BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery Consultation, Clinics, and Tips

Hi @lemmetellu, thanks for sharing ur list!! Im interested in shinseung and Ive after seeing ur post. I am wondering if you know of any korean translator? I am not planning to go via the medical tourism agencies but i thought of getting a korean translator. I heard it is better to have someone who speaks korean to go with you so that you have the bargaining power.
I am planning to des in next feb but my concern is whether i can secure the surgery with 1-2days after consultation. I heard feb is the peak season for ps. I wish that i can secure the date lst so that i can book the hotel directly near it but now i cant book anything yet since i have to consult the different clinics first before i decide which one to go with.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey lemmetellu thanks so much for doing something like this. Have you ever heard of a clinic called craypas surgery? I'm not really the best at reading korean, but this is their website, and they seem to have really great results on eyelids https://cafe.naver.com/hannic.cafe?iframe_url=%2FMyCafeIntro.nhn%3Fclubid%3D22193057

I was thinking of going here for sure, but now you make me want to visit Ive. Really can't make up my mind lol. There's so many places to choose from, and it's nearly endless and very time consuming so I think I'll end up going to either of these two. The problem with craypas surgery is I really have no clue whats going on in their website besides being able to view a couple of before and after pictures which I really like. It's also hard to find who the go to doctor is for doing the eyelid surgeries. Regardless, I still feel a strange sense telling me that that place is the right one.. Quick question though, you mention you got nonincision eyelid surgery right? Is it true that nonincision eyelid surgery doesn't last as long as incisional eyelid surgery? I've been hearing some eyelid surgeries only last up to 5-7 years. Sorry for the long post, and thanks again for all you're doing. It was really helpful seeing some new clinics that not only foreigners recommend, but the locals do too.

Hi,

Sorry I don't know any Korean interpreters who would be able to help you out unless you are looking to hire like an actual professional (I know several who work for high-level talks and corporations, but they charge like hundreds of dollars an hour).
I had my surgery during peak season and I was able to get surgery the same day, but it was because he actually added me as an extra surgery; not because he had space. lol. So maybe you can get lucky (? not sure if other people will also think I was lucky in that sense..) like me and be able to be squeezed in last minute).

Sorry, I have never heard of that place, but if you are really set on it I would at least go for a consultation.
I did get non-incisional and I did ask my doc about it "unraveling" or whatever, and my doc said that there is almost no chance of that happening. But he did say like don't rub my eyes often/too hard because that would help loosen up the eyes.

Have you heard of nana plastic surgery?

Hi
Hi Bossam,

I'm going this Dec for DES. Shinseung & Ive are on my list. I've booked them for consultation :smile:

Hi @M1sstranggle,
Where else other than these 2 clinics r u going for consultation? What kind of DES u planning to do? Mine most likely incisional, ptosis and maybe epi.

Hi @Bossam,
Same as you, I'm going to do incisional & ptosis. I've booked a consultation with Grace which was recommended by my Korean friend. Stay in touch. I'll keep you posted.

Hi @M1sstrangle,
U mind to share ur kakao id? You can add me @ericiism90
Your korean frenz also recommended these 2 clinics?

No I haven't, but it could still be a good clinic! I am not an expert; just giving my experiences so people have more options.

I'm glad that it helped you! :smile: Let me know how your surgery/consultations go.

Hi, i just want to share
My friend (from kakao chat) we’re now currently at korea doing eyelid surgery so we share & chat quite a lot

she done the non-incision + ptosis correction at IVE and she need to redo one eyelid because the ptosis correction are not balance after few days healing

I don’t say that Dr at IVE done a bad job, at least they tell her to fix right away before leaving (i dont know how much longer she will stay or such but i hope she’s healing fine)

but I wouldnt want to redo my eyes after few days healing and need to go through all the swollen all over again

Maybe it’s normal for us who do ptosis correction to redo one eye

Luckily my incisional DES + ptosis correction turns fine at different clinic
Im still very much swollen and will remove my stiches day after tmr

I used to feel like maybe i’ve done a bad desicion choosing clinic right away before consulting to 2-3 clinics (IVE was on my list) but i was kinda relieved not choosing IVE when i heard she need to do correction on 1 eye again

it’s very hard to choose a clinic & doctors in korea
Maybe it’s a matter of luck

I sincerely hope all of our surgery turns out successful wherever clinic we choose! ❤️

Yikes.. that's too bad for your friend. I hope everything goes well with her!
How did you friend learn about Ive?
This is one of the things I was worried about before writing about my experience here, because just because it went really well for me and other people I know doesn't mean it's always going to go well for everyone.

You are the one that went with MVP right? I know in this thread (https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1007590-des-at-mvp/#post-33470775) you were like the only one that had a good experience with MVP while everyone was talking about how they leave you hanging in their waiting rooms forever and rush you. I mean people all have different experiences and they should go with how they feel about the doc/gut feeling is totally a thing I feel. I'm glad everything went alright with you and you chose the right doc for you! :smile:

Yea usually doctors charge different prices, but that is normal since they all have different experiences. It is the same thing at hair salons (at least the places I go to in the US and Korea) too.. the head stylist always charges more.