BeautyHacker

52 years old for face lift

Thank you for sharing. How is the operated area? Does it feel numb?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

728AA5C1-1FC8-4DE3-9C4C-764DD4267D5F.jpeg 6A5C6BA0-1A8B-4B2E-ABA7-CB481B39B82D.jpeg
My initial plastic surgery journey began with only desiring to have eye bags removed... really the main problem was my right eye... if my right eye was like left eye, I think I could have waited another one to two years before needing the eye bags fixed. I think my right side face aged more than my left side of the face.

On Monday night after the surgery as soon as I could open my eyes, of course I took a picture of myself. What was surprising was that under the good eye which is my left eye with less of bag problem had an extra 1 cm arched curve incision under my eyes. It was a strange unnecessary scaring. My initial thought was did he over correct on the wrong side... what the hell I thought. I did ask him the next morning why he put extra cut on my good eye. His explanations didn’t seem to make sense as my Korean isn’t that good in medical terms and he didn’t elaborate either. He just reassured that I wouldn’t scar. I decided just trust the doctor. Still for the whole week until my stitches came off I still didn’t understand. Today my stitches came off... I still didn’t see why I had extra cut under my good eye. Until whole day passed and I kept on looking at myself.... then it dawned on me My doctor was anticipating a smiling line that was going to happen to my bad eye and put an extra line on my good eye to even both eyes... if he did not create that line I would have been uneven... at least that is my theory of why that extra incision is made... I will let you guys know more as I keep on healing... I never had real pain except for headaches for couple of days. Feelings around my right jaw line is coming back quite strongly today. The worst numbing happened to be close to my incisions around the ears.

That is peculiar how he made a separate extra incision not hidden by the lash line. Hope the second incision heals and scar fades. I agree it is odd and there is no reason for it. Hope he didn't let a junior do your eyebags and then the junior messed up incising so low! Or maybe he started doing an aegyo sal and realised you wanted eyebag removal not aegyo sal creation?

I am a nurse, there is professionalisms that we speak only the truth. I have an official letter stating and stamped that the surgery was performed by Dr Lee, as a professional I would never ever sign a paper stating something I didn’t do as I did... at least that is the way I only know and all the doctors and nurses I know. Even i know I would get myself into trouble we nurses only tell the truth at my work and we own up to our mistakes and report incidents... that thought alone would not even cross my mind... my collegues and I would not sign a paper if we did not see fellow coworkers waste narcotic disposal or collaborate a statement unless we are 100% certain, I never assume and we check things over and over... that idea you suggest is very disturbing.
Esthetically, that extra line makes sense when you look at it from distance... I will keep you informed but I really do not want to enter the realm of believing such unethical things... what is aego sal creation?

Sorry if I offended you. I only came up with possibilities as I was left with nerve damage as a private UK plastic surgeon did one breast but let his junior do the other which led to the nerve injury and inability to abduct my arm for several months. So even though I paid for him to do the surgery he let his assistant I had never met before operate on one side to save time. I was shocked to see it only took 15 minutes to do breast augmentation and 2 people operating at the same time explained it.

Google aegyo sal. It is the creation of a fold in the lower lid that is popular in korea and the incision would match that lower second scar.

Again all this is conjecture as you were posting that you did not understand what had happened and the surgeon's explanation did not make sense as your korean is not medical.

The problem with consultations in a foreign language is the possibility of a misunderstanding. I said bullhorn liplift yet the korean plastic surgeon agreed then on the day of the op did vermillion. I was just wondering why there was a second scar when lower blepharoplasty is done in the lash line. In any case you are fine with it so don't fret. For me, I was not okay with a scar along my entire upper lip and had to redo the op in the uk the proper way. In other words in my case, I had not received what I had paid for... operated by an assistant in the one case and in the other a different lip lift was performed after he took my money. I was told by a wise lady not to put surgeons on a pedestal as they are human beings, some good, some bad.

Well, the incision was only done on one eye vs both... so if they were trying to create that arguing sal look than I would be assuming the incisions need to be done on both eyes. For the aegyo sal under the eye, it’s too far from my under eye lid and the direction it was striving wasn’t that look. I guess we’ll just have to see. So far esthetically from the distance the extra incision appears trying to match my right eye that has aged differently. It’s quite a lot of guessing work right now after one week of surgery. I just read about a person who looked like a completely different person after couple of weeks... that seems almost impossible.

Hate it. The other term is Love Bands. It ONLY works on the VERY, VERY YOUNG when your skin still has the glow of youth. I have seen it naturally on young children and even then I am unsure about the look.

In your 30's and older it will look like EYEBAGS.

Funny how it is such an in thing in Korea. They also call it baby eyes. I tried to create it with eyeshadow. But doesn't work in the UK.

@jsorchid talk to a clinic translator about that second incision. I can see why it upset you as it was on your young eye. Try to focus on the positives, no neck wrinklles, tighter face etc. Your lower face will look younger than mine!

5886D785-53F2-4237-A014-D5FC2BFB2FA0.jpeg
When I woke up this morning most of my swelling subsided and my joker lips disappeared. My lumpy cheeks from fg feels smoother instead of bubbles, my right jaw feels normal, left jaw still little numb. My crooked smile from my right lips are 80% better... I think my fg from from my chin shifted upward and massaging helped dissolve it.

You are looking good for major surgery and you are only 9 days post!
You were told incorrect info about how long Rejuran lasts. At 6-9 months you need a top up for maintenance! Wish it wasn't so.

I love how real you are. And how you set your expectations. I once had a consult as well and was told the naso folds and jowls will be improved but not 100% (more like 80%). And that there is no set date on long it will last. Facelift DOES NOT STOP the ageing process ! Longevity of it will depend on what your lifestyle is : late nights, alcohol, smoking, stress, sun-worshipping, daily skin care, diet, etc, etc.
I wish you a smooth and scar-free recovery. I will be following your thread.
Even though I haven't had ps yet, my consultation(since I paid for it) included tips on scar treatment. PM if interested.

@jsorchids as you are contemplating Rejuran, those injections are supposed to help healing as well. Just ask them to inject some into your scars.
@Hautelady no facelift will get rid of your nasalabial lines 100%, it will help. Read up on facelifts and see how your muscles are draped. There is a separate procedure for that your nasalabial lines but they have to go through your lower eyelids and pull vertically. Once you have your facelift you will probably still need fillers but not as often, or you may find you can live with what's remaining of the folds. Maybe 7 years down the line (when your fl starts to lose it's effects) you can have a thread lift which will be very effective as you have built a good foundation with your SMAS.

Errhm, read up. I did not say FL will fix the naso 100%.

I beg to differ on injecting something while the tissues are healing. I would give mine a chance to heal itself before injecting a foreign substance. I don't even know how my skin will react to it on normal circumstances, much more if it is damaged. But , that's just my opinion.

Hi @jsorchid, how is healing now? Have you tried makeup yet? My ultimate test after ps is to see with makeup on. I usually apply 3 days post instead of a week as I get too impatient. Your jawline looks lovely. I am up to 101.4 lbs which is like having a natural fg top up which is a lot since I started at 96.8 and it looks like just the areas of fg are filling up so really liking the look.

Have you had the extra fg top up yet as asps were going to do the extra after your FL?