BeautyHacker

Journal of my plastic surgery in Seoul

I know banobagi is known for v line. But are they also good with eyelid surgery and fg ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I forgot a clinic! Thank you for reminding me.

They are huge with bloggers and have some good recent reviews. However, some things have come to light about them. First, they are one of the 5 clinics that basically doubles the price (based on Korean local prices) of your surgeries along with DFK. A recent patient there was also overcharged by the coordinator AND had a bad result (search here for Banobagi and pikapikachu). I went back a few years on PF and before they became a big hospital, Banobagi was putting out bad results then as well.

I couldn't edit the original list, so I am reposting it here with the clinic I forgot.

I decided to post why I crossed a few clinic off of my list. I have seen some people reading about the issues at the clinic and still going with them, then coming back and complaining about their results. I want to put the issues I've found in one place.

Grand - TWO people died. One due to an overdose of anesthesia because the doctor kept leaving the operating theater.

Wonjin - a girl died because they switched doctors. It was a dentist who did her surgery, not the doctor she consulted with. There are many reports of botched patients as well.

Jewelry - Took pictures and had a party while a patient was asleep on the table.

Faceline - Botched procedures and they give Korean paperwork to patients who don't read or understand Korean (without an interpreter).

ID - Deceptive business practices, doctor switching and botched results. '

Pitangui - MANY botched procedures.

Banobagi - They are huge with bloggers and have some good recent reviews. However, some things have come to light about them. First, they are one of the 5 clinics that basically doubles the price (based on Korean local prices) of your surgeries along with DFK. A recent patient there was also overcharged by the coordinator AND had a bad result (search here for Banobagi and pikapikachu). I went back a few years on PF and before they became a big hospital, Banobagi was putting out bad results then as well.

I have yet to find out which clinic it was that collected jawbones and displayed towers of them (with the patients' names written on them). It was illegal for numerous reasons and they were fined. If anyone knows what clinic that was, please PM me.

Good luck with your surgeries! And please keep us updated with your experience

I will also keep up with the updates. But it really depends on how many times i need to run for food for the ladies in bubble heads ;)

Yes, kakao me and just let me know who u are :smile: we can chat privately

Research is very important. That's why I never entertained any of those clinics. I cant tell other people what to do, but I can give them the information so they can make an education decision.

I'm leaving from Singapore in Feb 2016 for Seoul to get forehead augmentation done with implant. X

With reference to my hosptial options, it's back to the tedious researching again as my choices of GRAND, ID , Wonjin or Banobagi was just flushed down the toilet for the posted reasons.... :nono:

I used Google. I thought of posting links to avoid questions (or accusations), but I as I said above, it's up to each person to do that on their own. I gave the broad strokes as to what made me decide to cross them off of my life. I did see bad reviews on here, but I backed them up with my own research. There is a scary amount of people who have read bad reviews here (with links), gone and gotten surgery at the clinic, ended up botched, then come back to complain. You can go back further in my thread to see that I was thisclose to going with Banobagi, but due to my research, I chose not to.

There is no doubt on anything that I posted. The deaths are true and everything I found was reported in the Korean news with the names of the clinics. If I could have found the name of the one that did the towers of jaws, I would have posted it.

By the way, I left my personal feelings out of all I posted. But in case you didn't get it about the clinic having a party while the patient was asleep, that put her in danger of dying due to an overdose of anesthesia since they had to prolong the amount of time she was under.

Hi, i'm new in this forum.
on February i will travel to south Korea to do surgery.
i had a cleft lip, would anybody help me to choose the best clinic to do lip surgery for me?
i read a lot of comment before but nothing to do with lip..
very few people had a problem with their lip.
I'm considering few clinic : Girin and Dream