BeautyHacker

Warning against chin/jaw liposuction and Acculift

Hey forumers, long time lurker here and first time posting after a disheartening experience with chin/jawline lipo and Acculift. I'm 22 and had this procedure done a couple of months ago, and I highly regret it :sad: I came into the consultation only wanting to get rid of my double chin, but the hospital insisted I had a lot of face fat and chubby cheeks and talked me into getting my jawline/lower cheek/chin area lipoed as well. I did have chubby cheeks but I didn't mind them at all, and people thought I was 16 all the time because of my baby face. After lipo, I look older and tired; my face looks more flat and dull, and loss of volume actually made my face look bigger... People tell me I look older (I know I shouldn't take those comments to heart but before this, all I got were compliments on how young and pretty I was). The surgery changed my entire face shape and I literally look like a different person and not an improved version. I guess I'm writing this because I want to warn you guys against taking fat away from your face. I guess sometimes we all get greedy and want that "flawless" look but honestly, do your research and know exactly what improvements you want, and don't let hospitals tell you you have more areas that need to be fixed if their aesthetics aren't in line with your own. Before the surgery, I took a look at the B/A pictures of this lipo procedure, and I can honestly say a lot of the after results looked so much worse and older than before. Yet I still went ahead with it because I trusted the results with be good. I asked the consultants whether lipo would make me look older, but they reassured me again and again that it wouldn't. The surgeon saw me for no more than 2 minutes through the whole thing (consultation, surgery, post-surgery). I have no one to blame but myself but being stupid and not insisting on exactly what I wanted, and for not listening to my gut feeling. I can't believe I took away my natural fat when people pay for fat grafting for the baby face effect I used to have. I don't know what to do now. I lost all my confidence. I look in the mirror and I don't see myself. I'll definitely have to get fat grafting done now :sad: Sigh... I know this entire thread probably sounds vain, but I'm sure some of you would understand, as we only have one face and we have to live with it. I'd be thankful for any help if anyone has had experience with fat grafting to the lower cheeks/buccal fat area. Thanks for reading!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing! They suggested buccal fat removal as well and almost insisted on it, but thankfully I never even considered that procedure before and flatly refused. I don't think it's a good idea for anyone. Loss of volume around the buccal area will make your face more flat and dull and older looking. I haven't lost hope yet though... I stuffed cotton balls inside my mouth where I had chubby cheeks and BAMN, I instantly looked young and cute again, and my face shape actually looked smaller. Puffing out my cheeks has a similar effect too. So I guess having a "small face" isn't all about the V-line. You have to take face shape angles and volume into consideration too. At least I figured out what procedure I'll be needing now. :smile:

Also, I don't think chin lipo in itself is a bad idea. I just wouldn't recommend lipo anywhere above the jawline. I don't have a double chin anymore, but I would undo this procedure if I could.

I am actually considering to go for Acculift in October to remove excess fats from my jawline and jowls only.
I was told during consultation that 2 tiny incisions will be made on either sides of the jaw to remove the fats that will be dislodged by the acculift laser. Stitches will be removed after 7 days. I hope it will go well, although now I feel a bit discouraged and cautious after reading your post. Thank you for sharing.

Sorry you have to go through this. What clinic was this? Unfortunately clinics recommending more work than what you initially came in for is common way for them to squeeze more money out of you, I think far too many young inexperienced people fall victim into going with their recs as they think the clinic has the patient's best interests in mind when they don't, rather the clinic is thinking about meeting their revenue goals for that month. It's best to think it over for a few days before committing to more procedures and to talk to more than one clinic, as once you change your face, you can't go back to exactly how it was before.

Definitely agree. They didn't care about me as a patient with my own goals and concerns and just pushed their sales tactics on me. I went with my mom, and honestly I wanted to wait a few days before making a decision, but my mom blindly believed them and paid for the surgery right away. I will PM you the clinic.

Could you PM me the clinic too? Thank you very much.

Sorry to hear and thank you for sharing your experience! I am thinking of getting lipo done for my double chin and along/under the jawline area. Could you please share a bit about your recovery process? How long did the swelling last and where you required to wear a compression band around your head? If so how long did you have to wear that for? Thank you in advance!

The recovery process wasn't too bad. I had swelling and slight bruising around my mouth for around a month, but it looked okay. I was advised to wear a compression band whenever I could for two months afterwards. During the first two weeks I had to wear the compression band every day. It wasn't painful, but the area felt hard to the touch and I couldn't open my mouth too wide for the first couple of days.

Cannot believed that the doctor and staff were not listen or catch what you really desired of :sad:
cn u plz PM me the clinic as well?
I've been done Fat Transfer Brazilian and Lipo in Seoul as well but I am very happy now as well.
Hope you too find a good clinic for your face !! (I believe that everything going to be good and make your smily face again)

I know :sad: The translators were annoyed when I voiced my concerns (since I had a lot). I didn't have a good feeling about them and should've trusted my instinct. I'm really glad that you like the result of your surgeries! :smile: You did the fat transfer in Brazil? Thank you so much! I will try to remain positive, and I hope that a good clinic will be able to fix my issues.

It's so hard to be optimistic when I look in the mirror and hate what I see. The lipo seems to have aged me by 5-10 years. I didn't know taking some fat from my lower face would leave me looking like a different person. My midface is now flat too since the supporting fat is gone. I never feel pretty anymore and avoid looking into mirrors because it leaves me depressed. There's a disconnect when I expect to see my usual youthful face but then what I see just shocks me. Somehow my smile lines became more prominent too, and my face is not smooth anymore and has slightly hollow areas? Omg. Before the surgery, the only areas I was self conscious about was my double chin, but now I'm left with so many other problems. How can this happen with just a simple lipo procedure? It's hard to even wake up in the mornings, and harder to pretend I'm happy in front of my mom and friends. In the days leading up to the surgery, I was still getting complimented on by strangers (both guys and girls). Why did I do this to myself? I don't feel like myself anymore. I'm now doing a lot of research on good clinics for fat grafting/facial contouring, and this time, I'll definitely be smarter and listen to my gut feeling.

• admin locked and unlocked this topic