BeautyHacker

52 years old for face lift

85F24295-D2A1-43C6-8891-0A6DFD7DA3B2.jpeg E0D12995-FF4B-4ECF-9E03-778591C427D0.jpeg Hi All, I have been running around pretty none stop with my aunt and a cousin being dined constantly. My stitches of my eyes came off exactly after one week and second face stitches on the second week right when I arrived back to Seoul from Busan on the fast train which was Monday. On Tuesday they did my second fg and result yesterday was scary but today much better after I washed my hair this morning. I can tell that I did the right thing by getting all my procedures along with ptosis correction I didn’t know I needed. The clinic told me not to apply any products under my eyes but i have experience with a little bit of wound products, I applied honey based product under my eye stitches every night since taking the stitches out. I never had scabbing and I really thing my eyes healed well. Of course now I am apply to my other stiched area since the removal of the stitches on Monday. This pic I am posting is from this morning before heading to a palace where my daughter and I will dress in korean traditional outfits. When I get home I will post in details of my healing processes.
I do have nice size nose but pictures always makes me look as if I need a nose job. However I think my face features are pretty balanced even though they all could be better... my doctor again told me no to lip injections.... my daughter reinforced and told me if I get anything else done to my face she would get mad

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking amazing Love! They did an amazing job and you healed really well. Cannot wait to see you in person.

Interestingly I have seen ugly selfies from people who are beautiful and gorgeous selfies from very regular looking peoole. Selfies cannot be trusted.
I got a Rejuran treatment at Area88 on Wednesday. I have to admit it was painful. A bit more painful than PRP. He emphasized that I need 3 treatments before I see any results.
I also visited Dream Hospital and ASAP and VIP because they are located so close from each other. I was seen by the consultant and the eye plastic surgeon at Dream the eye doctor warned about the risks of eye dryness after any cosmetic eye surgery and instead he referred me to the dermatology department. Dream Hospital is such an elegant and professional hospital. I was impressed by the size of their modern equipment and furniture. There were so many beautiful Korean women in the lobbies at each floor. I wasn't impressed by VIP although I couldn't get a consultation because I didn't have an appointment. I probably won't even go back.
So far I liked Dream but I will try to check out View clinic tomorrow..
Dream consultant and the eye PS recommended a dermal injection called Chanel that according to them is made of HA, amino acids and other nutrients. They said they didn't recommend Rejuran but recommend Chanel injection. The cost is 1 million won for each injection and you need 3 injection to see the results. My skin has still needle marjs all over by Rejuran injection but i am going to see their dermatologist tomorrow for a consultation.

86698882-BA6B-49B0-B92E-76FA291DE322.jpeg
two weeks and 5 days after face and neck lift and 5 days after second fg. I just got home yesterday from Korea after being up 26 hours and dozing through out the day today. I unfortunately didn’t take good care of my second fg as I slept on my left temple and right cheek. I am just crossing my fingers. My left jaw area is still more swollen due to drain tube placement. The skin close to the incision lines close to my ears are still numb to touch and do not feel like my skin. The second fat injections are closer to my eyes which actually is giving me more youthful look. My second daughter saw me for the first time today and said I do look different but way younger. I must confess that I feel my fat appearance changes through out the day. I think I look the worst when I initially get up in the morning and feel like puffed up miss piggy and my eyes look tiny. I am going to adventure out tomorrow to buy some concealer for my eyes and tryout some eye makeup. This fuller cheek are not something I desired but I think I like them... I know that the final look won’t look this full. I still wish my lips were fuller. I may try the bull horn lifts after I fully recover.

Looking younger @jsorchid. Not to worry about the cheeks..The fullness will go down as some of the fg reabsorbs and this will take the weight on your nasolabial folds away. However now that you have had fg in your cheeks, it is important to avoid salty foods/ msg and foods high in fat to prevent balloon face.

To decide on bullhorn, measure the length of your philtrum. If it is 20 mms, then absolutely go for it. If it is 15 mms, then maybe as a young lady's philtrum is 11-13 mms.

