BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery Consultation, Clinics, and Tips

I don't think it's fair for you to say that. She might be a private person. Not everyone wants their photo circulating online even if it's just their eyes.

Everyone has their own level of comfort on how much they're willing to share and I respect her decision not to disclose this.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said “personally” and “no offense”. What to think to myself is still my business, I guess.
People are not interested in her face. She could even exclude the eyebrows if she wants to. If she is not comfortable with it I would think it’s little fishy. I agree she has the right not to share, still fishy though haha. I would understand if it was about whole face or body (body can be uncomfortable because of tattoos).

Well, again no offense. Even if she is a promoter it’s totally okay with me since she is still giving us some info.

I mean you can think I'm a promoter if you want, but I'm still not going to post a pic of myself... Also if that's all it takes to "prove" that I'm not a promoter, then I can just take some pics online and pretend like they're my own, so I don't think that really proves anything. *shrugs*
I just thought this forum needed "new blood" and some Korean perspectives rather than the same old clinics over and over again.

Actually, I will just take this time to write down all the clinics I had on my list. I whittled this long list down to 7, then to the 5 that could see me on short notice.
I was going to make a new post, but I guess it's not THAT worthy and I'm too lazy to write out long things for all the clinics and why I put them on my list.

Ive- Dr. Seong Soo Jang
Shinseung- Dr. Young Shik Shin
Oscar- Dr. Seung Wook Baek
MVP- Dr. Hyo Seok Seo
June- Dr. Tae Seop Lee
Kim Han Sung
Teuim
Banobagi
Dream- Dr. Yang Soo Park or Dr. Song
Foret
Natural Face- Dr. Go
Gyalumhan- Dr. Tae Joo Ahn
View- Dr. Jung Min Kim
Secret
Navi- Dr. Soo Woo Jung or Dr. Yoo
Misoline
Leeface

If there's a doctor's name next to the clinic, it means those are the docs that I thought would be the most skilled for eyes at that particular clinic.

MVP and Teuim were on my list solely due to Purseforum. It was hard to find info on Teuim on Korean cafes and blogs, because the word in Korean is the same word for epi basically. lol. So I'm still not 100% sure what Koreans think of Teuim since I only saw a few reviews.

All the other places were mentioned quite a lot on Korean cafes as providing natural-looking DES results, so if you were thinking of going to any of the clinics on this list, then I think it's fine. Obviously, I'm not like some expert on DES in Korea, but I researched a lot for a long time to get to this list. Some places like Natural Face, Gyalumhan, and Navi I was a little suspicious of brokers, but I did see photo reviews that looked nice.

Well, I apologize if I made you feel offended. I did not mean promoter as a bad way. I don’t really care if you’re a promoter or not since I got helpful info from your posts. It’s just my personal assumption solely based on your dislike of showing photo since IMO eye only photo will affect nothing, don’t even show your face. So that no photo seemed little off. That’s it. Anyways, hope you would get me in a right way and let my “promoter” post go.

All clinics take multiple photos of your face when you go to them. If they really wanted, they can identify who you are from your photos (yes, even just eyes). I don't want any of the clinics I visited to know who I am online, because they obvious have all of my personal information.
At this point, it is for my security. I'm not sure if you know, but Korea has very strong defamation laws, which even if what you write is true, they might be able to argue that since it's not true for everyone, you are lying. This is why so many people on Korean cafes are very hesitant to write out full names (instead using abbreviations like ㅁㅂ for 마블) or provide prices directly on the post (normally they just provide prices only by DM).

Hi, is there any reasons why Banobagi was dropped from your final list? I'm very undecided between Banobagi and MVP and have tried searching reviews on naver (with my very basic korean haha) but can't find much.. it'll be great if you can share any insights on the 2 clinics :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Sure! Well, I'm not too huge a fan of large clinics (with multiple doctors). In my personal opinion, it is better to go with smaller clinics that specialize so that you can actually get the personalized care and attention. I know some people like large clinics, so it's just personal preference. Another thing though is that while I did see a lot of positive reviews, I also saw some negative reviews (but again, this could just seem like a lot since they are a large clinic and it could actually be a relatively small proportion - I just wasn't completely set on them) and also posts that I thought were from brokers. In my final list, I decided not to go with any clinics that I suspected used brokers (except the clinics that I found from purseforum.. I def saw blatant broker posts from one of the clinics often mentioned here on Naver cafes). I feel like if they are really skilled, they won't have to spend so much money on advertising/brokers since they will have patients from word of mouth anyway.
Finally, I didn't have anyone I knew in my personal circle of friends and acquaintances who had gone to Banobagi. I preferred going to clinic that were referred to me by friends and family. However, if you feel like Banobagi gives you what you want, you should definitely consult with them. No harm in consulting!

Hi, I know they are most famous for eyes, but I did see some posts when I was searching that mentioned nose jobs and the pictures looked nice too, but I wasn't searching for nose reviews so I can't tell you for sure if they are the best at it. He did mention he does mostly eyes and nose surgeries. Although I can recommend him 100% for eyes, you should try to find some more info regarding the nose!
People I meet for the first time after my surgery have no idea I got my eyes done since they look so natural and I have no scarring (thank goodness! My biggest worry in all of this).

Oh, and the reason I didn't end up going with MVP is mostly because I felt more comfortable with Dr. Jang at Ive.
Also, MVP told me the non-incisional DES would only take 10 minutes, which sounded super sketch to me. When I questioned the short surgery time, I was just told it was because the doctor was skilled. Yea, but even the most skilled doctor should take some time to make sure the eyes will be even before making a cut? Furthermore, all of the other places I contacted for consultation said the DES would take at least 30 min, and I'm sure those doctors are highly skilled as well. IDK... just the feeling I got...
I know lots of people on this forum are happy with MVP though, so maybe go for a consultation and see how you feel.

Hi, thanks so much for your detailed reply! :smile: I decided not to go with MVP bc indeed the more I researched on them the more sketchy they seem :/

I'm looking at Gyalumhan now that's also on your list :smile: do you mind sharing what you think about them? there's apparently an instant adhesive method on their website too that seems interesting.

Thank you!

Hi babe, thanks for your reply. I will definitely be consulting in this clinic. One of the blog links you posted earlier, I thought of the bloggers tapered creaseline was a bit too Low for me. Is he flexible with requests? I would prefer a high tapered creaseline.

One thing that puts me off MVP is Dr Seo’s creaselines are so Low, despite requests. And the eyes aren’t very big or dolly looking. I’m also consulting at opera after IVe

The reason I put Gyalumhan on my list is because all the Korean cafes kept saying they were very good at natural DES. I saw some pics and they looked really good. Although I didn't consult with them, I think they are a good choice if you are interested in natural eyes! :smile:

Yes he is very flexible! First he showed me the eyelid that he thought would be the most natural for me then he asked me if I liked it or if I had something else in mind. If you tell him what you want, he will tell you what is possible with your eyes.
Dr. Jang told me that I could do non-incisional for natural eyelids, but if I wanted a higher crease I needed to go with incisional.
Another thing was that he said I could do epi to enhance my eyes more, but that it was MY choice and he wasn't going to tell me whether or not to do it. Because I was so indecisive, the consultant told me the doc would not recommend something if he didn't think I would look better with that particular surgery, but that I had to make the final decision since everyone has their own idea of what their ideal face is.
Basically, just tell him what you want and he will tell you if it is feasible for your particular eyes. As long as it's not extreme where it would look weird, I think he tries to give the client what they want.

• 4 weeks later...
  • admin locked and unlocked this topic