BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery Consultation, Clinics, and Tips

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Seo (Ive) specializes in both eyes and nose (eyes more) and for natural looking double eyelids. If you are looking for dolly, you should go to places that advertise a lot like Cinderella PS. He shows you what you would look best using the stick, but you can also tell him what you would prefer.

I know Shinseung is best known for second/third surgery epi (some celebs went to him to fix botched epi and that's how he got famous).

• 2 weeks later...
hi @lemmetellu, first of all thank you for all of your contribution. I was wondering if you had any more information about doctor hwang at hyundai aesthetics. I really like his dramatic style but cant find any much information on him. Also do you have any clinic/doctor recommendations for dramatic eye surgery? thank you!

Not sure what you mean about dramatic surgery.. like dolly? The most famous one is Cinderella but I'm not sure about their skills (their reputation is not amazing tbh)

I've been asked a lot in messages if I am still happy with my surgery. Yes, I am very satisfied! I recently went to a gathering with some friends I hadn't seen in years and none of them knew I got surgery.. they just thought I looked younger (lol Asian faces to white people always look young) and maybe lost weight or something. When I told some of these friends I got surgery they were shocked and couldn't tell. SO I would say this is a success. Even my close friends that I see all the time have told me that they forgot what I used to look like and forget that my eyes used to look different. So I am happy that my double eyelids look very natural and I still recommend Ive.

-----

I've also been getting a lot of messages asking me for help navigating Naver search to do their own research on surgery clinics in Korea.

Disclaimer: The following is a stream-of-consciousness of what I think a GOOD clinic should be like/act like. Obviously I am not the end all be all for choosing great clinics so take my recommendations into consideration (but not bible). I am not telling you to go to one specific clinic.. in fact I urge you to go to at least 3 consultations. You will get a gut feeling that tells you "yes, this is the clinic I trust to provide me with what I want." If you don't get that feeling anywhere, you need to go to more consultations. I would never go somewhere and get surgery if I just felt indifferent (especially for my face!).

First, some words you can use to conduct your searches:
Monolid - 무쌍
Hidden double eyelid - 속쌍꺼풀
Double eyelid - 쌍꺼풀
DES - 쌍꺼풀 수술
Revision - 재수술
DES revision - 쌍꺼풀 재수술
Inner epi - 앞트임
Outer epi - 뒷트임
In-line - 인라인
Out-line - 아웃라인
In-out line - 인아웃라인

You can use a combination of these to do your searches. So an in-line double eyelid revision would be 인라인 쌍꺼풀 재수술. But normally people don't include their lines when talking about surgeries.

I just want to say that as a local Korean, we normally only go to clinics recommended by our friends/family members. The 2 plastic surgery apps? Most people know that it is full of brokers and won't even download them tbh. They are known to use pictures from other places to promote their clinics.
The Naver cafes are also full of brokers (like 70% of the comments are from brokers now - usually you can tell though because they will spam the same clinic name like 2-3 times in a row in the comments from different accounts). You can pay a firm $1000/month to basically spam blog posts and comments from different accounts and make it look "organic." $1000 for a plastic surgery clinic is nothing.. it is like pocket change.
You will see the same handful of clinics pop up often and then never be mentioned again. Check the dates on the posts and comments. If the same clinic pops up within a month and then disappears.. those are posted by brokers. I see it a lot and I see a lot of people get duped by this. DON'T.

Yea, Koreans will look up clinics online and stuff, but we usually end up going to ones recommended by our peers (this is also how parents find the best hagwons for their kids.. the best places aren't advertised) and often the best ones have like almost no advertising presence online because they don't need to. I used Naver cafes and blog postings to inform my search as well since I didn't want to go into it blindly. If a place had a HUGE online presence I immediately became distrustful. No online presence is weird too since that makes me think they don't keep up to date on the new technology (and in turn on new surgical techniques.. which is also bad). So if I were still in the game looking for a plastic surgery clinic, I would look for a place that has a website (updated one in Korean but terrible one in English is fine because this just shows you that it's only locals that go to this place and not geared for foreigners). The clinic should also have almost no advertising blog posts that look like they are written by brokers or people paid to post something.

Think about it.. if you don't want to go to a place that seems like a factory so they only have 1-2 doctors at the clinic, they will be busy enough from word of mouth that they don't need to advertise online. They don't have to beg people to post great reviews of them online since the results speak for themselves and happy people will refer others to their clinic organically (like I am. lol).

The reason I made my original post on Purseforum in the first place is because I would see crazy posts asserting things about Koreans that I felt this place needed an actual Korean to give their perspective. Again, I am not saying I am some sort of expert. I just wanted people to have new places to take a look at instead of the same 5 or 6 places that get brought up constantly on here (most that aren't even talked about on Naver cafes tbh.. so they are geared to foreign clients).

-----

I am also thinking of starting a new post with dermatology clinics for skin care (like pore reduction, smoother skin, skin discoloring correction, etc.) I've recently started getting into skincare treatments now that I am finally starting to see the effects of aging. I have been getting aqua peels and have been going around to many clinics (aqua peels are non-invasive so I usually just go to the cleanest and cheapest clinic. lol..) There are a TON of clinics for laser treatments and lots of random names for the procedures that even I get confused sometimes. Let me know if you are interested and I will think about posting it here.

Hi lemmetellu, thanks for all your info it’s been really helpful. I’m looking to get revision eyelid surgery in April and Ive is one of 3 clinics I’m seriously considering. I was wondering if you know or remember seeing many examples of crease lowering at their clinic? They won’t send me pics for privacy reasons so I’m not sure how skilled at crease lowering Dr Jang is (I’m looking to get my crease lowered to remove sausage lids).

I am not sure about crease lowering itself since I didn't look at too many example pictures when I was there (they do have a book that you can look at once you are at the clinic). I'm sure he will do a fantastic job, though! But I do urge you to go to at least 3 clinics (I see that you already have 3 in mind) to at least get a good sense of all the different doctors so you can make the best choice for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey @lemmetellu thanks you so much for taking your time do write such detailed information. I’m looking at clinic for revision lowering crease and inner epi eye revision. Do you know if the doc at IVE does these revision? I can’t seem to find much i info about the clinic. Also, do you have any clinic to recommend? I have not been to Korea, so I’m still looking at clinic/reviews(:

Yes, he does. I got epi done at the clinic and it turned out nice.

The clinics I would recommend are Ive and Shinseung of the places I visited.

Thanks for the reply.
I see. For IVE is there a website/Fb/IG? Which doc you recommend for IVE? I can’t seem to find on google how do you contact them? I’m looking at shinseung dr. Shin too. And Eve did you consult Eve?

I've thought about going to Korea too. How long do you guys plan to stay there? I know usually there are check-ins for complications later. I've only had my eyes done in the US. I had to get it done twice. The guy is Avery respected surgeon in the area but every surgeon where I live have no Asian patients so I felt like an experiment. I will probably get them redone in a bigger city with many Asian people but I'd prefer to get my nose done first. I'm just scared now

Pls kindly provide ema
Pls kindly provide email id/ watsapp of ive,opera,oscar,,real,jaedon,secret,topface,laprin