Thank you for sharing pictures as this has been very helpful to let us see anreal patient ASPS facelift. The only thing you have left out is the price. Could you please share? I have shared prices of my surgeries which helps people know how much to save and budget for. I was blown away to hear a Kao ponytail FL costs between $40-45k so am eager to know the real costs of Korean FLs.

Ok too graphic! I don't want smas! I think I can wait until 70. Omg being rejected for a FL is a good thing. Wow. Gosh the skin is peeled off like skinning an animal. I wonder how many ladies would still consider FL if they saw images of the operation? FL was good on @jsorchid but for me I am trying the volume replacement theory into rejuvenation.

Whoa, I am late in the game, speed-reading. @jsorchid, love, love your review. I think you may be the 1st asian smas reviewer with pics.
Results look great. What is this drain tube thing and how long were they in your jaw (2 drains or 1) ?
And where does it drain?
That sounds scary. Do all smas require drains? Omg, me scared for bruises, infection and scars .

@SheOnlyLooks25, that's a LOT of excised skin for smas. Who is this Utah ps , pm me if you don't want to advertise.
Now regarding the ponytail lift, where do all the extra skin go if no scar/excision. Does he tie them up in a ribbon, lol.

Dr Thompson of Utah Facial Plastics. That was his third SMAS in one week. He also does bullhorn lip-lifts. Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.06.17 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.02.49 am.png

A0E638B8-D58B-45CC-BC0B-627E9061CF61.jpeg F651C45D-D1F8-4169-BD39-0FB03A1E5264.jpeg
The area my index finger is pointing is hard where the draining tube was. The doctor said the line will resolve as firmness softens. There were tubes in each side of my cheeks and both laid in different positions so my face is uneven but others might not notice. The tubes were taken out the day after the surgery about 10am since there weren’t much output later as the nurse was draining it quite often. Also my left under neck is hard too, I think my lymph nodes must be swollen. I made myself watch the SMAS operation before deciding on the surgery. It was tough to watch as the thoughts crossing my mind the consequences of power outage, multiple bacterial infections that can eat off the skin... doctor accidentally damaging my nerves... but I don’t think I had any other choice as my skin was too loose due to weight loss and me being in my 50’s to have my skin bouncing back. The additionally having fg gave my face dimensions that was lost... having lips corrected will be emotional challenge as SMAS it self didn’t change my look. So far I consider the SMAS as only redraping my skin over my bones and fg inflating my cheeks. I also love my neck as rings around my neck softened. If I start to sag again, I would consider doing a second SMAS in my mid 60’s as long as my skin holds up.

Very informative. Your jowls are gone and your earlobes remain intact !
Thank goodness drains were there only for 24hrs. You are a brave woman for watching videos beforehand.
It is nice of asps to let you stay overnight in their facility. I wonder if that it SOP for smas.

@jsorchid, you chose well. May I ask if you put a deposit and if you paid the whole thing in cash? And if you are fluent in Korean.

CBDE892C-22B7-4709-9DCF-10E696F10A6F.jpeg
Before picture on the plane to Korea, one week after FL and removal of sultures from lower eye lids, after 2 weeks FL and second fg, after 4 weeks and new digit perm. My ptosis correction was really added bonus. Still hardened areas to the touch but feelings are coming back more and more everyday. My hairdresser who knows me well said that I look very natural and wouldn’t think I had FL. I am amazed how my bags are completely gone!

E6007D4E-8760-448A-9DEB-D4B82A98F495.jpeg5D8AF78E-1DDD-4896-9343-831D767E982F.jpeg
I am amazed! I felt small bumps behind my ears, I was afraid to look but had my daughter take pictures of bumps on both ears. Dr Lee hid buckling behind my ears so all my stitches around my face line up perfectly for smooth transition. If you have tried sewing of any kind, lining all the cloths evenly to match is pretty hard. (I am very precise to a fault), now I noticed that ever slight unevenness of my back earlobes are the price I paid for perfectly lineup incision lines. This doctor Lee at ASPS is a magician! If you go through RealSelf site, there are horrible pictures of buckling of peoples faces around the front ears... I didn’t want that kind of surgery so I took a chance going to Korea for the perfect facelift!