of all, any forumer including myself, would not be able to advise you if it's legitimate or not. You have to do your own due deligence and check with the clinic (either call, Line, Whatsapp, etc.)

All I can do is share with you what I had done. If you want to book a surgery date with a certain doctor, you have to pay a deposit. I paid a 10% deposit through overseas bank transfer and not PayPal. I don't know if the clinic can accept PayPal or if it's new payment mode.

My advice to you is check with the clinic directly. If you must, call them up, and make sure you don't get scammed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone~ This is my FIRST POST in PF, hehehe

I read quite a bit of positive reviews for DocFinder (DF) so emailed them 2 weeks ago. Just got a reply from them this morning. The reply did take a lil long but the lady claimed that the email "bounced" back to her so... Anyway I got prices quoted for 4 clinics. The clinics are not named in the email, only "Clinic A, B, C, D" with prices quoted. Roughly know which clinic is Banobagi (from prices quoted and read that someone made the same choice and got Banobagi too) so I think I will go with that, especially after reading up a few good reviews (despite one or 2 negative ones but I think the number of positive reviews > negative ones!)

Also, the person who has been contacting/emailing me from DF is not Shin, as much as he is being mentioned almost every time for DF, but a lady. Wanna ask if the person that has been contacting me so far will be the one that will be with me for my trip? I am looking to go in end-May. Shin sounds like he's trusted by quite a few people here!

I am not going to go for the huge ops, just looking for non-incision eyelids (maybe with ptosis correction and/or epi-canthoplasty) and fillers (for nose and/or chin and smile lines). Apparently doctors recommended rhinoplasty for my nose instead of fillers but I don't think I wanna make that decision for now...

All the 4 clinics/doctors also recommended accusculpt to "remove fat on face". Quoting the email, " It is to melt your fat tissues on face by using of laser and to take out those melted fat tissue. It is also effective for skin lifting". I did not ask for this procedure initially but it is what was recommended. Anybody done this procedure before? Just thinking, if I happen to gain weight again, then the procedure will be quite useless, right...? Hahahahaha! Was quoted 2.75m KRW to 3.3m KRW.

P.S Hope you're recovered well, Valenrina!

Could you tell how much you were quoted for eyes for A,B etc?
Thanks!

The lady is very friendly too! She's an ex staff of Banobagi. She accompanied me to remove my rhinoplasty cast. We had a great conversation and talked about everything under the sun from beauty, to the Han river and boyfriends lol! I like my results so far. I did tiplasty too so there's still some remnants of swelling at the nose tip. I did fillers on my nose before and I think the way to go is really rhinoplasty. Fillers last maybe 2-3 years but rhinoplasty is for life. Just gotta be patient to get the tip to take its final shape in about 1 to 1 and a half years time. Can't say much about acculift but I will consider if I have some sagging after facial contouring. Yep! Planning for zgyoma reduction and V-line in Sept. Haven't decide on the clinic yet though.