BeautyHacker

Journal of my plastic surgery in Seoul

Hi eurasianbeauty

I'm following your thread on your journey to Seoul. I'm going with my lady next month to Seoul also and visiting almost same clinics like your list.

Ours are:

- The Face Dental
- Dream
- The Line
- Wannabe
- Iwell
- Item
- Opera
- Lavian

And the list will be updated daily until we arrive in Seoul.

How did you contact docfinderkorea? Just through their webpage or naver email? I have them in my thoughts too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! You're so good to accompany your lady!

You're the only person I know who is thinking of going with Lavian (other than me). Feel free to PM me to talk clinics over.

I haven't committed to DFK, but I've been sick the past few days and making decisions like this should be left to a healthy person. But their email is [email protected].

If my Kakao ID doesn't show up, please PM me with your ID and I will contact you there.

So I have decided to go back to the beginning. When things didn't feel right when I was going to go with a surgeon in Beverly Hills, I kept looking and that's when I found out how incredible Seouls plastic surgeons are.

I have taken Banobagi out of my list of possible clinics to consult or get surgery with. I have gone back as far as 2013 on this board and along with the new reports that they are sending out less than acceptable results, I am not willing to take the risk. I know they have done some good work, but I''m not comfortable with the mistakes I've heard about to go with them any longer.

I found another website that is like Babitalk, http://www.hongfenbaobao.com/.

I am also reconsidering going with docfinderkorea. I have some things I want to do before my surgery and when I inquired about them, the response was a bit too eager (as in EVERY clinic could do them) Not to mention I have priced these things out and they were quoting me twice what I know they should cost. I am arriving in Seoul week early and I started to get anxious about how I would coordinate that with them and I didn't like how it felt. I want to do what I want to do. I have a cell phone and Google Translate plus the hotel I am staying in has an English speaking staff; I am sure I can get around fine on my own to do those things.

So I did some more research and found out that the Korea Tourism Organization has something called Goodwill Guides that will help you communicate in different situations - for free. Travel expenses and the like you will have to cover. All the information can be found at the link I placed above.

So now my list is:

Definite Consultations:
DAPRS
The Line

Possible:
Trend

Need More Research:
Channel
Deluxe

To the best of my knowledge, these are the 5 clinics that docfinderkorea refers you to:
Banobagi, Regen, ID Hospital, DAPRS and JW.

I personally have crossed Banobagi, Regen and ID off of my list. I really haven't looked at JW, its kind of been in my peripheral. I am going to spend the next day or two either putting them on my list or ruling them out.

I will also put information as to why I have a clinic on my list or why it's not on there.

[​IMG]

Be careful with DARPS.

I went to DA with my close friend to see what all the fuss was about, I pretended that my friend was my English translator, and on the phone I heard them telling her that she will get 30% commission if I do surgery there.

They called W9,000,000 for mandible angle reduction alone. This means my "translator" gets W2,700,000.

There's a girl on here, I think her username is 'makeover' and she paid about W30,000,000 ~ W40,000,000 at DARPS. This means her English translator was paid W9,000,000 ~ W12,000,000 out of that!!

Either your guide (such as Docfinder, MySeoulSecret.. etc) will be paid that 30% or the in-house english translator will be. This is exactly why websites like Docfinder and MySeoulSecret are free and why the in-house translators give you special treatment.

Don't forget that the consultant will also get paid, I think they get about 10%.

I'm not saying that DA is bad. DA is known to be expensive among Koreans too, but they charge ridiculous prices for foreigners. Banobagi, Regen, JW and ID are the exact same way - expensive for Koreans, crazy expensive for foreigners.

There is always a reason why Docfinder recommends only those clinics and will not help you with other clinics you'd like to choose on your own, because they get the highest % of commission out of them.

Translators and consultants are always looking for ways to throw in extra fees and over-charge you because they also want to make more money.
They do this whether you're Korean or not, and are just more likely to do it more if you're not Korean and don't know anything about the standard pricing going around.

DAPRS is on the list of DFK clinics and I already saw their starting fees for the work I want done through them. It is already under the amount I was prepared to pay and will only get better when I start to negotiate. I am also pairing with people to go together, which will bring our costs down more (if we decide to go with them).

But thank you for your input.

The won is dropping like a lead balloon next to the dollar. I check it weekly. There is no change in that in the foreseeable future. They probably aren't keeping track of it like I am. Who knows what it will be when I actually get there!

Here is what I was sent by DFK. I can kind of figure out which clinic is which from the price and other information. :lol: Might want to pop a Xanax before looking, some of these prices are kind of high! :P:P:P

Clinic A (This is the price when you pay by cash or credit card. There will be no credit card charge)
Incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 4.73 million KRW
Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 5.95 mil KRW or Osteotomy Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 7.05 mil KRW
Accusculpt : 2.75 mil krw(double chin and jaw line)
Breasts reduction revision : 14~16.5 mil krw

Clinic B (This is the price when you pay by cash or credit card. There will be no credit card charge)
Incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 3.5 million KRW
Osteotomy Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 7.5 mil KRW
Accusculpt : 4 mil krw(whole face)
Breasts reduction revision : 15~17 mil krw

Clinic C (This is the price when you pay by cash or credit card. There will be no credit card charge)
Incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 3~3.5 million KRW
Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 5.5 mil KRW or Osteotomy Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 6 mil KRW
Accusculpt : 4 mil krw(whole face)
Breasts reduction revision : 13~ mil krw

Clinic D (If you pay by credit card, the card fee 10% will be added)
Incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 3.3 million KRW
Osteotomy Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 6.3~ mil KRW
Accusculpt : 1.5~3 mil krw
Breasts reduction revision : 13~16 mil krw

Clinic E (If you pay by credit card, the card fee 10% will be added)
Incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 3.3~4 million KRW
Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 5.95 mil KRW or Osteotomy Rhinoplasty + Alar reduction : 7.05 mil KRW
Accusculpt : 2.75 mil krw(double chin and jaw line)
Breasts reduction revision : 13~ mil krw​

Thank you for sharing all of the info you've researched so far. I have been reading all of the threads on this forum for years and finally decided to start posting questions because I've finally saved up enough money to go to Korea and get some facial contouring done. When are you planning on going for your procedure?

Thank you and congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

I'll be there early February. You?

It's a great feeling! I had a consultation with a doctor here in the US but the price is too high and he said it would be a subtle change and I want something a little more drastic for my zygoma and jaw line. I'm hoping to go around spring time in April/May.

If that is you in your avatar, sweetheart you are already the after because you are GORGEOUS!!! Do what makes you happy, but WOW!

Thank you for the compliment eurasianbeauty! :smile:

It is me but my cheeks and jawline are contoured with makeup and I wear my hair down a lot to hide my wide face. I also don't smile a lot in pictures and in real life because my cheekbones and face looks really chubby when I do. I'm hoping after facial contouring, I can smile more without feeling self conscious. Plus people always ask why I'm always wearing a smirk on my face lol.

I totally get what you are saying. I have the same smile issue, but with my nose. Cameras are the devil, aren't they? People pay for lips like mine and in person, it's fine. But in pictures they look HUGE and I can't stand it. :P

I agree. Cameras are the devil! Especially in candid photos! As for your lips, I'm curious to see what they look like now. My lips are also full and I have thought about getting them done so my lower lip is more aligned with my upper lip but my fiancée threatened to leave me if I do anything to my lips :shucks:

WOW! He must love your lips! ;) The upper lip is supposed to be smaller than the lower. Do you want them the same size?

I want mine to have a better shape. I am considering having a more definitive Cupid's Bow done, but I know jaw work can change the mouth, so I am waiting to see what the doctors have to say. I will take before and after pics, I am not sure how much I will post, though. lol